Snowballs

Orca_Amity

Why do you need snowballs? If it is for water, you can collect it from lakes, ponds, or breaking open some of the water towers. Snow is not the only way to get water. If you have none of these nearby, you'll have to survive on scavenged or bought water and explore until you find a source or a snow biome.

Why do you need snowballs? If it is for water, you can collect it from lakes, ponds, or breaking open some of the water towers. Snow is not the only way to get water. If you have none of these nearby, you'll have to survive on scavenged or bought water and explore until you find a source or a snow biome.

I believe the yucca smoothie uses snowballs as an ingredient.

That is what I wonder. I have some bottles of river water that is dirty and I wonder why I can't just pour it into a pot and boil it to kill the bacteria and when the water is cold, then bottle it. I wonder how does snowballs come into it. It's so stupid. It's like a builder needing flour as well to make cement when he's making cement not baking a cake.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be great if you could make snow blocks again to hide bases on pvp servers.

I prefer to play this on my own or with trusted friends. I can just see it in a public game. Players killing me for no reason, breaking into my buildings and looting my chests and destroying my buildings. I wonder why there's a public session in this.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the yucca smoothie uses snowballs as an ingredient.

Thanks. I'll try that.

That is what I wonder. I have some bottles of river water that is dirty and I wonder why I can't just pour it into a pot and boil it to kill the bacteria and when the water is cold, then bottle it. I wonder how does snowballs come into it. It's so stupid. It's like a builder needing flour as well to make cement when he's making cement not baking a cake.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer to play this on my own or with trusted friends. I can just see it in a public game. Players killing me for no reason, breaking into my buildings and looting my chests and destroying my buildings. I wonder why there's a public session in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I'll try that.

You can boil water. Collect dirty water and cook it at your campfire.

There is a snow biome where you can find snowballs. Finding it depends on whether you're playing a randomly generated map or Navezgane. If Navezgane, just go north. If RWG, if you travel long enough in one direction, you should find one.

Empty jars and snowballs can be made into murky water in the campfire. Murky water(snow or gathered from a source) is turned into drinkable water in the same campfire with a cooking pot(the pot is placed and LEFT in one of the slots in the top right). Put some wood in the fuel slot, and if you have murky water in your backpack the option to make bottled water will become available on the recipe list. Choose how many to make and cook.

Omg if you playing on low loot setting, snowball is good source of water until you find water purify on helmet.

Making murdy water into bottled water already need times while in trader.

Omg if you playing on low loot setting, snowball is good source of water until you find water purify on helmet.

Making murdy water into bottled water already need times while in trader.

I know it's a good source, IF you have access to a snow biome. That's why I said it's not the ONLY way to get water.

@Orca

Just noticed in another thread that you play on PS4. If you haven't already, you may want to go to the console forum. Some of the information you get here won't be applicable on the console version. It is, I think, three versions behind due to the problems with the company that was handling the conversion to consoles.

You can boil water. Collect dirty water and cook it at your campfire.

There is a snow biome where you can find snowballs. Finding it depends on whether you're playing a randomly generated map or Navezgane. If Navezgane, just go north. If RWG, if you travel long enough in one direction, you should find one.

I wonder why I need this snowball stupidity when all I should do is pour the water in a pot and boil it. I wonder how and why snowballs comes into it.

I wonder why I need this snowball stupidity when all I should do is pour the water in a pot and boil it. I wonder how and why snowballs comes into it.

That's what we're saying, you CAN do that.

Step 1: Build a campfire, fill it with something for fuel like wood.

Step 2: Place a Cooking Pot in the tools section of the camp fire, in the upper right corner

Step 3: Use empty jars on an open water source such as a river or lake to acquire Jars of Murky Water

Step 4: Go to the campfire and create Purified Water to drink

The snowball option is just an alternate method for those who have access to snow.

That's what we're saying, you CAN do that.

Step 1: Build a campfire, fill it with something for fuel like wood.

Step 2: Place a Cooking Pot in the tools section of the camp fire, in the upper right corner

Step 3: Use empty jars on an open water source such as a river or lake to acquire Jars of Murky Water

Step 4: Go to the campfire and create Purified Water to drink

The snowball option is just an alternate method for those who have access to snow.

^this guy is 100% correct, you have the option to make water from dirty water from the very moment you spawn into the game (have the recipe) so once you have a cooking pot and a campfire you can make clean water

You don't even need the cooking pot anymore.

A jar of murky water takes 40 seconds in a campfire without a cooking pot.

It takes 10 seconds with a cooking pot.

Yeah he's on console though. He made another console question earlier today. Console versions are way back in A15 lol

• 11 months later...
On 10/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, Jugginator said:

I think he's new to the game and forums. I do remember the recipe for drinking water (on console version) having the one requiring snowballs at the top of the list or something, which may be the cause for brief confusion.

the console version is still a thing?
It seems like developers forget about it long ago

Archived