What do you guys want changed in later patches? That A18 does not have or removed.

Lightingfast29

Microsplat map to be optimized so my fps doesn't drop from solid 60 to 30-33 depending on biome or if water is around. If I go to a biome other than forest with no water, my fps drops down to 30-33 till I leave the biome, its even worse if there is also a body of water I can see. There is a patch to remove the microsplat map, which fixes these fps issues, but its not without its glitches. Namely underground texture issues.

I want more cohesion. The styles put into the game clash and immediately tells that this is an indie game.

You’ve got this gritty, crass style... the bikers, the strippers, the names of some of the POIs, and the traders’ language, vomiting cops, etc. This part gives me kind of like a 1980’s Garbage Pail Kids vibe.

Then you’ve got mixed into that some elements of a Mad Max type style. Spikes on motorcycles, the iron helmet and makeshift armor, the junkyard quest POIs, junk turrets and stun batons.

Next up we have the things that revolve around the nuclear age. Radiation zones and gear, radiated zombies that glow, a rare mutant pig. This brings up the lack of cohesion with animals. Zombie dogs, no normal dogs. Normal wolves, no zombie wolves. Bears and zombie bears... no other zombie animals, no other mutant animals. Opportunity is there to mutate every animal... but nope.

Finally we have this weird mystical lore. Zombies run at night, zombies affected by blood moons. Feral zombies with no reason behind what makes them different. Wights with no reason behind what makes them different.

In general, there is no one identifying style in this game. It’s a hodge-podge patchwork of themes that the devs thought were cool at the time they were brought into the game. The game needs a direction to follow, cohesion.

I have some personal lore for normal and feral zombies that feels to fit here it is: Ferals are basically fresher turned zombies, as such they had less time to decompose, so they are healiter and more physically fit to run around. Compared to normal ones who have been around a while and have decomposed to a point they can't really run or move fast and are more fragile. This at least makes sense during the day. I still haven't figured out how to explain normal zombies running at night or on bloodmoons yet. As it just makes no sense period for the normal generic zombies to suddendly be able to sprint like a olympic athlete just because the sun went down.

Radiated zombies kinda make sense, as they are basically mutated by the radiation, if you've played fallout games radiation can do some weird stuff. Ghouls in fallout for example get healed by radiation not hurt by it once they go from human to ghoul. So the radiated zombies have a hp regen I guess makes a bit of sense.

I have some personal lore for normal and feral zombies that feels to fit here it is: Ferals are basically fresher turned zombies, as such they had less time to decompose, so they are healiter and more physically fit to run around. Compared to normal ones who have been around a while and have decomposed to a point they can't really run or move fast and are more fragile. This at least makes sense during the day. I still haven't figured out how to explain normal zombies running at night or on bloodmoons yet. As it just makes no sense period for the normal generic zombies to suddendly be able to sprint like a olympic athlete just because the sun went down.

Radiated zombies kinda make sense, as they are basically mutated by the radiation, if you've played fallout games radiation can do some weird stuff. Ghouls in fallout for example get healed by radiation not hurt by it once they go from human to ghoul. So the radiated zombies have a hp regen I guess makes a bit of sense.

Sure, you could come up with stories for everything, the problem I am pointing out is that none of it fits together nicely... and not just the lore, but the art and characters. In Fallout it makes sense to have these things related to radiation. It is the theme of the game. It would be like if they added some eclipse event in Fallout that made zombies appear because they thought BMs were cool in 7D2D. It doesn't fit. It might be fun to play still, but cohesion would suffer greatly and leave people puzzled. It would be like if in DOOM, you are fighting all these demons in Hell, walk through a door and see a giraffe.

Sure, you could come up with stories for everything, the problem I am pointing out is that none of it fits together nicely... and not just the lore, but the art and characters. In Fallout it makes sense to have these things related to radiation. It is the theme of the game. It would be like if they added some eclipse event in Fallout that made zombies appear because they thought BMs were cool in 7D2D. It doesn't fit. It might be fun to play still, but cohesion would suffer greatly and leave people puzzled. It would be like if in DOOM, you are fighting all these demons in Hell, walk through a door and see a giraffe.

You do have a point, it does feel like a random mishmash of things.

Greetings

I'll be out against the wall and shot for this but I want:

1. Zombies digging down to be removed (I'd accept only being able to dig 1-5/10 blocks down?) Just not the current heat seeking zombie mole torpedoes that currently exist. I like to spend my nights mining underground in peace ok. At least until I come up to the surface.

