Edit History

1 minute ago, FileMachete said:

Haven't seen that, was probably pretty funny, heh. :)

Mulling over Augers a bit more realized that part of it is that they're pretty much always 'better' than even a purple steel pickaxe.

Might be more interesting gameplay wise if augers weren't so rare, but also that steel picks could be competitive.

Unless you luck into the schematic early on, then your first auger (blue) is likely the only one you'll ever need. Purples are basically unicorns right?

Not saying nerf augers, but maybe pump up steel picks a bit, or mods, enough that the trade off is like half burning Food vs Gas & the other main trade off is the heat map generation due to auger use. Again, a bit of non-critical complexity that vets might enjoy & newer players don't need to be bothered by.

(obviously saying this in a vacume; a19 changes, a20/gold plans, legendarys etc :) )

{hope we get a launch & everything goes well today! -1- minute!!}

Yeah, I ended up crafting a level 5 auger on day 16 on my current world and I haven't looked back since. 6 stacks of stone per night with a level 5 steel pickaxe vs 20 stacks of stone per night with a level 5 auger? Obvious winner here. 😛

Just now, FileMachete said:

Haven't seen that, was probably pretty funny, heh. :)

Mulling over Augers a bit more realized that part of it is that they're pretty much always 'better' than even a purple steel pickaxe.

Might be more interesting gameplay wise if augers weren't so rare, but also that steel picks could be competitive.

Unless you luck into the schematic early on, then your first auger (blue) is likely the only one you'll ever need. Purples are basically unicorns right?

Not saying nerf augers, but maybe pump up steel picks a bit, or mods, enough that the trade off is like half burning Food vs Gas & the other main trade off is the heat map generation due to auger use. Again, a bit of non-critical complexity that vets might enjoy & newer players don't need to be bothered by.

(obviously saying this in a vacume; a19 changes, a20/gold plans, legendarys etc :) )

{hope we get a launch & everything goes well today! -1- minute!!}

Yeah, I ended up crafting a level 5 auger on day 16 and I haven't looked back since. 6 stacks of stone per night with a level 5 steel pickaxe vs 20 stacks of stone per night with a level 5 auger? Obvious winner here. 😛