Edit History

beHypE

beHypE

On 6/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, madmole said:

They [traders] spawn in cities now, so its easier to ensure 1 per biome.

This is an interesting change. I might read a bit too much into it but is it simply for convenience regarding technical issues, or is this part of a bigger plan of moving the mid game towards cities ? I'm really hyped, as many are, for the new and slower early game; but while I haven't yet played A19 I can only assume the most optimal way to play will still be to set up shop between a trader and the closest big city. As such, this seems to be a pretty substantial life changer early game and I wonder if you have plans to make cities more dangerous to compensate.

Also, pretty happy about the way food/water works now, I remember we had a discussion about that in A18 and i'm glad this is becoming way more... "logical", especially for newer players.

beHypE

beHypE

This is an interesting change. I might read a bit too much into it but is it simply for convenience regarding technical issues, or is this part of a bigger plan of moving the mid game towards cities ? I'm really hyped, as many are, for the new and slower early game; but while I haven't yet played A19 I can only assume the most optimal way to play will still be to set up shop between a trader and the closest big city. As such, this seems to be a pretty substantial life changer early game and I wonder if you have plans to make cities more dangerous to compensate.

beHypE

beHypE

This is an interesting change. I might read a bit too much into it but is it simply for convenience regarding technical issues, or is this part of a bigger plan of moving the mid-end game towards cities ? I'm really hyped, as many are, for the new and slower early game; but while I haven't yet played A19 I can only assume the most optimal way to play will still be to set up shop between a trader and the closest big city. As such, this seems to be a pretty substantial life changer early game and I wonder if you have plans to make cities more dangerous to compensate.