Junk turret poll

Synvastian

Junk turret poll  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Junk turret poll

• 1) Junk Turrets are out of place and should be removed
    • 2) Junk Turrets are out of place but should remain
    • 3) Junk Turrets fit right in but should be removed
    • 4) Junk Turrets fit right in and should remain.

Show me any weapon that has the power to magically miss you/shoot right thru you when you stand right in front of it and yet still hit it's target and I'll tell you the same thing. It's OP and needs to be changed or removed. Same goes for needing no power source, either in construction or in use. At least make it use a battery to construct if not hooked up to run also.

It's OP and needs to be changed or removed. Same goes for needing no power source, either in construction or in use. At least make it use a battery to construct if not hooked up to run also.

OP against who, the zombies? Because if you turn up the difficulty they no longer seem so "OP". Crank up that difficulty and share a video with us showing how OP they are. If you mean OP for the one or two PVP servers that exist, it has been stated many times that the primary focus of this game is not a pvp. Yes, there is a small pvp community but instead of changing the game for everyone (removing items) you can simply mod the game to your liking.

... Running an Int build, 2 JT would fire up to 485 rounds per minute, 7275 over a horde night, 36000 iron in a horde night. ...

"Junk turret" are fun and are a great help especially in solo playing. However, several "junk turrets" should not be active at the same time. The OP comes mainly through it I think.

... The common complaint of JT being to powerful is from players on easy difficulty levels. =)

A turret sure murders a single walking zombie, maybe two. Now try that on 4 charging military zombies on even Warrior diff.

I think so too, but players should also reach their limits in higher levels of difficulty. To put everything on "junk turret" should not be the way. "Junk turret" should be a good help, but not the main strategy that puts everything into the background.

Increasing the price of ammunition (more iron per shot) only brings more grind.

(Unfortunately, I can only speak very little English. I have used translation program German – English.)

The original design asked for them firing scrap iron directly. I quickly put in an ammo item so I could scale the cost at all. =)

I disagree with that guy. I think they suck up too much iron to use. The ammo cost should be reduced a bit.

I like the idea of the turret, especially early on, but I agree it seems odd they're infinitely powered by some mystical source. I feel the same about the cement mixer. You could mix cement in a container, wheelbarrow, or even mix by hand in the beginning, then once you have power, the cement mixer would make sense.

Really though, it's a game, and as long as it's fun, I don't care too much about realism. There are plenty of other oddities, like where does the glass jar go when I boil meat?

The problem isn't if they fit or not, it's that they're too OP and should be nerfed. They're extremely common in loot, which doesn't make much sense to me (why would there be so damn many junk turrets lying around in common houses??), and they make combat too easy to handle due to the knockback effect and damage support it produces on zombies.

OP against who, the zombies? Because if you turn up the difficulty they no longer seem so "OP". Crank up that difficulty and share a video with us showing how OP they are. If you mean OP for the one or two PVP servers that exist, it has been stated many times that the primary focus of this game is not a pvp. Yes, there is a small pvp community but instead of changing the game for everyone (removing items) you can simply mod the game to your liking.

I notice you edit out the part of my comment that answers your question. Go back and read it again, see if it sinks in this time. I have videos up. You'll never see one of me using them tho because I never have, never will. For the reasons stated in my OP.

"Junk turret" are fun and are a great help especially in solo playing. However, several "junk turrets" should not be active at the same time. The OP comes mainly through it I think.

I think so too, but players should also reach their limits in higher levels of difficulty. To put everything on "junk turret" should not be the way. "Junk turret" should be a good help, but not the main strategy that puts everything into the background.

Increasing the price of ammunition (more iron per shot) only brings more grind.

(Unfortunately, I can only speak very little English. I have used translation program German – English.)

And why not? It requires 10 INT and lvl 5 Turret Syn. to have 2 turrets active at once which is a huge investment. It should be a big part of an INT players strategy if they invest that deep.

They tore through horde night 7 and it was a slaughter, my side winning and I barley used my pistol to finish off the rest, even though the turrets really did not cut down much because they were placed too high up.

I would like to see the ammo being made at the forge, like tennis ball sized rounded raw metal being smelted and cooled into shape, the source of power could just be a battery you can find in a car or bought at the trader and could drain power faster based on the quality of the battery.

I would like to see the ammo being made at the forge, like tennis ball sized rounded raw metal being smelted and cooled into shape, the source of power could just be a battery you can find in a car or bought at the trader and could drain power faster based on the quality of the battery.

Wouldn't mind a battery... but the ammo at the forge, no. It's called a junk turret because it uses scrap... or in other words, junk.

I enjoy em - they're fun, but I feel like I'm cheating when I use em. Like others have said - they should require a battery and shouldn't be so numerous in loot. I've looted maybe 10 already and 2 of them are pink ones. You take those into a POI, and you can eat a sammich while it does the work for you. Maybe they shouldn't be mobile?

I notice you edit out the part of my comment that answers your question. Go back and read it again, see if it sinks in this time. I have videos up. You'll never see one of me using them tho because I never have, never will. For the reasons stated in my OP.

I didn't edit out anything, I responded to the part I found to be relevant. If the projectiles hit the player things go from fun to not worth it and annoying real quick. I don't really use guns and think they are OP, let's remove those from the game as I have no use for them. You see the problem in that statement? You want something removed that YOU DON'T USE, in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. If you don't like them on your PVP server all it takes is one small edit and that doesn't take as long as posting on this forum complaining about it. I complained about things before that "sunk in" for me too and enjoy the game a lot more with that newly acquired knowledge.

