Stamples Modlets

stample

Updated for A19 experimental.

StamplesDefenseQuests 

This adds 5 Defend quests (one of each tier) that send you to a random T1 or T2 POI, where you defend White River assets against 3-4 waves of zombies, and dispatch a leader zombie at the end.

T1 all normal zombies at a T1 POI

T2 all normal zombies, with a few of the harder (fat, military) ones, at a T1 POI

T3 mix of normal and feral at a T2 POI, a few special zombies (cop, spiders, bikers, etc.) will show up occasionally

T4 mostly feral at a T2 POI, special ferals will show up near the end

T5 mix of feral and glowies at a T2 POI, radioactive ferals and demolishers can show up near the end.

The quest will reset the POI at the beginning, which means local inhabitants may join the fight, and you cannot build fortifications ahead of time.

Dispatching the leader zombie advances both the Trader-given quest, and the sub-quest that send you to the POI, and both can be turned in at the trader upon return.

It is possible to just craft the radio receivers and do the waves at a POI without visiting the trader, but that's where the majority of the rewards come from.

Dr. Prepper**

Fallout had its Nukacola, now 7D2D has Dr. Prepper! Make it there faster, and bring a bigger load with Dr. Prepper!

Designed to help in early game stages, Dr. Prepper boosts your runspeed by 10% and carry capacity by 3 slots. It also provides the standard Hydrated buff, and a modest 10 hydration. Lasts for hours* or maybe just 6 minutes.

*Hours claim is based on a "day" being 60 minutes, and customer's ability to chug an entire 6-pack at once. Actual availability of Dr. Prepper, and length of a day in your reality will vary.

Dr. Prepper is added to all Beverage loot with the same frequency as Beer, and may show up Traders and Vending Machines in quantities of 1-5.

** Custom icon available for local play, but commented for MP server friendliness

Frobscottle, the fizzy green drink that bubbles downward!

Pulled straight out of Roald Dahl's "The BFG", Frobscottle will allow the drinker to propel themselves to fantastic heights by means of 'whizzpoppers' for 1 minute.

Adds 4.2 to jump height (about 11 blocks), breakleg protection on jump (not continuous, don't drop off a ledge), and fun sounds to go along.

Craftable in a Chem Station using 1 pumpkin, 2 aloe leaves, 5 nitrate, and 1 murky water

Emperor Dye *Renamed from Clear Dye

Turns clear/invisible whatever piece of clothing or armor it is installed in. Let's you show off your favorite coveralls or ZU t-shirt without that pesky heavy armor getting in the way.

This does NOT turn the wearer invisible, merely the piece of clothing, revealing whatever you would look like if you weren't wearing it.

The dye must be made using a recipe that requires Blue, Red, and Green dyes. It will not show up on random loot.

Mutations

Adds 5 new mutation perks in a Mutation perk line, and provides some cash sink for late-game.  See post below.

Naked Gator

Turn those Megacrush into a longer duration runspeed buff, and chance to cause minor bleeds on melee hits.  See post below.

** Custom icon available for local play, but commented for MP server friendliness

NakeGator_small.jpg.83ca49cb80f9e80d47b7aa1bb6f50b26.jpg

Ghillie Suit as Mods

Turns the Ghillie Suit into a cosmetic mod, similar to the Cowboy/Ballcap mods.

This set doesn't seem to be utilized because of the huge amount of hypo/hyperthermal resist that you have to give up in Jacket/Pant slots and Armor loss for the headpiece. By the time you find all the Sniper books, you're too far in gamestage to give that up. Now, you can install it as a mod, and rock that yeti look.

This mod adds a "jacket" tag to all existing jackets, but won't work with modded jackets unless they extend existing ones.

Github link: https://github.com/stamplesmods/7d2dmodlets

Zips: https://github.com/stamplesmods/7d2dmodlets/archive/master.zip

Modlets.thumb.jpg.d22ea87f6334c0da14dd87919bc9aa0d.jpg

Edited by stample
added Defense Quests (see edit history)

Mutations, phase 1

Mutations mod adds a new perk line of mutations, which add end-game capstone abilities for those survivors who max out an attribute, as well as a money sink for those players who have too many dukes and not enough needs to fulfill with them.

One mutation exists for each attribute, and requires rank 10 in that attribute, as well as a two quest chains to get all the parts needed to create the granting item.

But beware, each mutation you add makes you little less human, and causes other NPCs to be a little less happy to give you a fair deal when trading with you.

A new Tier 5 quest chain starter will be available when you attain Tier 5 quests, and the Traders' Secret Stashes may contain Bounties for hunting down mutated wildlife.

Naked Gator

Don't crush your enemies, shred them instead!

NakeGator.thumb.jpg.3c46237a3151bd4fd3ce7783a2f01708.jpg

In a Campfire with a Cooking Pot:

1 Mega Crush

1 Beer

1 Crushed Glass

3 Plant Fibers

Yields 1 Naked Gator

Grants:

10 water

20% runspeed

15% efficient digestion

50% chance to cause a small bleed with melee hits (1/sec, same as barbed wire)

Lasts 20 minutes

Also found in Beverage loot, with the same frequency as Beer. (coolers, traders, vending machines, etc.)

https://github.com/stamplesmods/7d2dmodlets/tree/master/NakedGator

Edited by stample
Changes to mod (see edit history)

On 8/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, stample said:

Mutations, phase 1

Mutations mod adds a new perk line of mutations, which add end-game capstone abilities for those survivors who max out an attribute, as well as a money sink for those players who have too many dukes and not enough needs to fulfill with them.