2. Demolisher's removed. I like building my bases as comfortable homes behind walls ok.

Yes I know it'll never happen but the OP asked so I gave my wish list! :smile-new:

I would really love a chance for "learning a schematic" after scrapping an Item. If I scrap a Pistol/machine gun/ crossbow into parts, then I should have a chance to learn how it's assembled and gain the ability to build one. Taking things apart is generally the easiest ways to learn how they are built.

Yes I know this borders on the "Learn by doing" but even a 1 in 5 chance would be nice for those difficult to find plans.

Hub cities; they need to come back. I do NOT know why they thought removing them was a good idea, but it was not. I remember the thrilling times when you would basically set up camp at the outskirts of the hub city, and you would wait patiently, getting ready, for the day to raid it.

The hub city shouldn't be like any other towns. It should be the place where all the truly valuable and big POIs are, but it should also be a place where the zombie spawn is basically unending, so you don't get to just kill all the zombies and be the conqueror of the town. Instead, you'd be forced to run away, hide, use distractions and act quick all the time to get the good loot.

Those were the days. Wish they brought the hub city back.

In order of importance to me :

- create a 3-tiered system for locations : wilderness, towns, cities. Depending on the location, decrease/increase greatly the number and difficulty of zeds. Would be inline with the current progression system, give a purpose to those beautiful landscapes with isolated houses, and avoid the current "go to the nearest/biggest city day 1 and set up there".

- get rid of the double barrel, make (maybe nerf a bit) the pump a Tier 2 shotgun and add a fully-automatic Tier 3 shotgun. Shotguns should probably be moved to Fortitude and Machine Guns to strength (seems more logical to have the tanky FORT dude play close-combat guns)

- rework bleed effect that just doesn't cut it (lol)

- a bit more zombie diversity

- replace the current hand models with proper HD hands/arms. There's been so much work done on say sand, but the one thing you always have on your screen regardless of your weapon looks like a 2010 texture

- a bit more balance work (for example being able to run into a cougar on day 1 seems strange when the whole game is balanced around making early game easy for beginners before throwing some curveballs at them)

Greetings

I'll be out against the wall and shot for this but I want:

1. Zombies digging down to be removed (I'd accept only being able to dig 1-5/10 blocks down?) Just not the current heat seeking zombie mole torpedoes that currently exist. I like to spend my nights mining underground in peace ok. At least until I come up to the surface.

2. Demolisher's removed. I like building my bases as comfortable homes behind walls ok.

Yes I know it'll never happen but the OP asked so I gave my wish list! :smile-new:

Just change the block damage that zombies do in the game settings. ;)

For a quick and dirty xml edit to spawning.xml that's a grand total of changing 10 maxcount entries for the biome spawns....

From this:

<biome name="pine_forest">

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesNight" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="14" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="21" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />

</biome>

To this:

<biome name="pine_forest">

<spawn maxcount="20" respawndelay="3" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />

<spawn maxcount="20" respawndelay="4" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesNight" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="14" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />

<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="21" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />

</biome>

Do the same for desert, wasteland, burnt_forest and snow and you are done.

Note a modlet approach would be the better option to avoid redoing it after each experimental release etc but that would take longer to explain.

Mine are set at 50 (depends on what your system can handle and what you find fun etc).

Oh and you can set all respawndelay to 1 if you like too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30416[/ATTACH]

Thanks. I'll change my max zombie count and see how much my pc can handle.

How so I'm on alpha 18?

That was written at around the same time I was frantically looking for car keys I had in my hand.... as in.... I was extremely tired and operated on about 10% brain capacity.

All the recent experimental updates confused me.

General point still stands tho, we're not getting new alpha with less content every ~3 months as MM promissed in 2018 december.

I would like for schematics to be scrapped into something much more useful than paper. Say for example each schematic scraps into 1/4 fragment of a book that, if crafted and then read, gives the player 1 skill point.

This would make it feel a lot better to find a schematic that you already knew from perking into, and would make looting and finding schematics in general a lot more fun.

20 zombies in day and 30 in night makes the game actually scary. It now is a zombie apocalypse game compared to a walk in the park. Now I am constantly battling hordes of zombies, POIs are dangerous since they also contain more zombies and attrack dozens more zombies from outside. Going from place A to place B without a vehicle and in the night is probably suicide .

Let's see if the devs can add a slider to multiply the spawn of zombies.

