More Vanilla Food

ATLA5

More Vanilla Food [A18]

This is a simple modlet that adds more vanilla friendly food and drink, this mod is still a WIP - although this only means that I plan on adding more as time goes on. As of now it contains 27 new food items and 8 new drinks, each with their own schematics.

The intention of this mod is to expand on the food and water system of the base game, without the potential hassle of new crops, meat types, etc.

Version 1 Sprites Showcase

Version 2 Sprites Showcase

Drinks

• Berry Tea
  • Iced Mixed Tea
  • Iced Coffee
  • Vodka - +20% Bartering
  • Snowberry Gin - +50% Block Damage
  • Carbonated Water - Efficient Digestion
  • Blueberry Soda
  • Kvass Soda

Food

• Hashbrown
  • Mash Potato
  • Corn Grits
  • Blueberry Jam
  • Yucca Jam
  • Egg Salad
  • Fried Meat
  • Corn Chips
  • Blueberry Jam Sandwich
  • Yucca Jam Sandwich
  • Coffee Cake
  • Mushroom Pie
  • Meat and Beer Pie
  • Fried Mushrooms
  • French Toast
  • Fried Egg
  • Honey Glazed Meat
  • Custard Pie
  • Rock Candy
  • Blueberry Candy
  • Snowberry Candy
  • Sponge Cake
  • Blueberry Sponge Cake
  • Yucca Sponge Cake
  • Plain Fudge
  • Sugar Extract
  • Energy Tablets

Downloads / Other

This modlet is available on the mod launcher by sphereii, which can be found here: Mod Launcher

Otherwise, this modlet can be downloaded from my github here: Github Download

I also have a discord server you could join. The link to which can be found here:https://discord.gg/FX9qMRJ

This is where I will post any updates / new modlets first.

Feedback is appreciated.

665937429_itemimages.jpg.d70d2819a591edf648f48686e4edb295.jpg

1378523514_version2images.jpg.1f1310c298c0be928e556dfa56f2de0a.jpg

Edited by ATLA5 (see edit history)

It's a bit of a long story. My account was deleted for seemingly no reason, so after talking to the mods about this - they suggested I recreate the post. For whatever reason my old account has been reverted to guest, which means I cannot edit that thread anymore. I have no clue why this happened, I swear I'm not trying to spam the forums - I'm not that type of person.

Guest Arsinoe

Thank you for this mod! It's awesome to see more items in-game used for further food/drink recipes!

However, I am running into a minor issue with the sprite icons not appearing once the mod was applied to the server. Any ideas on a fix for that?

Hello, I seem to be having a warning post upon world generation. I do have a rather healthy list of mods put together so.. I'm sure it's a slight minor conflict with one of the other mods, though I wanted to mention it here to make sure if I had to make a change or not.

The warning I'm getting is; WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "More Vanilla Food" did not apply. <append xpath="/lootgroup[@name=farmingCookingRecipes]"

I'm not sure exactly what it means, though would appreciate any help!

Oh, I CAN generate the world and enter and play normally.. as well as I have already made and eaten yucca chips so the mod DOES work for me, I just don't know what that error is causing.

The warning I'm getting is; WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "More Vanilla Food" did not apply. <append xpath="/lootgroup[@name=farmingCookingRecipes]"

I got the same warning, what this means that it isn't adding the recipes to the loot list.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but looking at other items/recipes I see that the names aren't in Localization.txt.

So I'm guessing either the loot.xml doesn't like non-localized names or it doesn't like names with spaces in them.

For example in items.xml is this:

<item name="Berry Tea">

It could be localized and have the spaces removed by instead putting a name reference in items.xml like this:

<item name="ATNameBerryTea">

Then putting the actual name in the Localization.txt file like so:

ATNameBerryTea,items,Food,New,Berry Tea,,,,,

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

At the moment im trying to play modded with a friend of mine and this mod causes a problem. It gives an error stating the next:

ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'buffs.xml' failed

ArgumentException: Requested value 'StaminaLossMaxMult' was not found.

