Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

You are thinking of A17. A18 has 0 craft xp.

Well crafting the ore bundles definitely grants a ton of XP that has diminishing returns lol, try it out and craft some. They only have DR on each ore type, so once you hit low XP on one you can do another for big XP. (e.g., coal, nitrate, iron, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

LOL nobody noticed. I've been waiting for the no crafting xp ♥♥♥♥ storm for 6 months now and it never came.

Oh I noticed but I was happy with the change lol. I think some things grant a little xp, but it goes away. Don't really care for getting too much easy XP though.

Crafting bundles totally gives us XP and we get diminishing returns. At least 2 people on my server were getting XP from crafting rock bundles. And I believe I have received xp for crafting things in my inventory but cannot verify that that is what actually gave me the xp.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?131071-Bundles-should-give-no-xp&highlight=bundle

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?133391-Crafting-small-stone-bundles-give-way-to-much-xp&highlight=Bundle

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?129574-Unintended-experience-gain&highlight=Bundle

Crafting bundles totally gives us XP and we get diminishing returns. At least 2 people on my server were getting XP from crafting rock bundles. And I believe I have received xp for crafting things in my inventory but cannot verify that that is what actually gave me the xp.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?131071-Bundles-should-give-no-xp&highlight=bundle

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?133391-Crafting-small-stone-bundles-give-way-to-much-xp&highlight=Bundle

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?129574-Unintended-experience-gain&highlight=Bundle

Yeah crafting bundles net a hilarious amount of XP, I figured it was known by the team and would be patched, but alas it's still there lol.

LOL nobody noticed. I've been waiting for the no crafting xp ♥♥♥♥ storm for 6 months now and it never came.

I noticed, I just didn't really mind as it was a very minor source of exp anyway, that I didn't really miss it myself when it went away. The bundles though give 20k exp+ the first time you craft them in 18.1 anyway, Don't think I got the books in 18.2 yet to do it. Assuming they don't regain their craft xp value its probably fine as is, the first few you make will give some good exp, but after that? you get nothing anymore.

Are you sure it actually changed your view? Because I tried it multiple times in the 18.2 b5 exp branch and the command takes (saying it changed it to x value) but my screen stays the same. Maybe it was patched before live or could be a bug.

Update: Just tried in stable and it works again.

Update #2: Weird; when changing to a bunch of different values they sometimes don't work. For example change it to 90, then 100, can't change it back to 90, but 80 works, etc. Idk

100 should clamp it to 90, so changing back to 90 should not do anything since it was already 90.

Something old, something new, coming sometime to you........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30841[/ATTACH]

Not going to lie I expected a picture of the behemoth or zipline haha.

Sounds good! I don't ever adjust FOV but it seems quite a few do/would be happy.

I felt nauseous just looking at some of the jacked up FOV some of you posted but if it works for you then that's good.

100 should clamp it to 90, so changing back to 90 should not do anything since it was already 90.

Oh ok, thought I was losing my marbles.

Something old, something new, coming sometime to you........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30841[/ATTACH]

Oh thank God.

I noticed, I just didn't really mind as it was a very minor source of exp anyway, that I didn't really miss it myself when it went away. The bundles though give 20k exp+ the first time you craft them in 18.1 anyway, Don't think I got the books in 18.2 yet to do it. Assuming they don't regain their craft xp value its probably fine as is, the first few you make will give some good exp, but after that? you get nothing anymore.

Well you can craft each one about 5 times or so before they become 0 xp. And I don't know if the xp resets if you simply wait a while. or if you simple bundle each one in a unique order so they repeat as far away from themselves as possible. But there are a decent amount of bundles and I dont think the book was intended to give you so much xp considering the simple bundling itself is a useful feature.

Not sure what you are talking about. Crafting doesn't give any xp at all on anything. When you open the bundle it says 6000 coal or whatever bundle you opened.. not 6000 XP.

If you upgrade from 18.1 to 18.2, then bundles do give experience. I've reported this early on 18.2 experimental, but since it only happens on an existing world, it can't be reproduced on a new 18.2 world and was closed.

