Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

you want to talk about making sense? It doesnt make any sense that the AK M60 Hunting Rifle (single shot r700) and Marksman rifle (AR10?) all share the same round.

It is possible to have an AR15 chambered in 7.62x39 however this one is not modeled like that. the 7.62mm in game seems to be a .308win/7.62x51mm Nato. the AK is clearly modeled as a 7.62x39 gun. Sooooo don't talk about making sense.

I have been talking about this and complaining about it for years that guns in this game need some love. The dev team needs some range time. Come to SC and I will take you to the range and show you how guns actually work look and feel.

By 18 years old I had fired musket rifles, bb guns, 10 gauge, 12 and 20 gauge shotguns, .22 revolvers, rifles both single shot and semi auto, pipe bombs, 38 special, .308 rifle, 357 mag, 44 mag, M16, M60, .45 pistol, grenades, rocket launchers, claymore mines, bows and compound bows and even those 8' long blow darts. That said, we have limited staff and our gun play has improved a ton, and will improve more but getting it to AAA quality is not possible given all the other things we do, and I'm ok with that.

I always thought the FOV slider was removed due to the clipping exploit (although limiting the FOV will never stop it from happening)...... *shruggs*

I guess my assumption was incorrect...

I'm sure there were several factors, I list what comes to mind not all the facts :)

Its streamlining for the sake of simplicity. Nothing more.

Wrong. We take a lot into consideration when streamlining. How rewarding is the recipe? How many times will I use this item? Does this item warrant a recipe and or inventory slot and does it add or take away from the looting experience when I find this instead of x, y or z? Is it just a sharp stick? Is it easy to learn and follow other conventions in the game? Probably more than that, this is just a rough guideline on some of the thought process that goes into things.

I think to balance out that perk reset elixir you can buy @ trader, it not only should reset your points but also add the max xp penalty. To make sure a player truly understands what they're getting.

Should lose all your books too, if its a true mind wipe.

Heat in iron ore and lead ore still needs to be balanced.

Continuous use of the pickaxe increases the heat to a maximum of 80%. Therefore no screamers are to be expected.

However, if you mine iron ore or lead ore then the heat quickly rises above 100% as each hit to the iron/lead ore further increases the heat. With stone, nitrate and coal one does not have the problem.

Banging on Metal is loud af compared to porous rocks.

It does allow you to potentially carry a few more useful items. I want to either make a few more uses from low use ingredients or nuke them, so you can carry more stuff that is useful or valuable (one more gun to sell, etc). Like acid is cool, but needs a few more uses IMO.

Make rotten flesh with acid and fresh meat?

Wrong. We take a lot into consideration when streamlining. How rewarding is the recipe? How many times will I use this item? Does this item warrant a recipe and or inventory slot and does it add or take away from the looting experience when I find this instead of x, y or z? Is it just a sharp stick? Is it easy to learn and follow other conventions in the game? Probably more than that, this is just a rough guideline on some of the thought process that goes into things.

Burning barrels and insulators are sharp sticks. A burning barrel can be gas cans to make the Chemical Station. An insulator is an electrical part. My previous comment got lost in the depths of the Sunday craze, so I repeat miself again :).

Agreed. We could have a Lockpick Gun that loses durability on each fail craftable at perk x. This would minimise stopping the pick at a fail and just chewup some of the gun. That way the rate of success can be drecreased without stopping the flow of lockpicking for those that perk into it, or find one. just pausing the lockpicking for a second with a loud "clack" noise.

Overthinking it?

Yes we'll fix the bug and it will be fine once balanced.

What are spawn masks?

Imagine a circular blob shape around a POI or town, that says spawning is denser here than in the wild, or ones in the wild that are even less spawny.. why should a big farm crop field have any zeds at all in it? Just examples, nothing final there. Maybe it would be a gradient towards the center, so a town gets more popular at the center of the circle and is dead towards the outside. Then you might cruise in and think this isn't so bad... oh ♥♥♥♥ turn around NOW!!!!

What if 20% of cars are locked and you gotta lock pick them to get better loot than what you would find in an unlocked car?

The framework for locked stuff doesn't work like that I don't think, plus you can just bust a window out so it doesn't make sense to use this design for that. This is a small container, like med case where if you smashed it you could break the meds inside.

Burning barrels and insulators are sharp sticks. A burning barrel can be gas cans to make te Chemical Station. An insulator is an electrical part. My previous comment got lost in the depths of the Sunday craze, so I repeat miself again :).

I saw it and noted already. You know at least 10 people will cry with the removal of crafting the burning barrel. Can add to trader buy though.

I saw it and noted already. You know at least 10 people will cry with the removal of crafting the burning barrel. Can add to trader buy though.

Now that you mention it, it is tricky. Is it like a torch or is it a decorative element that can be added to the "misc" block? I think it should remain as a "furniture/misc" kind-off block , not as a recipe ingredient, because using a bit of gas and plastics instead is believable enough in the long run (for crafting the station) . 2 beakers are the real gate anyway.

Schematics for furniture/misc objects are also cool for further awesomeness.

Is the Burning barrel as a misc block that provides light extremely unbalanced ? Well that's the reason why I ask for misc objects schematics.

Edit: The schematics would be unlocking each item in the selector separately, like unlocking paint tiles for the paint brush.

<snip>

Personally I love most of what The Fun Pimps do when in comes to this game...but....more quests before bandits please.

*tokes up and sits back thinking* I change my mind. If there are bandits, that would open the window to a lot more possibilities for new quest designs and greater variety of them. I'm down for bandits to come before additional quests are added or not, both ways work for me.

tenor.gif

Archived