20 zombies in day and 30 in night makes the game actually scary. It now is a zombie apocalypse game compared to a walk in the park. Now I am constantly battling hordes of zombies, POIs are dangerous since they also contain more zombies and attrack dozens more zombies from outside. Going from place A to place B without a vehicle and in the night is probably suicide .

Let's see if the devs can add a slider to multiply the spawn of zombies.

Cool:D I'm going to try this out:) Also is it better now since you edited the spawns?

Cool:D I'm going to try this out:) Also is it better now since you edited the spawns?

Dear diary,

How I miss the golden days of civilization. Or maybe not . It lacked the excitement of struggle and survival, a thing we got too used to our fattened and luxurious lifestyles.

Those days struggle has become my every day life.

Ever since the "incident" I managed to make a base near town. They kept infecting everyone and I had to keep it low in the fire station until one of the more courageous human baits decided to draw their attention away from me. Their sense are keen and they are drawn to fire and explosions.

After successfully managing to hold the first bloody wave of "them" I am currently fighting about a hundred of those festering things every day. They get existed at night so I try to keep it low. I am running low on iron and will probably have to go to the nearest town for resupplying. Can never be too sure. Spikes and wooden bars will have to hold my defenses for now. There's always cobblestone to dig from the ground but it gets harder and harder for my walls to keep up with their numbers..

I found Joel the trader, the guy we all used to call insane, hoarding hundreds if not thousands of stock piles of items. People used to make fun of him for "preparing for the apocalypse". Not so many now. He must hide his stuff underground otherwise it would be impossible for him to have maddening amount of supplies , enough to keep a small city going for a few days!

Decided to buy one of his funny "blade trap" contraptions and with the help of my wrench I have successfully assembled a generator with an engine from all those used up cars scattered around like unclaimed possessions waiting to be ravaged for parts.

I never imagined however that the peaceful fattened cops in my town would turn out to be a nightmare.

"Goerge the Gorge" . Last time I saw him he and his friends were eating some delicious donuts followed by a dozen of inmates. Used to be a sight for sure, but nothing would prepare me for the stultifying hideousness of his erupting and bulging innards .He promptly ... exploded in front of one of my blade traps and turned it into a pile of unrecognizable junk. Hopefully the bars covered part of the explosion and only my right hand was hurt. Was never a good cop, but I guess he was even worse of zombie. Rest in pieces old friend.

I am now setting up a series of forges to prepare some steel I gathered from iron parts the other day. But I am hearing multiple steps again and roars in the distance...

Is it the floor or my broken feet that trembles?

Something big is coming..

Dear diary,

How I miss the golden days of civilization. Or maybe not . It lacked the excitement of struggle and survival, a thing we got too used to our fattened and luxurious lifestyles.

Those days struggle has become my every day life.

Ever since the "incident" I managed to make a base near town. They kept infecting everyone and I had to keep it low in the fire station until one of the more courageous human baits decided to draw their attention away from me. Their sense are keen and they are drawn to fire and explosions.

After successfully managing to hold the first bloody wave of "them" I am currently fighting about a hundred of those festering things every day. They get existed at night so I try to keep it low. I am running low on iron and will probably have to go to the nearest town for resupplying. Can never be too sure. Spikes and wooden bars will have to hold my defenses for now. There's always cobblestone to dig from the ground but it gets harder and harder for my walls to keep up with their numbers..

I found Joel the trader, the guy we all used to call insane, hoarding hundreds if not thousands of stock piles of items. People used to make fun of him for "preparing for the apocalypse". Not so many now. He must hide his stuff underground otherwise it would be impossible for him to have maddening amount of supplies , enough to keep a small city going for a few days!

Decided to buy one of his funny "blade trap" contraptions and with the help of my wrench I have successfully assembled a generator with an engine from all those used up cars scattered around like unclaimed possessions waiting to be ravaged for parts.

I never imagined however that the peaceful fattened cops in my town would turn out to be a nightmare.

"Goerge the Gorge" . Last time I saw him he and his friends were eating some delicious donuts followed by a dozen of inmates. Used to be a sight for sure, but nothing would prepare me for the stultifying hideousness of his erupting and bulging innards .He promptly ... exploded in front of one of my blade traps and turned it into a pile of unrecognizable junk. Hopefully the bars covered part of the explosion and only my right hand was hurt. Was never a good cop, but I guess he was even worse of zombie. Rest in pieces old friend.

I am now setting up a series of forges to prepare some steel I gathered from iron parts the other day. But I am hearing multiple steps again and roars in the distance...

Is it the floor or my broken feet that trembles?

Something big is coming..

