Edit History

khzmusik

khzmusik

1 hour ago, madmole said:

I just role played another survivor snatched it up and I'm just crafting new tools and what I can, and I'm just going to start looting again and see what I can find and rebuild my lost stuff. So it would have been like delete all on my backpack option. Its actually kind of fun replacing my lost stuff and getting a random new challenge thrown at me. More fun than dead is dead in my opinion, rebuilding stronger/better is more fun than just quitting.

I'm a big fan of doing this myself (it's why I usually play with the "delete all" option). My own "role play" is that the character permanently died, but you're starting a new character, as if that new character had always existed in this same game world (so, same level, etc).

I've been asking around if anyone has a proper name for this play style, since it is quite different than "permadeath." Nobody seems to know of one. Do you have any idea?

EDIT: I've been calling it "dead is mostly dead" (a Princess Bride reference) but someone, somewhere, has to have already put a name to it.

khzmusik

khzmusik

55 minutes ago, madmole said:

I just role played another survivor snatched it up and I'm just crafting new tools and what I can, and I'm just going to start looting again and see what I can find and rebuild my lost stuff. So it would have been like delete all on my backpack option. Its actually kind of fun replacing my lost stuff and getting a random new challenge thrown at me. More fun than dead is dead in my opinion, rebuilding stronger/better is more fun than just quitting.

I'm a big fan of doing this myself (it's why I usually play with the "delete all" option). My own "role play" is that the character permanently died, but you're starting a new character, as if that new character had always existed in this same game world (so, same level, etc).

I've been asking around if anyone has a proper name for this play style, since it is quite different than "permadeath." Nobody seems to know of one. Do you have any idea?