Jump to content

AI Does Not Actively Pursue / Attack (18 b155 and above)


Recommended Posts



I'm having some issues with the AI on my server (MP - dedicated, GTXGaming 'gtxcp.uk' as the host). I'm fairly certain I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out.


I did some Google searching, and searched the forums, and all I found was a similar issue from A 17.X where deleting the profile apparently fixed it.





Since a full server restart after b155 went stable, no AI in the game actively pursues / attacks / runs away (IE: deer).

If you get within melee range of an aggressive AI, it will attack.





When running EXP 18 b155, everything was fine. When b155 went stable, I wiped my server, and re-loaded it to stable again just to be sure.


I always delete the "steamapps" folder off the server (I've had issues starting new servers before unless I delete it), and then do a Steam update to get to the latest version.


I also wipe out the "\..\Data\Worlds" folder to delete any remnants of the prior server / player info.


The map is PREGEN03. Since I've never played that one before, I flew / teleported around in admin mode to scope the map out. NOTE: wondering if moving around the map so much caused z's to spawn and maybe over-loaded the AI after the new spawning changes with 18?


Despite a server wipe, I noted that the map is revealed from my previous exploration, even though I deleted the "\..\Data\Worlds" folder and everything under it. I tried renaming the "GameName" also, but still seeing map revealed.


Anyways, I also tried updating to EXP 18.1 b4, wiped, etc. Same issue with the AI. I also deleted my local player profile and made a new one with a different name, same issue with the AI. I have several friends who play on the server too, I had each of them create new player profiles. They experienced the same issue with the AI.



MODS (worked in EXP 18 b155)


















I can't figure out what's going on, and it makes no sense to me that the map is still showing revealed even after deleting my individual steam ID player files (.map / .ttp).


I've verified in the "serverconfig.xml" that enemies are set to spawn. They obviously are b/c they show up but don't do anything. I've also spawned in enemies using admin commands, and they still just stand there.


Looking for the "output_log__<DATETIME>.txt" to add to the post.



Link to comment
Share on other sites



I was going to start a new thread but noticed that this is the same / similar issue.


Updated server to Alpha 18 (b155) stable and created a new server with a new map.

The server starts normally and gets listed online, other players are able to join.


Running CentOS 64 bit server.



- Enemies don't move around, but turn and hit still.

- Birds work normally except I killed a bird and another one came and was indestructible.


Any ideas what it can be or what I can try to do?

Has anyone had this problem?


I tried force verifying of the game files and creating a new instance of the server, EAC off or on.

Same problem every time.


Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/NkSBCRun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there,


I was able to get things working. I had found a thread for a similar issue on 17.X I believe. Someone had mentioned removing the "Allocs Server Fixes" mod. I removed that and "BCManager". and the problem was fixed.


I can't find the thread right now, but there was not rally any info other than "remove it". I'm guessing the company that hosts my server didn't have a version that was updated for 18.X. The weird thing is that I had the mod on the EXP version of 18 155, and I had no issues.


If you have that or any other mods installed, try removing them. If it fixes it, try adding them back one at a time.





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Monty,


Thanks for letting me know, I got it fixed now as well.

I just deleted everything in the sdtd folder and ran updateengine on Alloc's Server Manager.


After everything was reinstalled I just created a new world and everything ran okay.

It's about time I cleared it out too, I had this server updated from as far back as Alpha 16 for sure.


The problem I had may have been from some previous files installed, I did install Alpha 18.1 Experimental then went back to Alpha 18 (b155) afterwards.


Have a good one,


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...