Edit History

Khalagar

Khalagar

14 hours ago, Aldranon said:

It seems to work better on a flat open area from what I saw.

It seems to have one  block range based on that video, and only on the block directly in front of it. Which would explain why it struggles so hard to even hit anything, even in that video it was going nuts trying to deal with a single slow moving basic zombie even while the player was keeping the turret between themselves and the zombie.

It worked though at least! In all the real world uses it seems to get about 1-2 hits max before the zombies out of it's field of view, and if the zombie is running it doesn't even get that off. I think the issue is a mix of it's super short range + tracking + extremely low stagger

10 hours ago, meganoth said:

So we are talking about him having (very very roughly) 14+20=34 damage if he were using sledge plus wooden club. Which is supposed to be what an INTelligent player should be doing.

The range is so short on it that you can't really use it like that. It only hits the block directly in front of it, so if you are standing in that block directly in front of it, it can't even hit the enemies. You can try and stand to the side of it and kite a zombie into it's attack range but it's only viable against a lone zed that doesn't run. Overall turns into one of those "Why not just one shot the zombie with a stone sledge?" situations where you spend 45 seconds dancing around trying to make your turret actually do something and lose 80% of your health bar in the process, when you could have just attacked with a real melee weapon and dispatched the threat

8 hours ago, Aldranon said:

So, if you put a sledge turret on a flat, open area and use the turret like a block for cover. 

Then move around the turret as the zombie moves around it, will the zombie eventually jump on top of it, or will that be a new OP meta?

Edit: Also putting the sledge turret on the opposite side of a door and off to one side, will that be OP?  Just repair the door as the turret kills all zombies on the other side.

If you use it as cover the zombie will just path around it. They probably won't bother jumping on top of it, and if they did, it wouldn't be able to hit them judging by it's cone of fire. As for the door strategy, it does 14 damage. The stronger zombies have 250-500+ health. That means it would take 35 attacks for it to kill a single 500 hp Wight, which is at least 10-15 seconds of it firing nonstop judging by the attack speeds I've seen on it. You can maybe lower that with mods but you get the point

So against a horde of 5-15 zombies trying to get into your base, absolutely definitely not OP to put it outside your door lol. A single pipe bomb would do more damage to a cluster of enemies than the junk sledge could output in like 2 minutes of firing

My un-asked for advice on the Junk Sledge based on what little testing I've seen as most people aren't even willing to try it so I don't have any real hard numbers besides attack damage -

• Needs at least 180 degree cone of fire so it can hit the blocks in front of it, and a full 360 swivel would make it far more useful
  • Needs to scale off Int and the Junk skill, because ATM a level 1 player using one is the exact same as a max int max junk skill build using it
  • Needs more damage and attack speed and knockback etc. Which could directly come from perk investment so it starts off bad but eventually becomes an endgame viable melee weapon
  • Shouldn't count against turret limit. It has a single block range, even if you had two of them out front attacking while your main turrets provided long range support, and you fired on from the backline too or were out in front in melee  with a third Junk Sledge being held in hand, that's still directly competing against builds using a fully spec'd Auto Shotgun or M60 which will mow down an entire horde in seconds and not have to deal with janky mechanics like trying to bait the zeds into a certain spot so the turrets can even attack

Khalagar

Khalagar

It seems to have one  block range based on that video, and only on the block directly in front of it. Which would explain why it struggles so hard to even hit anything, even in that video it was going nuts trying to deal with a single slow moving basic zombie even while the player was keeping the turret between themselves and the zombie.

It worked though at least! In all the real world uses it seems to get about 1-2 hits max before the zombies out of it's field of view, and if the zombie is running it doesn't even get that off. I think the issue is a mix of it's super short range + tracking + extremely low stagger

So we are talking about him having (very very roughly) 14+20=34 damage if he were using sledge plus wooden club. Which is supposed to be what an INTelligent player should be doing.

The range is so short on it that you can't really use it like that. It only hits the block directly in front of it, so if you are standing in that block directly in front of it, it can't even hit the enemies. You can try and stand to the side of it and kite a zombie into it's attack range but it's only viable against a lone zed that doesn't run. Overall turns into one of those "Why not just one shot the zombie with a stone sledge?" situations where you spend 45 seconds dancing around trying to make your turret actually do something and lose 80% of your health bar in the process, when you could have just attacked with a real melee weapon and dispatched the threat

So, if you put a sledge turret on a flat, open area and use the turret like a block for cover. 

