Edit History

13 minutes ago, madmole said:

I haven't put a ton of effort into it this build, with the loot progression changes and a STR character I'm having a blast looting, and when you don't opt into INT you have to find a lot more schematics and to me this is just the way to play the game. I get people like to craft but to me INT is too easy, but that is a personal preference, not a design flaw.

My backpack must have fell through the world it was nowhere to be found. Instead of cheating in my lost gear, I just role played another survivor snatched it up and I'm just crafting new tools and what I can, and I'm just going to start looting again and see what I can find and rebuild my lost stuff. So it would have been like delete all on my backpack option. Its actually kind of fun replacing my lost stuff and getting a random new challenge thrown at me. More fun than dead is dead in my opinion, rebuilding stronger/better is more fun than just quitting.

I somewhat agree with you there, yeah. It's a similar reason why I don't ever perk into Master Chef or Lucky Looter - I don't like to artificially skip progression. Regarding INT, I typically go into Advanced Engineering 1/5 since I'd rather not go without a forge for gosh knows how long, but other than that I leave it up to RNG-esus.

Likewise. I'm saving all of my build plans for when A19 hits; all I'm investing in is a 4 9x9 tower set-up with walls connecting the four of them, forming what can only be described as a classic child's interpretation of a castle. Nothing too special.

That's been a reoccurring bug, yes; the same can happen with spears too, unfortunately. I have only died in a couple worlds in A18 so far, but I've lost countless spears, and unless they're of the stone variant, I have no issues spawning them back in.

I completely agree. That's one reason I have never been into the whole permadeath shtick.

Simply curious here, how have your spent your points in this build.

2 minutes ago, madmole said:

I haven't put a ton of effort into it this build, with the loot progression changes and a STR character I'm having a blast looting, and when you don't opt into INT you have to find a lot more schematics and to me this is just the way to play the game. I get people like to craft but to me INT is too easy, but that is a personal preference, not a design flaw.

My backpack must have fell through the world it was nowhere to be found. Instead of cheating in my lost gear, I just role played another survivor snatched it up and I'm just crafting new tools and what I can, and I'm just going to start looting again and see what I can find and rebuild my lost stuff. So it would have been like delete all on my backpack option. Its actually kind of fun replacing my lost stuff and getting a random new challenge thrown at me. More fun than dead is dead in my opinion, rebuilding stronger/better is more fun than just quitting.

I somewhat agree with you there, yeah. It's a similar reason why I don't ever perk into Master Chef or Lucky Looter - I don't like to artificially skip progression. Regarding INT, I typically go into Advanced Engineering 1/5 since I'd rather not go without a forge for gosh knows how long, but other than that I leave it up to RNG-esus.

Likewise. I'm saving all of my build plans for when A19 hits; all I'm investing in is a 4 9x9 tower set-up with walls connecting the four of them, forming what can only be described as a child's drawing of a castle. Nothing too special.

That's been a reoccurring bug, yes; the same can happen with spears too, unfortunately. I have only died in a couple worlds in A18 so far, but I've lost countless spears, and unless they're of the stone variant, I have no issues spawning them back in.

I completely agree. That's one reason I have never been into the whole permadeath shtick.

Simply curious here, how have your spent your points in this build.