Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
STyK_

STyK_

2 hours ago, Naz said:

I recently started a nightmare/insane/25%loot/horde night every night game, i had heard MM talk about it before and a player on my a18 server suggested it but i just never got around to it until now. after 11 attempts i'm on day 15 so far so good XD.

I salute your effort to play the game on a more challenging difficulty! I don't know if I could do horde night every night on Permadeath Insane Nightmare 25% loot no nerd polling. Eventually maybe I'll give it a shot.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

The best way to get there attention is to provide a clear, polite and logical argument as to why you think something should be changed and if you can clearly demonstrate your case, all the better. But the devs will be very unlikely to look into issues brought to them in a toxic manor. I know some things can get frustrating, but you have to ask yourself will venting my frustrations on the forms in this way be the best way to get the devs to look into your issues?

I started with this before and in this recent dev diary and got 'oh this can't be done' 'this would be too detrimental to the game' and it is frustrating. Especially when here I am proving these things can be done and it is not that detrimental to the game. At this point it seems like I'm being ignored out of spite which has turned me toxic.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

Also depositing your frustrations on other users isn't going to help the situation either. There are many different types of players with many different types of playstyles. There is no wrong way to play the game as long as you're having fun and enjoying it that's all that matters. I think some things are cheesy/OP too. For example i don't like airdrops, i think they make no sense in an apocalypse. If you're a survivor and some how have access to a working aircraft, why would you throw your supplies out of the back so "maybe" another survivor can find it. It just wouldn't happen, plus the loot is too much in them imo. But i still kept them enabled on my a18 server even tho i never looted them, my base was surrounded with dozens of unclaimed airdrops that i just ignored, Why? because other players enjoy them, not everyone will like your personal preference and trying to force your style on others and put down anyone else that doesn't want to play on nightmare isn't going to make you any friends or earn you any respect. The people on this form are fellow survivors and if you just listen to what they say and discuss instead of judging their play style, you may find they can have interesting ideas and strategies that may even benefit yours. 

Its the fact that is a survival game, no other survival game would allow this. This game does have things some survival games don't have but I don't think that should give it a pass to allow exploits and cheesy tactics. IMO.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

I wouldn't take being passed up on being a tester personally.

I've mostly got over it. What stings the most is that alot of them are streaming on twitch now which I'm trying to build towards doing in perhaps the worse time in content creator history to try and do so. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, they totally do and they definitely have the people skills I lack as you can tell with the way I respond to others.

You sir have definitely put more effort into trying to get there then I did. 

2 hours ago, Naz said:

i want to show you how you can get the devs to take an issue seriously and how to make it more likely they will take action.

I believe alot of things I've suggested won't come to pass because of the 'vision' and the fact that this game has to be released, I'm pretty sure everything is content locked now trying to get the game out. Also just out of spite.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

The reason i'm saying all this, is if you continue with your current attitude you're just going to have a day where you step over the line and end up getting banned. No one wants to lose members of the community just because of frustration. You have lots of insight to to offer the community and the game on high level play. So i'd ask you think about my suggestions and how you can contribute positively. It would be better and less frustrating for you and better for everyone. So please don't take this as an attack on you i just want to share some food for thought with you, thats all. Cheers

Honestly I'm surprised MM hasn't band me already, hes got patient over the years, it wouldn't be the first time. I will try. 

STyK_

STyK_

2 hours ago, Naz said:

I recently started a nightmare/insane/25%loot/horde night every night game, i had heard MM talk about it before and a player on my a18 server suggested it but i just never got around to it until now. after 11 attempts i'm on day 15 so far so good XD.

I salute your effort to play the game on a more challenging difficulty! I don't know if I could do horde night every night on Permadeath Insane Nightmare 25% loot no nerd polling. Eventually maybe I'll give it a shot.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

The best way to get there attention is to provide a clear, polite and logical argument as to why you think something should be changed and if you can clearly demonstrate your case, all the better. But the devs will be very unlikely to look into issues brought to them in a toxic manor. I know some things can get frustrating, but you have to ask yourself will venting my frustrations on the forms in this way be the best way to get the devs to look into your issues?

