Edit History

meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, Ranzera said:

Continuing that line of logic, it should probably be the easier biomes with the ferals anyway. It makes more sense fresh zeds would be the runners and you'll be seeing the fresh zeds where there's people dying (IE the bandits).

Things that aren't destroyed are going to at least be damaged and therefore of lower quality. I'd expect to see Faulty quality items where everything got destroyed. That is if I saw any loot at all.

Sure a lot is destroyed because of the fire, that is why you won't find as much loot boxes in a destroyed building as in a complete one. But the cellar or safes in less burned down parts of the building will be unharmed. And while 80% of the good stuff was already found in forest buildings (and you have to be lucky to find the good loot under well-hidden floor tiles), it will be relatively easy to find in the wasteland, just go down to the cellar and voila. 

What really can't be well explained, neither in your nor TFP's scenario is the fact that valuable loot is found in big boxes all over the place (instead of hidden in false floors or behind walls) and refilled after some time. But once you accept that as neccessary simplification, then both scenarios can be explained by the circumstances

PS: I'm talking about A18/A19 here, without Bandits in the picture

meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, Ranzera said:

Continuing that line of logic, it should probably be the easier biomes with the ferals anyway. It makes more sense fresh zeds would be the runners and you'll be seeing the fresh zeds where there's people dying (IE the bandits).

Things that aren't destroyed are going to at least be damaged and therefore of lower quality. I'd expect to see Faulty quality items where everything got destroyed. That is if I saw any loot at all.

Sure a lot is destroyed because of the fire, that is why you won't find as much loot boxes in a destroyed building as in a complete one. But the cellar or safes in less burned down parts of the building will be unharmed. And while 80% of the good stuff was already found in forest buildings (and you have to be lucky to find the good loot under well-hidden floor tiles), it will be relatively easy to find in the wasteland, just go down to the cellar and voila. 

What really can't be well explained, neither in your nor TFP's scenario is the fact that valuable loot is found in big boxes all over the place (instead of hidden in false floors or behind walls) and refilled after some time. But once you accept that as neccessary simplification, then both scenarios can be explained by the circumstances