Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

Nah... small safes are the perfect size for stacks of cash and dukes, gold, silver, diamonds. Ammo is ok, but kinda common these days for a safe unless it's special ammo. C'mon... I know it's not exactly fun work, but a separate loot group for small safes is in order here.

Agreed, small safes would be a perfect place for jewelry, treasure maps, quests, etc.

Don't expend all of your positive energy your time off has built for you.

Spears COULD use some work, in the form of a base bleed chance of 2-5% based on material tier for instance, and adding perkDeepCuts. Doesn't do a ton of alpha damage, but allows for an agile "stick and move" style of gameplay. Maybe add some AOE or Penetration effects to later levels of Javelin Master and you've got a nice tree there.

I don't think its awesome nor is it horrible, which are relative to what someone expects and their skill set. It could use something yet, but I find it very easy to keep zombies at bay when I use it. Its tedious compared to higher DPS weapons but it does work and you don't get a scratch most of the time compared to other weapons.

Agreed, small safes would be a perfect place for jewelry, treasure maps, quests, etc.

Agree with both of you on this. Last game before the server my friend had went all buggy and unplayable we barely found any treasure maps on like 3 out of around 10 people playing. Not saying they should be a dime a dozen but to have something for a better chance of finding them even if it was 3% chance would be okay in my book. But a small safe imo shouldn't have the same loot as a big safe. ;)

I will triple check it to be sure, but the last time I tried, whatever the biome had set seemed to override it.

It's almost as if POI's have a different set of rules somehow. Not sure if the sockets over ride that?

Make sure to use dirt not terrain filler which turns to whatever the splat map says it is texture wise.

I think the problem with the perk system is they are looking at it mostly from a Multiplayer perspective, in MP with other players you can specilize more, however in single player you have to do everything yourself, and there just is not enough points to go around. I force myself to go str and fort mainly till lv 60+, because those 2 stats offer the best weapons (Sledgehammer for melee, and mguns/shotguns for guns) and other must have perks. I never get anything in Intel, perception or agi. Perk wise, I get nerd glasses and get 1 in grase monkey for a early bike adv engineering 1 for the forge and the 20% craft speed increase, lockpicking 1 since that allows me to craft them, agi.. I usually take nothing in agi as there is nothing decent for 1 perk point. I also hate how they added perks that make crafting forge items cheaper, but to compensate they upped the crafting cost of virtually everything in a18, and to get it back down to a17 level you need to perk into it.

As to people complaining about the wrench, I usually never take any points in salvage ops, and by day 7 I have more parts than I know what to do with, there is lots of wrenchables in poi's. If you quest a lot you also get a refreshed poi you can wrench/loot everything again. I actually get most of my mechanical parts, electric parts, plastic, springs and iron pipes from inside poi's than I do from cars. In fact I only wrench cars if I need gas, a engine or a car battery.

Think long term, what will single player look like when the game goes gold.... think about it ;) maybe they are not just considering MP but instead laying ground work for that which is to come. :) or I'm wrong lol.

That makes sense . If they are weak and/or you don't like them don't use them. I will personally wait for serious buffs on many weapons in the coming versions.

Something offtopic though and actually infuriating which I only now realised while trying insane difficulty: ALL basic blocks that are customizable are missing something. The wood and iron frames are missing top wedges ,poles and 50/100 pillar variants while the cobblestone blocks seem to contain ALL of the above.

I am forced to play with cobblestone frames because wood and even iron frames are useless for basic defense building. Can you make all those blocks , INCLUDING the rebar frames, share the SAME block variants? It can't be that hard adding those models right?

Its not hard, its tedious, and would be throw away work with the plan we have to rectify it.

LBD is dead and that’s good. If you spend 22 levels you can Master a weapon. Seems logical. OR make some choices and be above average with a weapon (3 out of 5) at level 12. So good with one weapon with 10 points to use on whatever YOU want at lvl 22 just makes sense. Choice is better than some contrived BS LBD nonsense a developer has to map out. TFP have it right.

Can we get some more clay in the desert? It's basically impossible to forge, or build a structurally sound house, or do anything long-term there, really.

I think unique resources per biome is a good goal. Having to plan and work with what is available makes for better game play. Not everything needs to be convenient.

LBD is dead and that’s good. If you spend 22 levels you can Master a weapon. Seems logical. OR make some choices and be above average with a weapon (3 out of 5) at level 12. So good with one weapon with 10 points to use on whatever YOU want at lvl 22 just makes sense. Choice is better than some contrived BS LBD nonsense a developer has to map out. TFP have it right.

Amen... wait another mole? I like this guy already!

I think unique resources per biome is a good goal. Having to plan and work with what is available makes for better game play. Not everything needs to be convenient.

it doesn't have to be everywhere like nearly every biome

but it could be found in very small patches kinda like vein nodes but they aren't common

or found in small patches underground

Amen... wait another mole? I like this guy already!

great Now there are Two of them!

well it doesn't have to be everywhere like nearly every biome

but it could be found in very small patches kinda like vein nodes but they aren't common

or found in small patches underground

great Now there are Two of them!

It is really just one with some kind of split personality just in this case both agree on the same thing and to throw us all off in some kind of way..... jk jk ;)

Joel, to be fair, those games you are talking about have the option of a third person view. Narrow FOV motion sickness is almost always a first person problem.

To answer your question, personally, I find 90 FOV eliminates my nausea, and it doesn't have extreme fisheye. In fact, it looks pretty damn sexy.

I just thought of a way, maybe it'll work, that will force the FOV to stay as you select in console command. Its a long shot doubt it'll work but can't hurt to try.

FOV setting, it would seem I cannot change it via console command before joining and have it saved. It says it set it to 90 but when I took pictures for side by side comparison of various FOV settings I noticed nothing had changed. Did they lock FOV on dedicated servers in A18 now???

251570-20191203131326-1.png251570-20191203131544-1.png251570-20191203132301-1.png

EDIT: Just tried on single player. I think I have my FOV locked at 90. I guess what I was thinking would work, works and I had already done it and forgot lol. will test further but still wanting to know if its locked on dedicated servers to default setting in A18

It is really just one with some kind of split personality just in this case both agree on the same thing and to throw us all off in some kind of way..... jk jk ;)

Ah yes I am so needy of affirmation I need to create false accounts to edify myself :) I knew the brilliant minds here would figure out my scam.

It's simple.

Jawoodle is a wizard.

The real reason is that it would be a can of worms to have pistol users get almost 2x the amount of loot chances. That would be silly.

Or small safes would drop only parts/ammo, no weapons ever, and that would be boring.

You see his recent vehicle elevator. That was amazeballs. May copy that in a future build. Or use it as some type of fun trap...😂

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic

Archived