Some people are talking about this as if this were some MMO, it's not. You can turn up the difficulty and since you've NEVER USED THEM, take some advice from someone who uses them a lot and loves them. At higher game settings you are going to need a lot more to survive than those turrets unless you cheese the AI. They are not "OP", stop trying to have the stuff you don't use removed for no apparent reason what so ever. Everyone has their own way of playing, not everyone plays like you and since nobody is playing AGAINST you with these items I see zero reason for you to be complaining about how others play their single player game.

How do these turrets bother you?

In what setting are they OP? PVP, coop or single player?

Edit: For those suggesting a battery be required, I could live with that but then we need better ways to charge batteries because in the current build you aren't recharging any batteries until mid-late game.

I didn't edit out anything, I responded to the part I found to be relevant. If the projectiles hit the player things go from fun to not worth it and annoying real quick. I don't really use guns and think they are OP, let's remove those from the game as I have no use for them. You see the problem in that statement? You want something removed that YOU DON'T USE, in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. If you don't like them on your PVP server all it takes is one small edit and that doesn't take as long as posting on this forum complaining about it. I complained about things before that "sunk in" for me too and enjoy the game a lot more with that newly acquired knowledge.

Some people are talking about this as if this were some MMO, it's not. You can turn up the difficulty and since you've NEVER USED THEM, take some advice from someone who uses them a lot and loves them. At higher game settings you are going to need a lot more to survive than those turrets unless you cheese the AI. They are not "OP", stop trying to have the stuff you don't use removed for no apparent reason what so ever. Everyone has their own way of playing, not everyone plays like you and since nobody is playing AGAINST you with these items I see zero reason for you to be complaining about how others play their single player game.

How do these turrets bother you?

In what setting are they OP? PVP, coop or single player?

The game is balanced for default settings, so saying that you have to turn up the difficulty to make them not OP isn't really a good argument.

That said, I personally don't find them too over powered... but I do think they should hit the player if you walk in front of them while they're shooting.

The game is balanced for default settings, so saying that you have to turn up the difficulty to make them not OP isn't really a good argument.

That said, I personally don't find them too over powered... but I do think they should hit the player if you walk in front of them while they're shooting.

The game is balanced for default settings yes but you have to be able to survive the hardest settings too. In a single player game where all you have to do is open up the console and grab any item you want some kind of discipline is required to not deprive yourself to the experience. Use that same discipline and simply don't use the turret if you don't like it, that's my point. Settings have a purpose, they are designed to give you options. Not so that you can pick your favorite setting and push to have the whole game designed around that preference.

The game is balanced for default settings yes but you have to be able to survive the hardest settings too. In a single player game where all you have to do is open up the console and grab any item you want some kind of discipline is required to not deprive yourself to the experience. Use that same discipline and simply don't use the turret if you don't like it, that's my point. Settings have a purpose, they are designed to give you options. Not so that you can pick your favorite setting and push to have the whole game designed around that preference.

I would agree with you if this were a finished game. But since it's still in alpha they really do need to make sure things are balanced. So people should be calling out things they think are not balanced well.

I think it should depend on the setting of friendly fire. In the multiplayer settings you can set whether the other players in your group can hit you or not.

I would agree with you if this were a finished game. But since it's still in alpha they really do need to make sure things are balanced. So people should be calling out things they think are not balanced well.

I completely agree, we are all here to give feedback but then let's keep it honest and try to see past our personal preferences to get the best result. The guy admitted he doesn't even use them and I'm pretty certain he hasn't used them on higher settings/game stage because I have and they are in no way OP. They annoy the zombies and stumble a few if you are lucky at best just like Gazz mentioned, try it out.

Edit: My honest take on them is that the drop rate should be reduced a bit. Not everyone should have one on day one but it can't be too hard to get either because the people who want to spec into them should get one before day 7 or so or what's the point.

The common complaint of JT being to powerful is from players on easy difficulty levels. =)

A turret sure murders a single walking zombie, maybe two. Now try that on 4 charging military zombies on even Warrior diff.

oh, you mean the DEFAULT difficulty level? Boy, how odd that we're basing our feedback on that, huh?

I completely agree, we are all here to give feedback but then let's keep it honest and try to see past our personal preferences to get the best result. The guy admitted he doesn't even use them and I'm pretty certain he hasn't used them on higher settings/game stage because I have and they are in no way OP. They annoy the zombies and stumble a few if you are lucky at best just like Gazz mentioned, try it out.

Edit: My honest take on them is that the drop rate should be reduced a bit. Not everyone should have one on day one but it can't be too hard to get either because the people who want to spec into them should get one before day 7 or so or what's the point.

Not sure the drop rate is all that bad or good. RnG is RnG. I have 5 of them now but one was crafted from parts bought or found. Day 43, 60 minute days in my current playthrough. Default loot drop.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, you mean the DEFAULT difficulty level? Boy, how odd that we're basing our feedback on that, huh?

Keep in mind the game is balanced around nomad difficult....

Not sure the drop rate is all that bad or good. RnG is RnG. I have 5 of them now but one was crafted from parts bought or found. Day 43, 60 minute days in my current playthrough. Default loot drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind the game is balanced around nomad difficult....

Yeah good point about the RnG, I haven't started enough games to say the drop rate is too high, just watching others play kind of gave me that impression. I watched a few of your videos too, I like the setup and all the traps you had going. If I remember correctly you used the turrets as anti-air mainly and even then you had a few tight moments where you had to react or keep them loaded at least. If they would hit the player you'd be getting nailed by them non stop. On that issue I'd agree with the comment above by Ripclaw and tie that in with the friendly fire setting.

Archived