I started with this before and in this recent dev diary and got 'oh this can't be done' 'this would be too detrimental to the game' and it is frustrating. Especially when here I am proving these things can be done and it is not that detrimental to the game. At this point it seems like I'm being ignored out of spite which has turned me toxic.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

Also depositing your frustrations on other users isn't going to help the situation either. There are many different types of players with many different types of playstyles. There is no wrong way to play the game as long as you're having fun and enjoying it that's all that matters. I think some things are cheesy/OP too. For example i don't like airdrops, i think they make no sense in an apocalypse. If you're a survivor and some how have access to a working aircraft, why would you throw your supplies out of the back so "maybe" another survivor can find it. It just wouldn't happen, plus the loot is too much in them imo. But i still kept them enabled on my a18 server even tho i never looted them, my base was surrounded with dozens of unclaimed airdrops that i just ignored, Why? because other players enjoy them, not everyone will like your personal preference and trying to force your style on others and put down anyone else that doesn't want to play on nightmare isn't going to make you any friends or earn you any respect. The people on this form are fellow survivors and if you just listen to what they say and discuss instead of judging their play style, you may find they can have interesting ideas and strategies that may even benefit yours. 

Its the fact that is a survival game, no other survival game would allow this. This game does have things some survival games don't have but I don't think that should give it a pass to allow exploits and cheesy tactics. IMO.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

I've mostly got over it. What stings the most is that alot of them are streaming on twitch now which I'm trying to build towards doing it in perhaps the worse time in content creator history to try and do so. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, they totally do and they definitely have the people skills I lack as you can tell with the way I respond to others.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

i want to show you how you can get the devs to take an issue seriously and how to make it more likely they will take action.

I believe alot of things I've suggested won't come to pass because of the 'vision' and the fact that this game has to be released, I'm pretty sure everything is content locked now trying to get the game out. Also just out of spite.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

The reason i'm saying all this, is if you continue with your current attitude you're just going to have a day where you step over the line and end up getting banned. No one wants to lose members of the community just because of frustration. You have lots of insight to to offer the community and the game on high level play. So i'd ask you think about my suggestions and how you can contribute positively. It would be better and less frustrating for you and better for everyone. So please don't take this as an attack on you i just want to share some food for thought with you, thats all. Cheers

Honestly I'm surprised MM hasn't band me already, hes got patient over the years, it wouldn't be the first time. I will try. 

STyK_

STyK_

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I salute your effort to play the game on a more challenging difficulty! I don't know if I could do horde night every night on Permadeath Insane Nightmare 25% loot. Eventually maybe I'll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

1 hour ago, Naz said:

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I've mostly got over it. What stings the most is that alot of them are streaming on twitch now which I'm trying to build towards doing it in perhaps the worse time in content creator history to try and do so. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, they totally do and they definitely have the people skills I lack as you can tell with the way I respond to others.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

1 hour ago, Naz said:

STyK_

STyK_

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I salute your effort to play the game on a more challenging difficulty! I don't know if I could do horde night every night on Permadeath. Eventually maybe I'll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

1 hour ago, Naz said:

1 hour ago, Naz said:

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I believe alot of things I've suggested won't come to pass because of the 'vision' and the fact that this game has to be released, I'm pretty sure everything is content locked now, trying to get the game out. Also just out of spite.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

Honestly I'm suprised MM hasn't band me already, hes got patient over the years, it wouldn't be the first time. I will try. 

STyK_

STyK_

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I salute your effort to play the game on a more challenging difficulty! I don't know if I could do horde night every night on Permadeath. Eventually maybe I'll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

1 hour ago, Naz said:

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I've mostly got over it. What stings the most is that alot of them are streaming on twitch now which I'm trying to build towards doing in perhaps the worse time in content creator history to try and do so. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, they totally do and they definitely have the people skills I lack as you can tell with the way I respond to others.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I believe alot of things I've suggested won't come to pass because of the 'vision' and the fact that this game has to be released, I'm pretty sure everything is content locked now, trying to get the game out. Also just out of spite.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

Honestly I'm suprised MM hasn't band me already, hes got patient over the years, it wouldn't be the first time. I will try.