Couple of trends I've noticed...

Gideon

At least in my own games, as well as what I see in online videos.

1 - Reinforced concrete. Are there other building materials? Seems that they don't really exist. It's reinforced concrete all the way. Oh, and iron bars. Not sure what the point to ANY other building material is. People even manage to have plenty of it for the first 7 day horde.

2 - Shoes. What are these? Does anyone use them? Get foot armor, and you never wear anything other than armor ever again. Unless anyone knows something I don't. This applies to hats as well.

2 - Shoes. What are these? Does anyone use them? Get foot armor, and you never wear anything other than armor ever again. Unless anyone knows something I don't. This applies to hats as well.

Due to stamina drain, I generally only wear armor for POIs and horde night. The rest of the time, running shoes are a great option.

Shoes.. some of the boots have an armor rating And temp resistance. (akin to padded armor + a temp mod). Pretty ok. I run in padded a lot since I don't want to deal with the mobility loss, 0% damage taken is better than 50% or even 10%.. :)

High Quality running shoes for the playthroughs where I don't have a vehicle yet and I'm trying to keep up with a cycling friend.. although, those are rarer than bicycles. :)

I have a full set of military gear (modded with customized fittings), but like to use the performance running shoes instead of the military boots. Coupled with the letterman jacket and 5 in cardio, I am quite fast and stamina efficient. I haven't played around with the stealth military boots. Does anyone know if it's worth wearing?

Military stealth boots; I think it was no mobility penalty and no additional noise? Usually completely insignificant as such, but a straight up upgrade to military boots. If you've chosen to wear light, they're the best, essentially, and won't change any of the reasons you chose heavy instead.

At least in my own games, as well as what I see in online videos.

1 - Reinforced concrete. Are there other building materials? Seems that they don't really exist. It's reinforced concrete all the way. Oh, and iron bars. Not sure what the point to ANY other building material is. People even manage to have plenty of it for the first 7 day horde.

1 - For me it depends on what I'm building. If it has the possibility of taking damage from zombies it will either be Reinforced Concrete or Steel. If there is not chance of that then it will just be made of wood.

2- High Performance Running Shoes are nice for an extra 10% running speed. Baseball hats are nice if you have the magazine that lets you take 10% less damage while wearing a Baseball cap and a Letter Jacket. For my baseball bat build I go with the HP Running Shoes, Denim Pants, a white T-Shirt, Letter Jacket, and Baseball cap. It's not as optimal as wearing a full set of armor but sometimes liking the way you look is more important than playing optimally.

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding the Military Stealth Boots, they are not in the trader or loot tables, can only be crafted and crafting is artificially capped at quality 5.

It is thus impossible to get Military Stealth Boots at Quality 6. I personally think they should get the HP shoe perk to make them a little better.

1 - Reinforced concrete. Are there other building materials? Seems that they don't really exist. It's reinforced concrete all the way. Oh, and iron bars. Not sure what the point to ANY other building material is.

Re-enforced concrete upgrades to Steel. The point of that is that once you get to a high enough gamestage that Demolishers appear, you will need to devise a way to handle their explosions or ensure you kill them without them exploding. One explosion from them will destroy every re-enforced concrete block and all Iron Bars within 3 spaces of every side of the bang. Steel however can take 3 explosions from them.

I use Flagstone whenever possible - I miss Cobblestone frames. It's not necessarily "better," but I like the look of it and it's pretty decent as a quick production for durable buildings. You just need a mine and a clay pit, which you're going to have anyway in order to feed your forge a nutritious diet. :)

Shoes? I always use them. Haven't found armored boots worth the penalties, and I am a big fan of avoiding heat and cold.

Archived