More Vanilla Food

ATLA5

Just to make sure this isn’t a factor:

In the repository where this mod is located, there are actually 2 mods: “more vanilla food” and “more vanilla medicine”.  Do not load/use the “more vanilla medicine” mod/folder!

Also Something to try if you can: start a new game on your side (not server side) with only the “more vanilla food” loaded and see if the icons appear.  This would rule out issues with the mod on your side, or some other mod interfering, or possibly some game files that are corrupted or changed.

also: are you loading this mod from the mod launcher or from GitHub, somewhere else?  Can you look inside the “modinfo.xml” file inside the mod (open in notepad or similar) and report back on what is in the “version” field (should be either A18 or A19 o think)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 5:26 PM, doughphunghus said:

Just to make sure this isn’t a factor:

In the repository where this mod is located, there are actually 2 mods: “more vanilla food” and “more vanilla medicine”.  Do not load/use the “more vanilla medicine” mod/folder!

Also Something to try if you can: start a new game on your side (not server side) with only the “more vanilla food” loaded and see if the icons appear.  This would rule out issues with the mod on your side, or some other mod interfering, or possibly some game files that are corrupted or changed.

also: are you loading this mod from the mod launcher or from GitHub, somewhere else?  Can you look inside the “modinfo.xml” file inside the mod (open in notepad or similar) and report back on what is in the “version” field (should be either A18 or A19 o think)

Can you make a version without buffs, only schematic crafting (without perks) and with normal technical item names (as example, drinkBerryTea, for better search in the crafting list on the "food" or "drink" word)?

You don't required to write DescriptionKey for any item, because you can just write Desc in the end of the each item name in the localization.txt and it's will still work.

Localization.txt example

----------------------------------------------------

Key,English

drinkBerryTea,Berry Tea

drinkBerryTeaDesc,"Stupid description"

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

17 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Can you make a version without buffs, only schematic crafting (without perks) and with normal technical item names (as example, drinkBerryTea, for better search in the crafting list on the "food" or "drink" word)?

You don't required to write DescriptionKey for any item, because you can just write Desc in the end of the each item name in the localization.txt and it's will still work.

Localization.txt example

Key,English

drinkBerryTea,Berry Tea

drinkBerryTeaDesc,"Stupid description"

Not sure if this question is directed at me ;) I don’t mind helping with some support/answers for the mod, but the mod owner is still active so I don’t want to step in and make changes to core functionality on their behalf.  I just wanted to get it working as-is without warnings/errors in a20, and get their blessing as they are maintaining it, and technically own all the graphics to make a different version (or ok it for someone else).

anyway, I’ll defer to @ATLA5

• 9 months later...

Love the mod and the idea behind it! It all works great for me, but I've made a few updates and wanted to offer them to add to the downloadable files. Just added a traders xml so you can find the new foods there and some in vending machines. Think I'll work on adding to loot groups later this week. I know it's an easy edit but thought I'd offer anyway seeing as it's already done for me.
Thanks so much for all the work put into this mod. My friends and I are really enjoying it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Valgasm, @X3 Oui, @[email protected], @Rukminesh, @Sedoy Putnik

All,

I have a manual "patch" fix for this, since snowberries (the food item, not the terrain based plant)  have been removed from the vanilla game its not (super) easy to patch the mod itself to figure out how to make snowberry tea without snowberries... so this is my temporary solution and I do not know how @ATLA5 would want to fix it ( add snowberries, or use the fix I list below and simply require a secondary mod to run) HOWEVER it *appears* you will not have to start a new game (to get snowberries in your world) as the plants already exist, so we just need to add the snowberry itself  back as a harvestable food item......but as always be sure you are willing to break your game before adding any mods during a game in progress! I'm just trying to help so if it breaks your game too bad, so sad!

WARNING: I have only *very* lightly tested the mod using the cheat menu. I have NOT heavily tested if the "GK Snowberry Returns' mod works (You can harvest snowberries from the snowberry plants, did not test everything else). This workaround appears ( with my very limited testing) to allow the "More Vanilla Food" to load without errors, and I cooked some food and ate it/tested the buffs and it seems to work as advertised.  I checked the lootgroups is using and these appear to be ok with the new changes made to loot but I did not test looting/odds if you can actually loot the food schematics (cannot buy from trader)

1. Download this mod to add snowberries back: https://7daystodiemods.com/gk-snowberry-returns/

2. Download the "More Vanilla Food' mod from github ( NOTE: There is a More Vanilla Medicine" mod in the same repo. Do not use this in a20!)

3. Go into the "More Vanilla Food" mod and open the recipes.xml file.

4. Change  'resourceCropSnowberryPlant' to 'foodCropSnowberry' in the 3 recipes that have 'resourceCropSnowberryPlant' in them as ingredients in all the lines where it references (3 lines)

5. Manually move both mods to the "Mods" folder in your game.  Not sure what to do/where to put them if you're using the mod launcher

@Davo: ATLA5 lists his discord in the ModInfo.xml file (I have not tried it since the last update).  The last time I contacted him using that he was willing to merge a github pull request to update his mod, so maybe if you have a working version (with your new trader files, etc) he might be willing to merge your code.  If so maybe he'll also update it with my fixes above and simply document that GK Snowberry Returns' mod is required?

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

The recipes could be changed to use blueberry or mixture of other crops/items. Then just add a new name, like fruit candy or yucca gin or whatever. I miss the snow berry too, but I do not see the point to bring it back because the original recipes relied on it.

36 minutes ago, Rukminesh said:

The recipes could be changed to use blueberry or mixture of other crops/items. Then just add a new name, like fruit candy or yucca gin or whatever. I miss the snow berry too, but I do not see the point to bring it back because the original recipes relied on it.

I agree but I didn’t want to rework the mod. The last time I talked to atla5 they seemed like they were just busy with other things and had stepped away for a bit.  So o wanted to leave the decision as to how to make larger modifications to them.  I do miss the snowberry as a unique game item but having to maintain the 3D block models might be a pain as time goes in if it’s entirely removed from the game. 

I think the game needs some “core item/block” packs that modders build on. Kinda like having different meats for each animal, or an entire array of mineable ores and/or “elements” you could have. Then modders would make that as a Requirement pack to add their mod which then adds recipes/things to do with those things.  It’s actually kinda difficult to do well and is likely better left for when the game goes “gold” status. 

I’ve been mulling over attempting one to see what would happen. My best guess is that it would be flawed in some way and an update to fix it would break all the other mods :) but maybe there is a way if kept extremely simple. Still quite a bit of work and possibly little payout. Personally I like mods with more “3D items” like plants in the world or living ceiling fans vs “items you can just find” but anyway… ramble over :)

• 2 weeks later...

So after a lot of research, my friend and I decided this was the mod we wanted to use for our A20 hardcore playthrough. I went through and edited/removed snowberry recipes and even adjusted a lot of the qualities, buffs, and recipes of the items. (e.g. None of the food gave max stamina bonuses, balancing adjustments, loot table fixes)

Everything works brilliantly on my server. Now, I plan on going through and cleaning up a few errors I noticed. Could help you out if interested! Awesome mod and appreciate the work.