Live map not revealing entire map?

Zombie-Buffet

It will only show what's been explored. If you want to uncover the whole map, use the visitmap command.

Are you saying that the servers I've barely set foot in and can preview ALL of their live web map have run this command themselves?

What command should I use to uncover a 4k map?

I don't care about uncovering the in-game map, only live map.

Use "visitmap -2048 -2048 2048 2048" in console for a 4k map. ( Multiple of 1024)

"visitmap -4096 -4096 4096 4096" would be for an 8k map and so on.

Takes a while, you will see the process running in the console. You can stop it with "visitmap stop".

This will make it visible on the webmap, but not for all players in their map menu.

Are you saying that the servers I've barely set foot in and can preview ALL of their live web map have run this command themselves?

They did most probably, cause it gives some perfomance gains running the server. If you have 10 people heading out different locations and exploring new tiles of the map it might give some stutters, cause the server has to calculate the chunks.

If you do it before all happens, then it should be more fluid. For a small map maybe not necessary, but if you have larger maps you might want better performance.

Use "visitmap -2048 -2048 2048 2048" in console for a 4k map. ( Multiple of 1024)

"visitmap -4096 -4096 4096 4096" would be for an 8k map and so on.

Takes a while, you will see the process running in the console. You can stop it with "visitmap stop".

This will make it visible on the webmap, but not for all players in their map menu.

They did most probably, cause it gives some perfomance gains running the server. If you have 10 people heading out different locations and exploring new tiles of the map it might give some stutters, cause the server has to calculate the chunks.

If you do it before all happens, then it should be more fluid. For a small map maybe not necessary, but if you have larger maps you might want better performance.

Excellent information, Sam. Thanks for the reply :)

Its basically creating the region files (chunks), from the world-files.

Only areas that where visited, are usually created. Once they are created, the will load much faster.

Using that command, it will do the visiting for you. And not later at runtime when a client first enters an area.

Thats also why you can only then see the map. As those chunks had to be created first for the minimap.

Archived