This errors keeps repeating in the log when he tries to join me. In single player however, it doest pose a problem. It justs moves on and loads the game. Im wondering what could be the problem with this error, as i really like this mod. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!  I have looked into updating this modlet for a19 as it seems it needs only very minor tweaks to remain functional.  I've attempted to contact @ATLA5 via these forums (as its been about 1 year since they have updated or posted in these forums under that name) and if I receive no response in awhile I'll post a working fork/version for a19 on my Github page (well, I have not extensively tested, only fixed obvious errors).  Should @ATLA5 wish to continue maintaining their modlet, I'll to push my updates back to them instead (should they wish to use any of them).

FYI: I don't plan on attempting to maintain/update this unless the original author cannot be contacted after a reasonable amount of time.  The graphics/recipes are very nicely done and I wish to play it in my own games and I figure if I can get it working maybe others can continue to enjoy it also ;)

Also: Their Discord link above appears to be working/available.  I'll also try that to contact them there as well if they do not message me back.

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

Hello!  I have looked into updating this modlet for a19 as it seems it needs only very minor tweaks to remain functional.  I've attempted to contact @ATLA5 via these forums (as its been about 1 year since they have updated or posted in these forums under that name) and if I receive no response in awhile I'll post a working fork/version for a19 on my Github page (well, I have not extensively tested, only fixed obvious errors).  Should @ATLA5 wish to continue maintaining their modlet, I'll to push my updates back to them instead (should they wish to use any of them).

FYI: I don't plan on attempting to maintain/update this unless the original author cannot be contacted after a reasonable amount of time.  The graphics/recipes are very nicely done and I wish to play it in my own games and I figure if I can get it working maybe others can continue to enjoy it also ;)

Also: Their Discord link above appears to be working/available.  I'll also try that to contact them there as well if they do not message me back.

Very good idea doughtpunghus, I think the only one that has it functional or I'll be wrong is Ravenhearts, I'll wait for that update.
Regards

@ATLA5 has been contacted and I've pushed my (hopefully) a19 b180 -> a19.2 b4 compatible update to their Github repo for their review/merging of my changes.  I performed light testing just to make sure all recipes could be crafted.

Note: I noticed that the chem station does not have a "food" icon (only medicine and chemistry), so I added it in as several of these food recipes use the chem station and were not easily findable without it.  All the other changes were normal a18 -> a19 updates.  Anyway, not sure if that's "good" or "bad" to do, or if the "food" icon was ever in the chem station.  The vanilla "beer" and "moldy cornbread" recipes show up under there too ;)

On 10/22/2020 at 6:52 PM, doughphunghus said:

Update: @ATLA5has merged the changes in Github so the mod should be working in a19, per original links above. Hopefully I didn't screw something up ;)

bump to those asking about it recently:

@Gouki

@mrjaj

@Iirlyaccess

Thank you very much doughtphunghus.

I have it installed and so far no problem.

Just one doubt, when downloading it sends you to Github and there are 2 folders, the one for food and the other one is for medicine, I guess the medicine mod doesn't work because I check the files and they are all the same as the food ones or I'm wrong .
Regards

Just now, Gouki said:

Thank you very much doughtphunghus.

I have it installed and so far no problem.

Just one doubt, when downloading it sends you to Github and there are 2 folders, the one for food and the other one is for medicine, I guess the medicine mod doesn't work because I check the files and they are all the same as the food ones or I'm wrong .
Regards

You are correct.  Apparently the Medicine modlet is WIP/Not ready yet and is currently mostly the same modlet as the Food one.  I also didn't know that when I started the conversion process and made some small changes to it (and my editor made some spacing changes) so by the time I figured it out I couldn't easily undo my changes, so when the changes were merged into @ATLA5 's repository it shows an "a19 update" note for both ;(

• 2 weeks later...