Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

It was a simple solution to some BS complaint about Demolishers. There are at least 4 million other solutions, but due to forum space and time it was spared. Steel bars are on the list, but we can't just give you them until more ranged attacks are in. You can build them back to back and have 5k, why is everything on us? Come on, you're better than that :)

Alright, valid point on building back to back. But if you'll recall, I've been pointing out the absolutely ABSURD numbers of Demolishers on low-level Horde Nights since A18 Experimental dropped. I mean, when you've got 4-5 Level 30ish guys and you get FORTY DEMOLISHERS, it's a bit excessive. To be told the solution is build a tower, instead of "well hey, maybe the game shouldn't be kicking the ♥♥♥♥ out of Day 28 players in quantity", especially when it's my preferred defensive style, stings a bit. Sorry for popping off like that. :)

So, I hesitate to suggest this, but I think the Art of Mining full-set bonus may be just a HAIR overpowered when combined with an Auger. I was just able to pull 34,000 lead with 7/7 Art of Mining, 4/5 Motherlode/Miner 69er, and Blackstrap Coffee in what would be just about one night on normal 60-minute days. It was not uncommon for me to hear triple-shot breaks where I one-shot 3 ores in a row (as far as I could tell). It probably works well and feels good with a steel pickaxe or maybe even an iron pickaxe, but the massive number of very small hits that an Auger does seems to really badly ramp up the rewards.

I would be delighted to be told that this is working as intended and will gladly carry on prepping all the materials we need for a horde night in less than three nights of mining, but I figured I should point it out, because it sure as heck feels like it's overpowered.

We're planning some gathering quests.

As I understand it, you are decreasing food loot tables, but honestly I dont think that is the best solution. IMHO food should be valuable trader item, as in zombie apocalypse is highly valued. Being able to trade it for more dukes would be nice, now it just sits in my crate never to be used. Late game I dont really care about wild life.

It would also open possibilities to live as a hunter/farmer - making lot of food and exchanging it for other resources.

What he means is instead of spending hours leveling only club skills, the new system allows you to choose wether using a club increases club skills or any other skill.

What he means is a combination of perks and LBD. Using a club will increase your club-level AND give XP for various perks. But you need club-level 3 to learn skull crasher which costs a levelup anyway, but it does not require any other skill which you have to invest skill points before.

But i understand that this is not a good solution, too. LBD should only learn when doing reasonable actions. With clubs this would be killing Zs. If you can slay on stone with a club and also level up because you "use a club", it's spamable again and therefore worthless.

Besides it would be personal skil in using clubs, not an item quality. It doesn't make your club better and you can then give a good club to someone else, it just improves your usage. That would require some sort of extra XP-Queue for every weapon type.

It made more sense ? But was fundamentally the same as now, you bought perks to magically get better. Ok, now that we have defined what LBD really is, you can finally be happy. You killed zombies, gained "progress" which was converted to buying a perk. Now you do the same thing. You kill zombies and gain "progress" and buy a perk with that economy. But I digress, some people loved to butt hump cacti to level their armor skills.

What happens when you reach 100 skill at clubs? You can't progress any more using your favorite weapon. The old system was too flawed yet people still talk about it :p

Solution: remove armor use as a LBD skill, once clubs are 100, it lets you kill zombies even faster to earn exp faster. Its more I hate the fact weapons are locked to stats, I find agility, int and hell perception mostly useless but I find pistol to be a decently versatile weapon, but its not worth spending all those points in agility just for handgun's when I got no use really for any of the other perks, action skills for each weapon type and mining tools with the perk(s) being based on hitting certan levels in the action skill for its weapon/mining tools would solve this problem. Still keep the stat system, just have weapons/mining tools based on action skills instead of locked to stats. For mining tools miner 69'er and motherload being based on what your mining skill is at. Perks unlock at 0, 20, 40, 60 then 80 skill. Crafting quality is still based on the perks level like in a18.

As for your thing about clubs how is that any different than A18? once you max the perk, you can't get any stronger with it, so that point is completly pointless as both systems end up that way, its just LBD makes more sense as you have to actually USE the weapon or tool to get good at it, instead of just put points into it and magically be good at it.

I just feel a hybrid of the 2 systems with action skills for weapons and mining tools (and their perks like miner 69'er, motherload, pummel pete etc), and the stat system for the rest of the perks would be overall the best system at least imo.

I just finished my first alpha 18 game. There's nothing wrong with it, I just want to try something different, and doing it from my current stage would feel like creative mode. So, instead, here are my thoughts.

First off, I started the game on the first experimental build, and played through to the current latest experimental build, with very few issues. I'm amazed by that. Congratulations.

Graphic settings maxed out, and aside from the inventory lag issues early on, the game never missed a beat. I'll grant that I have a very powerful computer, but this is the first time it felt[i/] very powerful when playing 7 Days to Die.

I played to day 140, 90 minutes days. Mostly standard settings otherwise. I did change some settings as the game went on, which I'll go over next.

I played with 8 max zombies for a while, then switched to 24 max zombies, and I also started at the default difficulty (Adventurer), then switched to Warrior because the game just felt absurdly easy.

At first I was a bit wary of the night, because of the comments about tougher zombies at night, but I had to spend a few nights ferrying loot between places in the first week, and decided there was absolutely nothing to fear about it. With the early roaming hordes being composed of animals, one couldn't even tell I was playing a zombie game as long as I didn't go inside a prefab. The game didn't offer any threat until much later, and, at that, only inside prefabs and at horde nights. I've died a total of three times in those 140 days: the first two throwing contact grenades that hit my own base, and the last one by falling and breaking my leg, while all sort of irradiated zombies were coming after me, on the Shamway Factory. I broke my leg because of a inventory management mistake, and even then I almost survived.

Next game I'm playing at Survivalist difficulty, and possibly always run zombies. I just won't go Insane because I find it tedious instead of dangerous.

Another setting I changed midway was XP, I think after day 84 horde, from default to 200%, because I was simply not gaining levels anymore. Once the XP ceiling was added, I reverted to default XP, and it felt just fine.

Finally, I changed from 7 days to 14 days between blood moons after day 84, because I wanted to spend time more leisurely, exploring prefabs, hunting chicken, doing cosmetic work on the base.

The lack of zombies in the world was seriously disappointing. It's a beautiful world, but not a dangerous one. It felt more like one of these stories where everyone in the world disappeared.

Speaking of beautiful, that does not apply to the burnt biome. I haven't spent much time there after the changes made to improve it's looks, but it was dreary. Not scary dreary, just boring dreary. By contrast -- and I took some screenshots from a gyrocopter showing the contrast -- the desert is magnificent.

Horde nights were fine. I hit Demolishers before they were moved later in the game every time, and I think they are taking too long now to show up on horde night. Now, I know MP players think blood moon hordes are too overpowered for their level, but I think it's the party gamestage that's too skewed against them. It was very disappointing that my horde nights were over once I died, even though I was still on the second wave in both cases. I like getting a short break after dying, I dislike that the horde was over. Instead of having an exciting challenge recovering my bag and resuming the fight, I just moved on to repair right away. But, again, other than that the blood moons were really nice. I like this AI better, too.

Sleepers were ok. A bit too empty for my tastes, but, in some cases, thankfully emptier than they used to be. The difficulty, once I went to warrior, seemed ok enough. I welcome the sleeper activation change. It feels like you finally got the right balance there. In some cases, however, it was easy to shoot at sleepers outside their activation range, unpunished. Prefab design issue, though.

Infection was a joke. I didn't put a single point in the fortitude tree, and I don't think I got infected more than three times in the whole game, and it was easily dealt with. I was honestly inviting infections, just so I could have a challenge on that front, to no avail.

I intended to do an Agility playthrough, but ended up splitting points between Perception and Intellect, for Lucky Looter, Daring Adventurer and Better Barter. Also put some points on spears, baton, turrets, animal tracker, and advanced engineering -- the latter for the crafting bonuses, and trap XP. Then, when I was about to go Agility, I got a mining crunch, and got Strength up to get Miner and Mother up to 4, and, because why not, Sex T as well. I finally got to increase Agility up to 5, then went Intellect 10 because I wanted solar power, and, finally, got Perception up to 7. I did respec twice. The first time, I discarded perks I didn't need anymore, like cardio and master chef. The second time I moved some perks back so I could get Intellect 10 faster, but I also discarded the baton skill. More on that later.

All in all, this is much better than alpha 17. I did a no-Intellect playthrough on alpha 17, and it was very disappointing. But Lucky Looter became much more relevant early game in alpha 18 than it was in alpha 17, and Better Barter/Daring Adventurer still keep me from skipping Intellect. Being forced to go Intellect 10 to get solar is particularly disappointing, though it's nothing new. I really wish some perks were no-attribute.

I love the spear. It disappeared twice, and I was recording one of the times, so I know for sure that it was not a matter of not finding it -- it fell through the world or something. After that, I got really wary of throwing the spear long distances, which took away some of the joy I had in it. But I still used it to the end.

I dislike the stun baton. I just couldn't fight half as effectively with it as with the spear, ever when I stopped power attacking with the spear.

The machete felt weak too. It felt a little bit off, like attacks that ought to hit the zombie were only doing grazing hits. I didn't put points in its perk, so I can't say much to it's effectiveness beyond that. I was also disappointed the machete was not included in the night stalker completion bonus.

The shotgun, particularly after the last changes, is absurdly op. And I don't have a single point in it, but it still outperforms the guns I have points on. And I hate the shotgun, and it's just not my style at all, and it still beat everything else. On a related note, the blunderbuss has the most satisfying sound effect, whereas the shotgun is just meh. I'd have their sound effects switched.

Pistol and magnum are ok. It irks me that the M60, the Sniper Rifle, the Shotgun, the Double Barrel Shotgun can all use a silencer, but the magnum cannot.

The compound bow was a big disappointment, particularly since I found it so much later than the compound crossbow. Then again, I'm biased against the crossbow. Don't get me wrong, I use it, but I just think it's too fast for a crossbow, and that the compound bow is too weak compared to it.

Once I started putting points in Agility and equipping the armor, stealth was very effective. Nice being able to do effective stealth runs again.

The vehicles were all nice, and I think the gas rebalance is on point. The motorcycle feels slightly slower than I'd like, but it's ok.

One quests got to tier 5, they got very boring. I took every quest below tier 5 I could, but there were not enough of those.

The sparse world is ok and the road grid feels better to me than any time before. Roads levels are still weird here and there -- I played PREGEN01, btw. Prefab distribution is far better than it used to be, and I enjoyed the revised prefabs I visited.

I used powered blocks in my base, and for the most part they were fine. I do wish I could select whether the door/drawbridge is supposed to open or close when powered. I love the garage door. It irked me a bit that the military base, which I took over, had a garage with 3x3 fake sliding garage doors, instead of 5x3 actual sliding garage doors. At least it was the right count to replace with 2 sliding garage doors.

Food was abundant, but I did put points in Animal Tracker, and I did try to hunt animals for the challenge quests, so I think it's fair that I had plenty food.

I'll talk a little bit about mods and issues below, but let me finish the overall evaluation with this. I stopped on day 141 not because there was nothing more to do, but because I wanted to experiment with a different concept. I had a LOT more to do, if I chose to continue. Since I started playing 7 Days to Die in alpha 15, I never got anywhere near that, unmodded. Alpha 18 is not perfect, but it's a superb game.

Most of the issues I had were fixed as I played. I didn't see the spear disappearance reported, but I don't have a way to reproduce it, so I haven't reported either. Electricity has its quirks. Battery banks will stop recharging if you spend extended time away from the base, but this has been the case in previous alphas as well. One thing that happened I hadn't seen before was for trip wires to simply stop working altogether, requiring me to rewire them, even though they took no damage. Every other issue I had I have reported.

I didn't play the game unmodded. Right at the beginning I got two mods: Khaine's Backpack Buttons, and Telric's Health Bars. Khaine's mod I put in because I was playing Ravenhearst up to alpha 18 experimental release, which had a similar feature, and I just couldn't live without it anymore. Telric's Health Bar I installed because I wanted to get a feel for how much damage the weapons were doing, how often I was doing grazing hits, etc.

Later, I created two modlets: Craftable Dyes and Repairable Tripwires. Craftable Dyes because my OCD wouldn't let me scrap dyes not knowing if I might want them later or not. Repairable Tripwires because re-wiring tripwires on my base was tedious, and it didn't seem fair I couldn't simply fix it, unlike all other electrical blocks. My modlet fixes tripwires with a new tripwire, so it's the same as replacing tripwires, but without rewiring.

At some point I added MeanCloud's Don't Use Up Water modlet, because I was using the infinite water trick anyway, so I decided I might as well simply stop "using up" water when filling empty jars.

Finally, by the end of the game I also installed elements of Red Eagle's UI. I like seeing elevation on the compass, I like knowing which direction I'm pointed at, instead of guessing it, I like knowing how thirsty I am without having to enter the character screen. At that point in the game, I thought there wasn't much more to be gained from playing with the default UI.

I thought of making a modlet to add a few craftable blocks, like pipes, the store window siding/corners, the electric "thing" used on walls here and there, mostly to fix stuff that got destroyed in the base, for looks. It was annoying that I couldn't craft the centered half block (it was annoying on alpha 17 as well, since it pairs well with the centered metal trussing), used on that base's wall, but I ended replacing it anyway, to make my moat more effective. There were some other blocks I couldn't craft there, mostly "half-something" blocks, like half plates on the base name at the entrance, or half inclines/wedges on the roof ends. And a cop destroyed the flag, which I could not replace either. If I had noticed it at the time, I'd have killed it with much prejudice. But I was never interested enough to do the work.

Wow - no there is not enough. or should I say I would not do anything to reduce the amount. I have some players who are always on deaths door and others who invest heavy into farming and feed the masses.

I am liking the balance ATM.

Feedback wise, currently I feel there is way to much food in loot on default loot settings, So much that I end up just scrapping it or eating it when I don't even need it as I just do not have the space to carry it. Unless its a food to make something better like Can of Salmon for fish taco's, or the chili for chili dogs, I always make space for those. I can see food from loot being an issue on servers, but then there is always vending machines in poi's or traders you can get some from usually. The vending machines restock daily usually. You can also take a trader quest, even a low tier one, and go to the poi to start the quest which resets it, so you can loot it again to check for food and such. pretty much every poi has multiple cabinets that very often have food in them on 100% default loot settings. Tier 1 buried supply quests are also a great source of food and the area you have to search for the chest is very small on the tier 1 version of it.

Overall I feel its far to easy to get tier 4-6 items in loot in a18. IMO by day 30 you should be lucky to find a t4-5 item in loot with super lucky to find a t6 even with maxxed lucky looter. Currently by day 14-18 I usually have nearly all t5-6 gear as its just to abundant in loot. Loot rebalance is coming I've seen mentioned, but thats part of the issue, the other issue is just its too easy to get high tier items in loot.

"Miner" would be a very good name for the strength tree, because ...

"Scavenger" is a very good name for the perception tree, because ...

"Tinkerer" for intelligence.

I just disagree that they are better than what we have, they are a small subset. Does a tinkerer practice medicine in your mind? No he works in a shop on.. stuff. Does a miner kick ass with a shotgun? No evidence of that IMO. Its best as is the current names can easily encapsulate all the current perks and future ones, yet "tinkerer" might sound cool but nobody would guess where doctor skills would be with that setup IMO, but anyone who played former RPGs with INT would just know, because it just works, TM.

Last post about this, no worries:

No solution is perfect. But people know what an attribute means and when it works, it works well. When it doesn't (cooking under strength), no argument or explanation will work because everyone knows what strength means. Yes, it still is a passable solution and everyone playing AD&D got used to charisma being the attribute for sorcerer.

With a profession like miner YOU have much more leeway and the power to define it to your liking. Your miner likes the shotgun. Your miner is good at cooking, because he always needed to cook for himself. You can personalize a class, but not an attribute.

Everyone will associate intelligence with a tinkerer, so he having doctor skills will not be surprising or far off. But if you eventually needs to move the doctor perk to strength, you can change the description text of tinkerer and miner and all will be well again. Because YOU define the class. And there are hundreds of professions and hobbies, if tinkerer doesn't fit anymore, get a different one that suits it better.

@Madmole:

Been gone camping for a week (in refreshing 35 degree weather in a tent) and I know you are balancing loot tables, but I've still yet to see the steel arrow schematic in several playthroughs now.

That means stealth playthrough might be nerfed too much because you simply can't do high enough damage with a bow after day 30 or so when zeds get tougher. Maybe its percentage chances of finding need to be increased? (Steel tool parts and schematic seem fine now.)

I'm also swimming in too much ammo and once you get silencers, you can pretty much just run through a quest poi with a silenced pistol. After horde night 28 I still have 8 stacks of 7.62 and 4 stacks of 9mm, with very little ammo crafting.

Vehicle progression feels good now, and not spending any points for vehicles is possible.

Also as far as future vehicle damage is concerned, I truly hate the bumpy terrain now, making off roading a pita. Having them take damage as well and constantly needing repairs might trigger a lot of casual players.

(Speaking of damage, the gyro seems to take a lot of landing damage and it always seems to need to be repaired.. maybe that can be reduced, its health increased or a shock absorber vehicle mod can be made for it?)

Traders still only seem to be pulling from a small percent of eligible pois for quests... that makes the number of different pois seems smaller than it actually is because you keep getting sent to the same pois over and over again.

Other than rwg and the affore mentioned repetitive quest location issues a18 feels tight

Oh! Also still never seen a demolisher in game.. not sure if I'm lucky or not.

I just disagree that they are better than what we have, they are a small subset. Does a tinkerer practice medicine in your mind? No he works in a shop on.. stuff. Does a miner kick ass with a shotgun? No evidence of that IMO. Its best as is the current names can easily encapsulate all the current perks and future ones, yet "tinkerer" might sound cool but nobody would guess where doctor skills would be with that setup IMO, but anyone who played former RPGs with INT would just know, because it just works, TM.

Ill pitch in, because I like the challenge.

Perception - Scavanger

Strength - Brute

Fortitude - Mountaineer

Agility - Stalker

Inteligence - Scholar

I honestly think a combination of the perk system you have now with LBD would be the best of both worlds.

And I honestly think your thinking is flawed. Lets see to raise your perception skill you have to aim down sights at least 500 hours. To raise your strength you have to find a pre war gym and watch your character do reps on various machines, and constantly be in a surplus of calories. To raise your intellect you have to collect a bunch of books with actual text and 500 pages, and flip through every page and answer a quiz at the end. To raise agility, yeah Oblivion had it right, you sneak for hours in real time by walking into a wall in the corner of a pub, and the other way would be to fall and break your leg repeatedly. If I haven't shown you the error of your LBD ways by now, I'll just show you the door instead.

I can only go by my playthrough and what I've seen content creators use. Can food has no negative effects and is plentiful. I have so much canned food stored up I haven't even touched any of the meat I've gotten from animals. I watch a lot of Games4kickz videos since A15 and this is the

First Alpha were he said he feels no need to farm.

If the hearty meal recipes gave a timed buff like the books did in A17, I think it would incentivize people to farm ingredients.

We are planning buffs for advanced meals. You must be playing solo with 300% loot or you just sit in your base and don't use any calories. I have to eat at least 6-10 cans a day to keep up with my action heavy play style which is sprinting/punching/mining non stop.

Alright, valid point on building back to back. But if you'll recall, I've been pointing out the absolutely ABSURD numbers of Demolishers on low-level Horde Nights since A18 Experimental dropped. I mean, when you've got 4-5 Level 30ish guys and you get FORTY DEMOLISHERS, it's a bit excessive. To be told the solution is build a tower, instead of "well hey, maybe the game shouldn't be kicking the ♥♥♥♥ out of Day 28 players in quantity", especially when it's my preferred defensive style, stings a bit. Sorry for popping off like that. :)

It is random. If we knee jerk and tone things down from everyone like you who comes in here with an outlier case then guess what? The game is too easy/boring/deleted. Its' fine, deal with it, we have given you 50000 ways to do it its up to you to discover the way that is the right combination of efficient/fun/rewarding to find it.

So, I hesitate to suggest this, but I think the Art of Mining full-set bonus may be just a HAIR overpowered when combined with an Auger. I was just able to pull 34,000 lead with 7/7 Art of Mining, 4/5 Motherlode/Miner 69er, and Blackstrap Coffee in what would be just about one night on normal 60-minute days. It was not uncommon for me to hear triple-shot breaks where I one-shot 3 ores in a row (as far as I could tell). It probably works well and feels good with a steel pickaxe or maybe even an iron pickaxe, but the massive number of very small hits that an Auger does seems to really badly ramp up the rewards.

I would be delighted to be told that this is working as intended and will gladly carry on prepping all the materials we need for a horde night in less than three nights of mining, but I figured I should point it out, because it sure as heck feels like it's overpowered.

Late game with 5k rounds needed, do you really want to spend ALL your spare time mining? You do need time to get brass.

As I understand it, you are decreasing food loot tables, but honestly I dont think that is the best solution. IMHO food should be valuable trader item, as in zombie apocalypse is highly valued. Being able to trade it for more dukes would be nice, now it just sits in my crate never to be used. Late game I dont really care about wild life.

It would also open possibilities to live as a hunter/farmer - making lot of food and exchanging it for other resources.

If we raise the price, it costs much more to buy and the early game guy starves and the late game farmer profits too much. We're not reducing food, we're reducing EVERYTHING.

... I find agility, int and hell perception mostly useless but I find pistol to be a decently versatile weapon, but its not worth spending all those points in agility just for handgun's when I got no use really for any of the other perks,...

Solution: Search for a good pistol, put only 1 or 2 points into the pistol perk and achieve about 80% of the damage potential of a fully specced agility player. The number is a very rough estimate assuming Gazz was correct about quality and attribute/perks giving roughly the same damage enhancement.

Solution: remove armor use as a LBD skill, once clubs are 100, it lets you kill zombies even faster to earn exp faster. Its more I hate the fact weapons are locked to stats, I find agility, int and hell perception mostly useless but I find pistol to be a decently versatile weapon, but its not worth spending all those points in agility just for handgun's when I got no use really for any of the other perks, action skills for each weapon type and mining tools with the perk(s) being based on hitting certan levels in the action skill for its weapon/mining tools would solve this problem. Still keep the stat system, just have weapons/mining tools based on action skills instead of locked to stats. For mining tools miner 69'er and motherload being based on what your mining skill is at. Perks unlock at 0, 20, 40, 60 then 80 skill. Crafting quality is still based on the perks level like in a18.

As for your thing about clubs how is that any different than A18? once you max the perk, you can't get any stronger with it, so that point is completly pointless as both systems end up that way, its just LBD makes more sense as you have to actually USE the weapon or tool to get good at it, instead of just put points into it and magically be good at it.

I just feel a hybrid of the 2 systems with action skills for weapons and mining tools (and their perks like miner 69'er, motherload, pummel pete etc), and the stat system for the rest of the perks would be overall the best system at least imo.

There is no such thing as EXP with LBD. Once your attribute hits 10 you can no longer gain any "anything, xp, skill" from using a club. Skyrim has this same problem, which is why they switched to XP in Fallout. They semi solved it in a patch with dragonborn where you can reset it to 15 and refund all your perks... to grind it up again, but yeah thats like bringing a plastic butter knife to a magical sword fight late game.