One mutation exists for each attribute, and requires rank 10 in that attribute, as well as a two quest chains to get all the parts needed to create the granting item.

But beware, each mutation you add makes you little less human, and causes other NPCs to be a little less happy to give you a fair deal when trading with you.

A new Tier 5 quest chain starter will be available when you attain Tier 5 quests, and the Traders' Secret Stashes may contain Bounties for hunting down mutated wildlife.

Hi! Im testing this awesome mod and I was wondering what do I have to do to trigger the pyrokinesis mutation. Would you be so kind to explain, please? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 4:38 PM, Fraudo said:

Hi! Im testing this awesome mod and I was wondering what do I have to do to trigger the pyrokinesis mutation. Would you be so kind to explain, please? 

Just realized my replies were private, so I'll post here, too.  There is an item called a Pyrofocus, the recipe for which should be unlocked when you acquire the Int mutation.  For someone with the perk, use this like a melee weapon.  For anyone else, its just a rock.

Mutations v2.1 release

Just uploaded Mutations v2.1.  This adds a line of custom mutant creatures to go along with the Bounty quests.  One caveat, the bounties are not shareable, and the spawns in the final quest of each line are the only way to access those mutants.  This means if you fail to get the kill, either through despawn or another player getting the kill credit, you'll have to cancel the quest and start over.  Make sure you're prepared for Grace-level boss fights before triggering the 3rd stage.

Due to quest-line changes, this version is NOT backwards compatible with previous deployments.  If anyone on the server has any of the quests active when you update the mod, it will corrupt their player file and restart them at level 1.

Special thanks to @Snufkin, who's custom zombies inspired me to go back and create custom animals, and @DerPopo for his work on UABE, without which this wouldn't have been possible.

Edited by stample (see edit history)

On 8/28/2020 at 5:37 PM, CrystalPrelude said:

Will Mutations work with like Darkness Falls or Sorcery?

I really have no idea.  I've never used Sorcery.  Darkness Falls has such a massive rework of perks, I couldn't say without testing it.  I don't know any reason that it definitely wouldn't though.

• 3 weeks later...

Publishing a few changes today.

Frobscottle, Dr. Prepper, and Naked Gator had some weirdness in the xpath append statements of ui_display.xml that made them not very friendly with other mods coming behind them.  Resolved that.  If you got errors for duplicate entries with other mods, and that didn't seem to make sense, it should no longer happen.

Naked Gator has also had 2 additional changes.  It was intended to be an early-game booster, but requiring a Chem Station was a dumb decision on my part.  I've moved it to a campfire with a cooking pot.  It can also now be found in the world in the Beverage loot group with the same frequency as Beer.  That means beverage coolers, traders, and vending machines to name a few.  Base value is 150 dukes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 5:32 PM, CrazyAluminum said:

Ghillie Suit as a Mod

you should to write 

<property name="DisplayType" value="clothingGhillieHood"/>

for Ghillie Hood Mod instead of clothing DisplayType

You are absolutely correct.  Thanks for catching that.

Fix uploaded.

Releasing Today:

StamplesDefenseQuests 

This adds 5 Defend quests (one of each tier) that send you to a random T1 or T2 POI, where you defend White River assets against 3-4 waves of zombies, and dispatch a leader zombie at the end.

T1 all normal zombies at a T1 POI

T2 all normal zombies, with a few of the harder (fat, military) ones, at a T1 POI

T3 mix of normal and feral at a T2 POI, a few special zombies (cop, spiders, bikers, etc.) will show up occasionally

T4 mostly feral at a T2 POI, special ferals will show up near the end

T5 mix of feral and glowies at a T2 POI, radioactive ferals and demolishers can show up near the end.

The quest will reset the POI at the beginning, which means local inhabitants may join the fight, and you cannot build fortifications ahead of time.

Dispatching the leader zombie advances both the Trader-given quest, and the sub-quest that send you to the POI, and both can be turned in at the trader upon return.

It is possible to just craft the radio receivers and do the waves at a POI without visiting the trader, but that's where the majority of the rewards come from.

Special thanks go to @geengaween who provided the initial idea in this thread: 

All my mods are available here

https://github.com/stamplesmods/7d2dmodlets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, Azazel said:

Hello me and my friends have a pre existing world and were wondering if its possible to add the mutations mod in without needing to restart the world

Probably not, since it will be adding items to the world.  It's likely to mess up the order of any other custom items, if anyone is in possession of any when you load it

• 6 months later...

Hello, i have been using mutations mod on my server and we are playing just fine there is just 1 problem that we dont understand, how can we get "Experimental Mutagen", is that like a drop or smth, or we need to get it from tier 5 misions somehow or what exactly?

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 9:49 AM, DontLose2soon said:

Hello, i have been using mutations mod on my server and we are playing just fine there is just 1 problem that we dont understand, how can we get "Experimental Mutagen", is that like a drop or smth, or we need to get it from tier 5 misions somehow or what exactly?

To expand on this, I'm not seeing the tier 5 missions at any of the traders that I've visited.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...