Hey there, stoked about A19. Some questions, not all are directly linked with A19 however :
- is the new lighting going to fix the weird "lightning distance", and the lightning performance ? We have a base that is fully lit up with those industrial bulbs (about 20 of them I'd say) and performance tanks a bit when those are all on. Besides, we have a garage maybe 30 blocks away and it's "too far" to render the lightning there, so you see the light sources veryyyyy dimmed, and the lights progressively get brighter as you get closer.
- any news regarding performance gains ? I'm still having some stuttering / freezes on a dedi, it's pretty random and inconsistent, but when it starts getting messed up it's really annoying and nothing short of a restart of the game really helps.
- I've come across this post : https://www.reddit.com/r/7daystodie/comments/g0n8gm/huge_performance_increase_in_7_days_to_die_unity/
and I just wanted to make sure it got the visibility it deserved. Haven't tested anything of it myself (yet), but I reckon faatal stated he never checks the reddit and this seemed like a very interesting read.
EDIT: Oh yeah regarding the lackluster quests. Would it be possible to make the "fetch" quests a bit more... organic ? Basically instead of having to find the same old satchel in a perfectly pinpointed location, would it be possible for the trader to make his demand more believable ? Some ideas to get my point across :
- "Hey there survivor, I forgot my beloved flask in my house, it's in the fridge, could you get it for me ?"
- "What's up dawg, I didn't take my wrench with me when I moved here, it should be in my garage, mind looking for it ?"
I reckon you could "scan" POI's blocks and spawn adequate items in adequate containers. Would make the whole a lot more believable AND be way better for gameplay. I'd love having to find the kitchen in a house, or the bedroom, instead of following my compass until i'm 0.6m away from the marker.