Here's video evidence that if you upgrade from 18.1 to 18.2, you can get XP by crafting bundles (stone bundle, anyway -- I didn't check others).

Thanks for checking. Too bad it didn't demonstrate the diminishing returns. If there is no diminishing returns, then the fact that you can repeat this over and over is an even worse problem.

You know how there are speed settings and block damage percentage and all that?

I wish all of these settings had one more option... "progressive". Even the main difficulty setting could have a progressive option.

Right now, it doesn't take very long for the blood moon mechanic to become a grind in order to keep up with the ammo and the repairs. It varies game to game a little, but there is this moment where you know it's starting. With progressive settings, run speed, block damage, etc can gradually climb up along with your gamestage. The grind would still be there obviously, but it wouldn't feel like a slap in the face. It would be more gradual. When these settings should reach their max value, I am unsure... probably around the same time where the leveling xp requirement is capped.

I've been playing dead is dead, nomadic games with slower zombies at nomad difficulty because I needed a break from having a base to maintain. I set the zombie speed to jog, 10 minute days with 64 BM zombies, daily BM, max night time. I have self-imposed rules that I must fight the BM outside and I'm not allowed to use vehicles at all, not allowed to make bases or use POIs as a base or even for storage. It's weird, but a lot of fun.

Anyway, having this feature for a game like this would also be amazing. I could set things to progressive so that the zombies start out slow and weak to give me a chance. But then, as I build my character up, they are building up too. It would extend the survival part of the game.

That would make spear finding a lot harder, and I don't even know if projectiles can penetrate, it might be limited to ray cast weapons. I don't have any reason to believe spears need a buff, I had no problem with them if used as intended.

It's primarily the basic attack that I would envision added to, since if I were a spear guy. I would open up with a power attack if possible, then mostly do basic attacks. I know for a fact in the instances I've tried a spear out it can and does ragdoll zombies, and being able to pierce through 1 zombie at least, would be a small buff.

Faatal, Madmole

is there a way to add a function to say the middle mouse button? reason I am asking is for junk turrets. they can be placed and that is nice, but the can also be hipfired. there is a thing about head shotting with junk turrets with the higher intel, but we have no way to aim with the junk turrret to do that.

edit: or can you in any way make it so we can aim with it? it is after all the intel tree's ranged weapon.

Just some pictures of a weird graphic bug. First time I have ever seen this in the game. Not sure what the deal is. Since my servers map is created by nitrogen I did not report it in the bug section. Thought it was weird and maybe someone else has an idea what this is?

251570-20191205112631-1.png251570-20191205112639-1.png251570-20191205112709-1.png251570-20191205112725-1.png

I had that happen in Navezgane in Diersville one time. I suspect my settings had somehow been downgraded to "potato" and those mis-textures were low-res placeholders. The ground was also really blocky and ugly as if it were all low-setting placeholders. The effect was limited to the town area. That was before alpha 18 experimental came out. I don't remember if it was an a17 experimental or stable that it happened in.

I had that happen in Navezgane in Diersville one time. I suspect my settings had somehow been downgraded to "potato" and those mis-textures were low-res placeholders. The ground was also really blocky and ugly as if it were all low-setting placeholders. The effect was limited to the town area. That was before alpha 18 experimental came out. I don't remember if it was an a17 experimental or stable that it happened in.

I thought more about it and I remember something like this happening in A15 or A16 I forget. Back then I had a program that cleaned out the ram in order to speed up the system. I found that if I used it while playing the game I guess it would delete some of the memory for the game out the ram. When I would travel a little the chunks would stop loading. The way I knew it happened was, blocks showing up over objects like trash and stuff. Just like in the pictures. I knew to log out close that program before I drove in a chunk that did not load and lose my bike lol.

Although This just happened out the blue and I did not need to restart nor the chunks fail to load, so it cannot be the same as what happened in A15/A16. Its weird and interesting. Sadly this is a bug I have no clue how to investigate, so thought it was just cool and weird. :)

Archived