Edit History

29 minutes ago, madmole said:

That isn't an easy rebalance because I manually created the values and have a manual formula to decide the total calories when combined. So anything using a can that gives 25 would need rebalanced, and the cooked foods with cans are very OP already. THe easy thing to do is add some new can to the list and it has 25 calories, some kind of big can o slop thing. Like one of those gallon cans of baked beans.

But here we are, the first version of the game where food was ever an issue really. Should we ruin this in its infancy?

@madmole I do agree with one point that they said, and that being that some canned foods only reward the player with +5 food. Perhaps those canned food types could provide the player with some hydration (ex. can of sardines), or perhaps boosting them up to +10 hunger gain would be a viable alternative?

Also, the costs of some of the canned foods are a bit inconsistent. Canned pears and canned peas provide the same stats, but the last time I checked, the latter (or was it the former?) costs a third of the price compared to the other.

Another possible option would be to make the Shamway Secret Recipe a guaranteed drop from the Wall Manager's Safe in the Shamway Factory, if it isn't already. Perhaps a line of dialogue from Trader Rekt could hint at the existence of the recipe deep in said factory, and he could even provide the player with a mini side quest to retrieve it. Upon your return he takes a copy of the secret recipe while you get to keep and read the other half. Starving players, especially new ones, could find this mission pretty lucrative.

28 minutes ago, madmole said:

That isn't an easy rebalance because I manually created the values and have a manual formula to decide the total calories when combined. So anything using a can that gives 25 would need rebalanced, and the cooked foods with cans are very OP already. THe easy thing to do is add some new can to the list and it has 25 calories, some kind of big can o slop thing. Like one of those gallon cans of baked beans.

But here we are, the first version of the game where food was ever an issue really. Should we ruin this in its infancy?

@madmole I do agree with one point that they said, and that being that some canned foods only reward the player with +5 food. Perhaps those canned food types could provide the player with some hydration (ex. can of sardines), or perhaps boosting them up to +10 hunger gain would be a viable alternative?

Also, the costs of some of the canned foods are a bit inconsistent. Canned pears and canned peas provide the same stats, but the last time I checked, the latter (or was it the former?) costs a third of the price compared to the other.

Another possible option would be to make the Shamway Secret Recipe a guaranteed drop from the Wall Manager's Safe in the Shamway Factory, if it isn't already. Perhaps a line of dialogue from Trader Rekt could hint at the existence of the recipe deep in said factory, and he could even provide the player with a mini side quest to retrieve it, and he takes a copy of the secret recipe while you get to keep and read the other half. Starving players, especially new ones, could find this mission pretty lucrative.

21 minutes ago, madmole said:

Another possible option would be to make the Shamway Secret recipe a guaranteed drop from the Wall Manager's Safe in the Shamway Factory, if it isn't already. Perhaps a line of dialogue from Trader Rekt could hint at its existence, and he could even provide the player with a mini side quest to retrieve it, and he takes a copy of the secret recipe while you get to keep and read the other half. Starving players, especially new ones, could find this mission pretty lucrative.