Sign in to follow this  
Hated

Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Good update. Best games so far for me. Few sticking points that I think would make things better:

Would like more sources of rotten flesh as well. That is an odd bottleneck for farming. Seeds being a bottleneck feels right, rotten flesh not so much :D

Its actually not that bad if you focus on it. Plenty of PoIs have sources of rotten meat - medical army camp, hospital, grace farm, funeral home etc. You can encounter rotten meat on the road and also skin it from vultures, zombie dogs and zombie bears. I feel it is balanced now, you just need to know where to look.

I'm wondering if its not the heat map attracting therm, but the flickering light movement. Either MM or Fataal mentioned they are attracted to moving light.

Torches add to the heatmap whether they are visible to the zeds or not. Torches in an underground mine or in a completely enclosed room (no windows) would not be attracting zeds with flickering light but it sure does add to the heatmap and still attract them anyways.

The respawndelay never left, its still in the xmls and the dlls. They seem to have upped it to 21 days for friendly animals and 14 days for hostile ones. Kind of explains the empty worlds, since they die out the first hours they can spawns (since they are respawned when they go out range and die when they spawn as dummy).

Somewhat. Entitygroups.xml specifies for example "FriendlyAnimalsPlains" & "FriendlyAnimalsBurntForest", but those two show up nowhere in spawning.xml.

So do Plains & Burnt Forest not have any FriendlyAnimals at all?

So what file is the correct one, should there be animals or not.

I don't think any xp should be shared period, except for quests. Its already 10x easier having a buddy.

7DtD is a coop game. Of course XP should be shared in a coop game. Especially for kills.

Anything else would simply not be coop as now I'd have to 'fight' with my buddy over who gets the killing blow. Much fun, not.

Njugul

Think of entitygroups as what could be, or what was.

and entity spawning of what is presently.

Plains has been deprecated. and the line for friendly

animals has been remove from spawning, to remold the

this alphas spawning environnment.

Basically removing the line is a passive means to promote

player migration to more of the map for hunting, and set

a theme per biome.

The problem with this is that a bug can kill you and ♥♥♥♥ up your game.

It could. For you I would recommend that you take the respawning option when starting up the game.

I have already reported this bug, but it's now 2 for 2 for me. Died twice and there was no backpack at the location it gave. It said in the update that it fixed backpacks disappearing on slopes [if a player dies on a very steep incline the backpack can disappear]. The fix seems to have broken it for me. One other reported this, but I'm wondering if this is common for A18.1 b2?

7DtD is a coop game. Of course XP should be shared in a coop game. Especially for kills.

Anything else would simply not be coop as now I'd have to 'fight' with my buddy over who gets the killing blow. Much fun, not.

I agree completely. The problem now is how you get a rediculous amount of XP from upgrading blocks, and that's not shared.

So, now you go on a raid of a large POI full of cement, and you have to race against your buddy to see who can spend those resources upgrading your base first.

Totally disagree. First, 7 days to die is what you want: solo, coop, competitive. To cooperate is to share: to share time (one can build and the others can plunder, explore, mine), to share the loot, to share a space in the base.

It's easier to fight when you are in a group, even if the gamestage is higher. And it's fun to play with friends.

This should be enough. There was no sharing xp for a long time and it was a problem for no one. Shared XP is useless and makes the game as easy as possible.

It was me sharing my experience.

So every Major patch basically requres re-learning on how to play the game. It gets kinda frustrating.

Primivtive Bow now once again sucks, its extremely hard to judge were your arrow is going.

The Rage Mode is abnoxious make all forms of combat iritating. This is making me delete the game for now.

Melee Fights now sucks.

The iron Reinforced Club.... which was a basic weapon... now I need to put skill points in to Craft it? And I need to have a Forge To Craft it as well?

The Traders need to have some basic items guaranteed.... Stun Button Parts, Bow Parts for example... When you decided how you want to do your build, if you don't find them them by luck, your out of luck and you waist your skill points.

Absolutely loving A18!

Somewhat of a question, maybe feedback.

Is anyone else having FPS issues with the newer builds of A18 (i.e. stable) . I had decent FPS with the first Build in experimental, but the next exp build hurt my fps and I have been struggling to find just the right settings.

So every Major patch basically requres re-learning on how to play the game. It gets kinda frustrating.

Primivtive Bow now once again sucks, its extremely hard to judge were your arrow is going.

The Rage Mode is abnoxious make all forms of combat iritating. This is making me delete the game for now.

Melee Fights now sucks.

The iron Reinforced Club.... which was a basic weapon... now I need to put skill points in to Craft it? And I need to have a Forge To Craft it as well?

The Traders need to have some basic items guaranteed.... Stun Button Parts, Bow Parts for example... When you decided how you want to do your build, if you don't find them them by luck, your out of luck and you waist your skill points.

Bear grylls has message for you.

meme.jpg.364f3692b73aba418178343bad713043.jpg

From a player and analyst perspective. Here's a few ideas that would make the game feel more fair.

Weapons and perks:

- Either i'm unlucky or the COMPOUND CROSSBOW should be stronger than the IRON CROSSBOW

- The STAMINA REGEN PERK perk should be in the AGILITY skill tree

- SUBMACHINE GUNS should scale off AGILITY as NEW PERK

- Leg dismemberments should occur more often with machete power attacks or fire axes.

- DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN should have a longer barrel by default

- We need a faster sprint speed or movement speed perk.

AI and Zombies:

- Gamestage when playing with 2 other players is incredibly unbalanced, most of the zombies are radiated by day 7.

- Radiated zombies should have an indicator if they are healing or have their healing stopped.

- Radiated zombies should either have more health or regen health, not both. (Considering how many come)

- Demolishers normal attacks deal way too much block damage, either nerf the damage or their armor.

UI,Pacing and mechanics:

- The crafting times are too long considering the new gamestage (at least for multiplayer), it's unrewarding until you have all the items and time you need. They need to be faster (things like concrete, ammo and electric stuff).

- Considering it's basically a tower defense game, you should be able (like in A17) to pick back up YOUR electrical components.

- You should be able to rewire already existing lights.

Thanks for reading, if I see more stuff that need balancing as I play "I'll be back".

Also please fix the double barrel shotgun and mp5 reload animations (they dont actual visually load anything).

Or I go and play other games in my Library, and stop trying to convince my friends to buy this game to play with me and wait till they polish it. Melee is too weak now and not practical.

another suggestion: could we please have some extra things like the forge has because I feel that the chem station doesn't make things fast enough like gunpowder in a17 was like 10 every 5 seconds now its like 4 every 10 seconds may there be something like an advanced chem kit in the future? or maybe a next tier chem station?

The right perks make crafting time quicker.

A18 is: Smoother, better, more streamlined, easier, more boring, way more not fun, and even way more I dont even care anymore.

Aim for the noobs if you want I'm out.

Totally disagree. First, 7 days to die is what you want: solo, coop, competitive. To cooperate is to share: to share time (one can build and the others can plunder, explore, mine), to share the loot, to share a space in the base.

It's easier to fight when you are in a group, even if the gamestage is higher. And it's fun to play with friends.

This should be enough. There was no sharing xp for a long time and it was a problem for no one. Shared XP is useless and makes the game as easy as possible.

It was me sharing my experience.

there was no xp for the majority of that time either, let alone perks.

if we didn't have shared xp i would end up level 70 before the second half even reached level 10.

if i was playing with my brother, the only thing that would result is that we would trade kills which would get dull fast. what's the difference between that and having shared xp be split 50/50 instead? and how could you claim shared xp is OP if it was split 50/50, you end up with the same results. excluding the hassle of course. spend enough time micromanaging in this game already.

if the issue is someone sitting at base mining or whatnot while getting shared xp then the problem isn't the shared xp, its the ridiculous range. the range should be limited to the size of the largest poi's.

Edited by Zorlox (see edit history)

if i was playing with my brother, the only thing that would result is that we would trade kills which would get dull fast. what's the difference between that and having shared xp be split 50/50 instead? and how could you claim shared xp is OP if it was split 50/50, you end up with the same results.

I can answer that one.

In A17 it wasn't 50/50. It was like 80/80. That's what many called OP because it was.

In A18 it is still 55/55.

if the issue is someone sitting at base mining or whatnot while getting shared xp then the problem isn't the shared xp, its the ridiculous range. the range should be limited to the size of the largest poi's.

Yes. If you set the range to unlimited then I would see that as ridiculous, too. Your choice, though.

- The crafting times are too long considering the new gamestage (at least for multiplayer), it's unrewarding until you have all the items and time you need. They need to be faster (things like concrete, ammo and electric stuff).

- Considering it's basically a tower defense game, you should be able (like in A17) to pick back up YOUR electrical components.

- You should be able to rewire already existing lights.

Yes, good call. That's why there are perks for faster crafting time and forge mods.

And also yes - that's why you can pick your electrical components back up and rewire them.

Or I go and play other games in my Library, and stop trying to convince my friends to buy this game to play with me and wait till they polish it. Melee is too weak now and not practical.

Change is hard. See if it grows on you.

Based on the responses from A18, the changes appear to be well received by the majority. So there is a good chance you will to if you approach it with an open mind. If not, move onto to something else and check back in again once the game goes gold.

I can answer that one.

In A17 it wasn't 50/50. It was like 80/80. That's what many called OP because it was.

In A18 it is still 55/55.

Yes. If you set the range to unlimited then I would see that as ridiculous, too. Your choice, though.

how is it with 3 people? still 55/55/55? or it drop to something like 35/35/35? which it should imo. i only play in groups of 2

well, mmorpgs tend to do something like 50/50 then 35/35/35 then 30/30/30/30. to take into account the extra time spend traveling between kills.(don't think its necessary in this game. i'd be happy with 100% split evenly with entire group).

anyways, if groups of 3+ are still getting 55% of the original xp then there's something off and it needs tweaking. otherwise i'm not sure how its more xp and overpowered in any way. might as well remove MP if we don't want people having the benefits of playing with others, which usually results in easier games unless you're playing with my wife anyways.

Edited by Zorlox (see edit history)

Yes, good call. That's why there are perks for faster crafting time and forge mods.

And also yes - that's why you can pick your electrical components back up and rewire them.

You can pick them back up? Need land claim?

Yes, just like in A17.

how is it with 3 people? still 55/55/55? or it drop to something like 35/35/35? which it should imo. i only play in groups of 2

You gain MORE total experience when in a group.

What does NOT happen in A18 is that every kill is worth op to 300% XP while in a group. The function was simply a bit... generous.

Yes, just like in A17.

You gain MORE total experience when in a group.

What does NOT happen in A18 is that every kill is worth op to 300% XP while in a group. The function was simply a bit... generous.

ah ok, thank you. i never did the math and don't pay so much attention to xp, except to make sure the zed is ded. never even noticed the difference between 17 and 18. all the fuss got me curious. seems fine to me as is, at least for 2 player groups.

there was no xp for the majority of that time either, let alone perks.

if we didn't have shared xp i would end up level 70 before the second half even reached level 10.

if i was playing with my brother, the only thing that would result is that we would trade kills which would get dull fast. what's the difference between that and having shared xp be split 50/50 instead? and how could you claim shared xp is OP if it was split 50/50, you end up with the same results. excluding the hassle of course. spend enough time micromanaging in this game already.

Yes, sorry, I wasn't very accurate : when I speak about shared XP, I mean it the way it was handled in A17. The bonus that was given at the same time made nos sense for me. According to Gazz' answer, sounds like it has been corrected (but not enough, if I understand it correctly).

Shared Xp without bonus don't bother me at all : if people are doing similar thing at the same time, it even sounds logical.