Very cool:D awesome story:)

I want better quests and uma zombies. instead of a stashed loot, it should be a uma zombie that is lootable after it dies, and we get it's equipment and armor on top of the supplies.

This could add extra shennigans like the uma is in a larger wandering horde instead of a poi. I also want the challenge quests to be replaced by story quests. If we find a note out in the wild, it should warn us of grace but tell us that the super corn is in that house, or that the shamway recipe is in the factory.

A longer, more meaningful progression through all the tiers so that we can bring back the focus on survival. Primitive weapons and building should be viable and necessary for longer. Ideally, certain biomes and cities would have MUCH more walking dead in them with much harder enemies that is near impossible to get to during the early days. The loot containers within each area belong to various tiers, where there is a higher probability for more\better loot in the higher tiers - while in the lower tiers you have less chance to find guns, medical and purple loot.

The areas you start in contain weaker zombies that do less hand-damage than the zombies in the higher-tiered areas. At first where you start, primitive weapons like bows and spears are pretty much all you can find and use as weapons are extremely rare. You might get lucky and find a gun in some house, but it's not very common. You can build out of wood and it's viable enough to hold off early gamestage hordes with weaker hand-damage.

As you progress, you start going into more and more dangerous cities that contain a larger amount of stronger undead that have stronger hand damage, you the need to start considering stone as base defense and obtaining better weapons in order to successfully loot the more dangerous area and hold off the more dangerous horde.

Further on as your gamestage gets even higher, you will need to get into even more dangerous cities and areas to get better weapons and schematics so that you can even further upgrade your base and consider concrete. You'll start getting some basic and more common modern weapons such as basic explosives, pistols, shotguns and hunting rifles.

As your gamestage starts to reach the very high levels, you'll need to start working your way into the most dangerous place which is the wasteland. Some parts of this place are radiated and you'll need special equipment to even get in. This is where you'll find some of the strongest zombies in the game in huge numbers. Even getting inside of a POI is a challenge. Crossing through the wasteland is a dangerous task that only the most prepared can do. Here you'll start going into factories and obtaining advanced schematics for turrets, finding automatic weapons, and the most advanced base defense. Your gamestage is high enough at this point to where you better have steel.

In complete agreement.

While POIs are more impressive than ever, in this build every punch is telegraphed. Nothing happens between point A to point B. Nothing bothers your base until the blood moon. You know zombies will be in POIs. The only time you get caught off-guard is if you enter somewhere new and fall for a trap you weren't prepared for. In old builds there would be a mixture of praying a horde walks past without noticing, and fending off a base to lick the wounds in the morning. Raiding a house might have gotten you sandwiched between its dwellers and a passerby horde to challenge your reaction time and resourcefulness.

I don't know other player's opinions on this, but I miss the old gun parts system and wellness system which had you slowly and carefully improving your stats. There was reason to craft high end food items, and individual guns were a product of hard work and care.

I'd like to see more end-game content which the quote above generally mentions. This could include areas that are too dangerous to navigate at any gamestage unless you're prepared. Once you've RNG'd or crafted decent gear there isn't much left to do but relentlessly mash your face off of hordes.

Construction needs to be either cheaper or stronger. It takes far too many resources to do anything, and by the time you get anything done your gamestage is so high that it's tore down. This is one of the problems with the current perk system, by the time you achieve any decent perks you've entered a gamestage where you just exhaust resources as fast as you're now supposedly getting them. I don't think every perk needs 5 levels, unless TFP double the exp output.

Whether it's gamestage or RNJesus, you almost inevitably get better gear before you can ever craft it. Since a quality 1 steel tool will out power a quality 6 iron tool, it doesn't matter if it's easier to find because it will outclass all lower tools. I agree with the person quoted that the early game should be extended. IMO, you should be earning perks before stumbling into high quality gear. On top of this since the addition of sleeper zombies, I've consistently found that POI raiding goes from a casual wack-a-mole of a few zombies to very suddenly becoming a mosh of sprinting zombies. This could be eased up and paced out a bit more, or put into the tier'd system mentioned above.

Mining is slow and doesn't amount to much. Perhaps adding underground content such as caves or more deposits. Instead of pathing to the player, zombies will just dig down until they fall on your head like pigeon crap from the sky. Considering that people play this game for its voxel style, and that underground has to be like 40%? of the entire game area it could use some attention.

This all said, this build has been the most fun I've had since a14. As much as I couldn't get myself to like the perk and mod system overhaul when it was released, they've done something better with it in a18.

Archived