What do you guys want changed in later patches? That A18 does not have or removed.

Lightingfast29

More zeds would be nice, a better balance of glowing zeds and regular zeds. Going into a POI and seeing nothing but waves of bullet sponge glowing zeds gets frustrating. Make melee combat work again, swishing on a zed when you know you have the swing lined up is getting really old. Balance some of the weapons so they are not useless past certain game stages.

I am curious, why do you call them zeds?

use height difference to the player as a specific factor to determine whether zombies should go for blocks that sustain the building/tower.

action skills

SMG to automatic weapons, a new weapon more adequate to pistols (desert eagle ? )

LBD

allow us to buy skills with a buy button thats fixed for each perk list, instead of having to click on each separate button. This is specially annoying if get skills with multiple pages of levels and everytime you buy a level the UI goes back to the first page

LBD and action skills

Iron ore

Learn by doing

craft hot water directly from jars + snowballs. Like, for the iron ore u say its an unecessary step so u are removing it, but u then make us take two steps to create the bottle of water which is a supper common action? when it used to work well? W-H-Y?

WHY do u keep taking steps back on things that were good? "oh everyone likes it? I say u don't like it, I have info from ur minds" - MM

---

Had to say that. Now I stop as I'm probably about to get banned.

Ah, and I understand that LBD wouldn't be a small patch inside A18.

While POIs are more impressive than ever, in this build every punch is telegraphed. Nothing happens between point A to point B. Nothing bothers your base until the blood moon. You know zombies will be in POIs. The only time you get caught off-guard is if you enter somewhere new and fall for a trap you weren't prepared for. In old builds there would be a mixture of praying a horde walks past without noticing, and fending off a base to lick the wounds in the morning. Raiding a house might have gotten you sandwiched between its dwellers and a passerby horde to challenge your reaction time and resourcefulness.

You read my mind. Could not have put it better myself. The game is a lesser thing because of these changes that made it completely predictable. I'd add the Perk system to that list too. I *know for a fact* when I will have a Bicycle/Crucible/Workbench/whatever. Very boring.

I don't know other player's opinions on this, but I miss the old gun parts system and wellness system which had you slowly and carefully improving your stats. There was reason to craft high end food items, and individual guns were a product of hard work and care.

Again. I could not agree more. It made your guns personal and give every player a fantastic goal to head for (level 600 of all weapon types).

I'd like to see more end-game content which the quote above generally mentions. This could include areas that are too dangerous to navigate at any gamestage unless you're prepared. Once you've RNG'd or crafted decent gear there isn't much left to do but relentlessly mash your face off of hordes.

Ironically, by removing gun part combining, they actually removed the closest thing to an end-game we've ever had. And I found it a very addicting and satisfying end-game to go for. It took a lot fo work (and looting) to build a level 600 of the rarer guns like the Magnum. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

Construction needs to be either cheaper or stronger. It takes far too many resources to do anything, and by the time you get anything done your gamestage is so high that it's tore down.

I actually like this. To us it has altered our approach to the game such that we are simply "getting by" (either in temporary, expendable bases or in expendable converted POIs) while we build our proper "late game" base nearby. It's basically a race against your gamestage to get your main killing base up asap. I love that. It adds tension and demands adaptability.

Whether it's gamestage or RNJesus, you almost inevitably get better gear before you can ever craft it.

I believe the devs have acknowledged this. High tier items dropped far to readily in A18 and looting will be nerfed (if it hasn't already I have not restarted for a while)

• 5 months later...

Most everything I agree with has been said

I firmly believe A16 was the best version

no, I don’t want another one-week ban without any warning for “Doom and Gloom” again, but I’m not saying anything worse here than what’s already been said

Theres been many things changed about the game that aren’t viewed by everyone as positive changes - saying that should be a bannable offense

Archived