Edit History

Khalagar

Khalagar

4 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I thought I heard somewhere that the Robotic Sledge was getting a nerf.

Wat, no pls no!! It's finally viable and makes an actually good end game melee weapon for Int build. It's not very good at all without perk investment, and even a single one isn't that great by itself. If I put 8 mods into 2 junk sledges, set them up so they can actually hit stuff, and have an entire magazine line + 10 points in int + 5 points in the turret perk, they SHOULD actually be as strong as they are now, as their current level is mostly just "These are useful in some niche situations and I find myself actually using them sometimes in a PoI" but they aren't that crazy outside of horde bases built solely around them.

For any kind of large horde, you still use Junk Turrets, and on horde night even if you build your entire base around junk sledges, they won't do anything you couldn't do 400 times better with pipe bombs, which are basically free to craft and have been blatantly OP since they were added. Every horde strategy I've seen including Madmole's is just "Stand on bars and throw molotovs and pipe bombs down at the horde"being the crux of your damage to the horde, regardless of build. There's no point in even investing in explosive perk, rock candy + their base damage out classes every other weapon type. 

Having new alternatives are a good thing imo

Khalagar

Khalagar

Wat, no pls no!! It's finally viable and makes an actually good end game melee weapon for Int build. It's not very good at all without perk investment, and even a single one isn't that great by itself. If I put 8 mods into 2 junk sledges, set them up so they can actually hit stuff, and have an entire magazine line + 10 points in int + 5 points in the turret perk, they SHOULD actually be as strong as they are now, as their current level is mostly just "These are useful in some niche situations and I find myself actually using them sometimes in a PoI" but they aren't that crazy outside of horde bases built solely around them.

For any kind of large horde, you still use Junk Turrets, and on horde night even if you build your entire base around junk sledges, they won't do anything you couldn't do 400 times better with pipe bombs, which are basically free to craft and have been blatantly OP since they were added. Every horde strategy I've seen including Madmole's is just "Stand on bars and throw molotovs and pipe bombs down at the horde" regardless of build. Having new alternatives are a good thing imo

Khalagar

Khalagar

For any kind of large horde, you still use Junk Turrets, and on horde night even if you build your entire base around junk sledges, they won't do anything you couldn't do 400 times better with pipe bombs, which are basically free to craft and have been blatantly OP since they were added. Every horde strategy I've seen including Madmoles is just "Stand on bars and throw molotovs and pipe bombs down at the horde" regardless of build. Having new alternatives are a good thing imo

Khalagar

Khalagar

3 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Wat, no pls no!! It's finally viable and makes an actually good end game melee weapon for Int build. It's not very good at all without perk investment, and even a single one isn't that great by itself. If I put 8 mods into 2 junk sledges, set them up so they can actually hit stuff, and have an entire magazine line + 10 points in int + 5 points in the turret perk, they SHOULD actually be as strong as they are now, as their current level is mostly just "These are useful in some situations and I find myself actually using them sometimes" but they aren't that crazy outside of horde bases built solely around them.

For any kind of large horde, you still use Junk Turrets, and on horde night even if you build your entire base around junk sledges, they won't do anything you couldn't do 400 times better with pipe bombs, which are basically free to craft and have been blatantly OP since they were added. Every horde strategy I've seen including Madmoles is just "Stand on bars and throw molotovs and pipe bombs down at the horde" regardless of build. Having new alternatives are a good thing imo