Then move around the turret as the zombie moves around it, will the zombie eventually jump on top of it, or will that be a new OP meta?

Edit: Also putting the sledge turret on the opposite side of a door and off to one side, will that be OP?  Just repair the door as the turret kills all zombies on the other side.

If you use it as cover the zombie will just path around it. They probably won't bother jumping on top of it, and if they did, it wouldn't be able to hit them judging by it's cone of fire. As for the door strategy, it does 14 damage. The stronger zombies have 250-500+ health. That means it would take 35 attacks for it to kill a single 500 hp Wight, which is at least 10-15 seconds of it firing nonstop judging by the attack speeds I've seen on it. You can maybe lower that with mods but you get the point

So against a horde of 5-15 zombies trying to get into your base, absolutely definitely not OP to put it outside your door lol. A single pipe bomb would do more damage to a cluster of enemies than the junk sledge could output in like 2 minutes of firing

My un-asked for advice on the Junk Sledge based on what little testing I've seen as most people aren't even willing to try it  -

• Needs at least 180 degree cone of fire so it can hit the blocks in front of it, and a full 360 swivel would make it far more useful
  • Needs to scale off Int and the Junk skill, because ATM a level 1 player using one is the exact same as a max int max junk skill build using it
  • Needs more damage and attack speed and knockback etc. Which could directly come from perk investment so it starts off bad but eventually becomes an endgame viable melee weapon
  • Shouldn't count against turret limit. It has a single block range, even if you had two of them out front attacking while your main turrets provided long range support, and you fired on from the backline too or were out in front in melee  with a third Junk Sledge being held in hand, that's still directly competing against builds using a fully spec'd Auto Shotgun or M60 which will mow down an entire horde in seconds and not have to deal with janky mechanics like trying to bait the zeds into a certain spot so the turrets can even attack

Khalagar

Khalagar

So against a horde of 5-15 zombies trying to get into your base, absolutely definitely not OP to put it outside your door lol. A single pipe bomb would do more damage than the junk sledge could output in like 2 minutes of firing

My un-asked for advice on the Junk Sledge based on what little testing I've seen as most people aren't even willing to try it  -

Khalagar

Khalagar

So against a horde of 5-15 zombies trying to get into your base, absolutely definitely not OP to put it outside your door lol

Khalagar

Khalagar

The range is so short on it that you can't really use it like that. It only hits the block directly in front of it, so if you are standing in that block it can't even hit it. You can try and stand to the side of it and kite a zombie into it's attack range but it's only viable against a lone zed that doesn't run. Overall turns into one of those "Why not just one shot the zombie with a stone sledge?" situations

So against a horde of 5-15 zombies trying to get into your base, absolutely definitely not OP to put it outside your door lol

Khalagar

Khalagar

The range is so short on it that you can't really use it like that. It only hits the block directly in front of it, so if you are standing in that block it can't even hit it. You can try and stand to the side of it and kite a zombie into it's attack range but it's only viable against a lone zed that doesn't run. Overall turns into one of those "Why not just one shot the zombie with a stone sledge?" situations

• Shouldn't count against turret limit. It has a single block range, even if you had two of them out front attacking while your main turrets provided long range support, and you fired on from the backline too or were out in front in melee  with a third Junk Sledge being held in hand, that's still directly competing against builds using a fully spec'd Auto Shotgun or M60 build which will mow down an entire horde in seconds

Khalagar

Khalagar

• Shouldn't count against turret limit. It has a single block range, even if you had two of them out front attacking while your main turrets provided long range support, and you fired on from the backline too or were out in front in melee  with a third Junk Sledge being held in hand, that's still directly competing against builds using a fully spec'd Auto Shotgun or M60 which will mow down an entire horde in seconds

Khalagar

Khalagar

• Shouldn't count against turret limit. It has a single block range, even if you had two of them out front attacking while your main turrets provided long range support, and you fired on from the backline too, that's still directly competing against builds using a fully spec'd Auto Shotgun or M60 which will mow down an entire horde in seconds

Khalagar

Khalagar

Khalagar

Khalagar

13 hours ago, Aldranon said: