Edit History

RhinoW

RhinoW

On 8/13/2020 at 3:46 PM, AtomicUs5000 said:

I really want to get to the heart of what you are saying here, but most of this is either just untrue or highly exaggerated to the point I can't see it.
I do play this game, as so do obviously everyone else here... and this is simply not the case.
What I do get is you have the same concerns as I do, but blowing things out of proportion isn't going to help others see eye to eye on those concerns. 

No, it's not untrue mate, i'm not exaggerating. I don't use hyperboles unless I know what I am talking about. 

Making a wall around your base means you have an extra chance per block, that they will choose another block. But in the end, whenever a block takes 10% damage or has a bit less health than another. All of the zombies will focus on it, so yeah you can spam repair it, but that's not really the point of making fortress walls now is it?

Keeping true to a PoI's design and making it efficient is one hell of a fun task, but you literally have to think about how the AI pathing works (so new players are completely out of the equation) so you know exactly what path they will take, and that has only work so far in my A18 base (after A17 AI update)  on the elementary school base....because I literally had no block (besides spikes and blade traps bla bla) on the front entrance, and in the end, the base worked like a tower defense game, where I had multiple base defense stages inside (and yeah it was hella fun, until demolishers started appearing), but this is only because I knew how the pathing worked, a newer player will have a hard time if he goes by common sense.

Your best common sense is still staying on top of a building and waiting, getting on top of a building and shooting them down through your "floor" iron bars, or hoping on unrealistic killing houses that exploit the AI (which is not wrong and doesn't affect me, it's just a different playstyle that keeps getting more and more worshipped). 

My point is, the zombies are getting smarter and smarter, rendering a lot of previously decent bases, useless. And the player character is not even picking up the pace if the players want to play realistically (which forces people to use cheap tactics, bloodmoon "bases"  and those that don't want to use em, get screwed), again, staying on top of the roof is pretty one of the last few realistic and solid choices.

Oh and zombies now swim faster than you, let that sink in, because they won't anymore.

RhinoW

RhinoW

On 8/13/2020 at 3:46 PM, AtomicUs5000 said:

I really want to get to the heart of what you are saying here, but most of this is either just untrue or highly exaggerated to the point I can't see it.
I do play this game, as so do obviously everyone else here... and this is simply not the case.
What I do get is you have the same concerns as I do, but blowing things out of proportion isn't going to help others see eye to eye on those concerns. 

No, it's not untrue mate, i'm not exaggerating. I don't use hyperboles unless I know what I am talking about. 

Making a wall around your base means you have an extra change per block, that they will choose another block. But in the end, whenever a block takes 10% damage or has a bit less health than another. All of the zombies will focus on it, so yeah you can spam repair it, but that's not really the point of making fortress walls now is it?

Keeping true to a PoI's design and making it efficient is one hell of a fun task, but you literally have to think about how the AI pathing works (so new players are completely out of the equation) so you know exactly what path they will take, and that has only work so far in my A18 base (after A17 AI update)  on the elementary school base....because I literally had no block (besides spikes and blade traps bla bla) on the front entrance, and in the end, the base worked like a tower defense game, where I had multiple base defense stages inside (and yeah it was hella fun, until demolishers started appearing), but this is only because I knew how the pathing worked, a newer player will have a hard time if he goes by common sense.

Your best common sense is still staying on top of a building and waiting, getting on top of a building and shooting them down through your "floor" iron bars, or hoping on unrealistic killing houses that exploit the AI (which is not wrong and doesn't affect me, it's just a different playstyle that keeps getting more and more worshipped). 

My point is, the zombies are getting smarter and smarter, rendering a lot of previously decent bases, useless. And the player character is not even picking up the pace if the players want to play realistically (which forces people to use cheap tactics, bloodmoon "bases"  and those that don't want to use em, get screwed), again, staying on top of the roof is pretty one of the last few realistic and solid choices.

Oh and zombies now swim faster than you, let that sink in, because they won't anymore.