Sorry but we're not doing away with attributes or what they gate. An ala carte perk system has no flavor to it, no downsides, no reward its just pure sugar and gravy to appease 8 year olds.

Now enough LBD. We'll be handing out infractions for anyone who talks about this long dead horse.

Late game with 5k rounds needed, do you really want to spend ALL your spare time mining? You do need time to get brass.

Five, ten minutes mining (auger, all mining books) gets you 50k iron. 50k iron converted into turret ammo and sold to traders get you 50k brass (hearsay -- I haven't done it myself). It's not a lot of time investment.

Ummm how about no :) Take the roads to the trader quest as close as you can get, then walk the rest of the way, or tell the trader to shove it up his ass, or risk driving there off road. The choice is yours. I used to have 40" monster mudder truck so I know a bit about the topic. Take tools and be prepared to stall in deep water, etc.

Post apocalypse off roading is not the same as modern driving in the ditch a bit or through a farmers fields for the fun of it.

lol! I've gotten stuck in the sand in the desert, in a muddy trench and more.

Say delayed rather than stuck.

Some of the roads themselves need a bit of work too.

Deep water? Ok, if y'all take a wheeled vehicle in there, you deserve to get stuck.

Oh wait, there IS a vehicle that can go through the badlands. Gyrocopter.

Guess I'll have to work on getting one of those in the future, and figuring out the controls.

:)

(and yeah, the trader is gonna get some choice words in the future)

:)

so I like the Ore nodes but one thing noticed on an 8K make that with 10-40 players and past day 300 it is hard to find mineral nodes.

Any thoughts on how to deal with that?

Maybe a resource finder mod or trader quest I can purchase that allows me to get a mineral claim?

We don't support more than 8 players so I can't sympathize. I'd just look for holes in the ground or mining lids and raid their mines, or just dig down, literally there is ore everywhere.

@Madmole:

Been gone camping for a week (in refreshing 35 degree weather in a tent) and I know you are balancing loot tables, but I've still yet to see the steel arrow schematic in several playthroughs now.

That means stealth playthrough might be nerfed too much because you simply can't do high enough damage with a bow after day 30 or so when zeds get tougher. Maybe its percentage chances of finding need to be increased? (Steel tool parts and schematic seem fine now.)

I'm also swimming in too much ammo and once you get silencers, you can pretty much just run through a quest poi with a silenced pistol. After horde night 28 I still have 8 stacks of 7.62 and 4 stacks of 9mm, with very little ammo crafting.

Vehicle progression feels good now, and not spending any points for vehicles is possible.

Also as far as future vehicle damage is concerned, I truly hate the bumpy terrain now, making off roading a pita. Having them take damage as well and constantly needing repairs might trigger a lot of casual players.

(Speaking of damage, the gyro seems to take a lot of landing damage and it always seems to need to be repaired.. maybe that can be reduced, its health increased or a shock absorber vehicle mod can be made for it?)

Traders still only seem to be pulling from a small percent of eligible pois for quests... that makes the number of different pois seems smaller than it actually is because you keep getting sent to the same pois over and over again.

Other than rwg and the affore mentioned repetitive quest location issues a18 feels tight

Oh! Also still never seen a demolisher in game.. not sure if I'm lucky or not.

Vehicles need risk and downsides so we're willing to trigger lots of tears to introduce a proper damage/repair system which also solves blood moon driving exploits. You must be a horrible driver (no offense) to cause damage to the gyro, its so forgiving. Try Rust's gyro lol it takes a ton of practice to master but it is rewarding once you do.

Ill pitch in, because I like the challenge.

Perception - Scavanger

Strength - Brute

Fortitude - Mountaineer

Agility - Stalker

Inteligence - Scholar

Those are actually pretty good but we just sent of localization to 984 languages so we're not touching anything right now.

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic

Archived