Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
faatal

faatal

On 10/5/2020 at 9:21 AM, Blake_ said:

@madmole I heard that UNITY 2020.2 beta version is like 7 days to die developer's wet dream: "DeltaTime" and Multithread improvements. stabler framerate, faster compiling in the editor, C#8 code migration, faster workflow, detailed resource usage management... etc etc.

I mean, were you guys ticketing like crazy and breeding your own Unity driver or what ? lol.

I love new Unity versions, but as we are getting into a gold mindset and have been talking to Unity, we plan on using LTS releases. A20 should be on 2019.4 LTS and next year hopefully move to the 2020 LTS for A21, so would be able to get those benefits.

11 hours ago, Reset said:

Vehicles feel a bit slow to me.  Is there any chance that they will get a change in alpha 19?(except the bicycle, the speed for that is fine)

Not likely. Vehicle speed is limited by chunk loading speed. Last week I make an improvement to chunk deco spawning speed, but a lot more would have to be done to the total speed.

32 minutes ago, Bird Nerd said:

Hey @faatal, any news on a new experimental?

No. The current one may get a few tweaks and will probably go stable within a month.

A lot of team time is now going into A20.

faatal

faatal

On 10/5/2020 at 9:21 AM, Blake_ said:

@madmole I heard that UNITY 2020.2 beta version is like 7 days to die developer's wet dream: "DeltaTime" and Multithread improvements. stabler framerate, faster compiling in the editor, C#8 code migration, faster workflow, detailed resource usage management... etc etc.

I mean, were you guys ticketing like crazy and breeding your own Unity driver or what ? lol.

I love new Unity versions, but as we are getting into a gold mindset and have been talking to Unity, we plan on using LTS releases. A20 should be on 2019.4 LTS and next year hopefully move to the 2020 LTS for A21, so would be able to get those benefits.

11 hours ago, Reset said:

Vehicles feel a bit slow to me.  Is there any chance that they will get a change in alpha 19?(except the bicycle, the speed for that is fine)

Not likely. Vehicle speed is limited by chunk loading speed. Last week I make an improvement to chunk deco spawning speed, but a lot more would have to be done to the total speed faster.

10 minutes ago, Bird Nerd said:

Hey @faatal, any news on a new experimental?

No. The current one may get a few tweaks and will probably go stable within a month.

A lot of team time is now going into A20.