Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

Veteran here. I know plenty of active-duty military who couldn't tell which end of the rifle the bullet comes from without a drill sergeant yelling down their throat.

Not to mention the entire military are trained in the use of ONE weapon. We don't get the Call of Duty loadouts nor the training to go outside of an M16 and MAYBE a SAW.

But then I was in Intelligence.

I'm a veteran as well, June 2006-Dec 2010. If a soldier has a drill sgt chewing out there ass then that would mean that soldier is still in basic training or AIT. so it would not surprise me that a soldier in training knows very little about weapons..... the entire military is trained in one weapon....what...? hahahahaa :/

Honestly does not sound like you have been in but then again, as you said you were in intelligence....lol.

Lots of my friends that worked in S-2 knew very little about weapons or military vehicles...i guess you Intelligence guys do not get much training at all, but i still love all of you. :)

I would like to see your DD214

PS: if you would like to hit me back up please PM me as this is going off topic.

Ahhhhh nothing better than being Army stationed on an Air Force base. ;-P

Kadena-Airbase-Copy.jpg

Honestly I wish they'd just remove weather survival, it honestly doesn't add anything noteworthy to the game other than an annoying as f*** overlay thats always on screen. Not to mention its still pretty busted, games I notice generally fail at weather survival elements IF they try to do both hot and cold. If its just one type you need to worry about, either hot, or cold (but not both) it generally can work out fine. Granted the system in a17/18 is better than it was in a16, I just dispise the overlays, I wish I could shut them off, especially the damn heat one, as I often get that even in the forest thats right beside a damn snow biome.

One solution though would be allowing the heat/cold resist mods to go into clothing items, most people use the coat, shirt and pants slots, so that'd be +15 hot or cold resist, be even better if each had 2 slots so you can use both, then again that'd not make sense for certan clothing. Like the puffer coat should only be able to take the cold resist mod. While something like the leather duster/BDU top+pants/Goth Pants could take both cold and hot.

Weather pretty much is borked. Another way they it could be fixed is if the heat/cold tolerance was more "lenient"? Like' I've noticed that to have complete protection from weather, one would have to get 50 in both cold/heat resist. What I would rather have is the "Well Insulated" perk instead of adding base insulation. It should instead lower the amount of heat/cold resist needed, down. And I agree with having those mods only be installable into clothing.

Lots of my friends that worked in S-2 knew very little about weapons or military vehicles...i guess you Intelligence guys do not get much training at all, but i still love all of you. :)

No we don't. Outside of qualification, you know how many days we did any sort of combat or weapons-related training? Zero. (Big Army, not AIT, in AIT I think we had one day of training outside of computer BS lol). Also stationed at AF bases, and Army. Moved around a couple time CONUS and Hawaii.

No we don't. Outside of qualification, you know how many days we did any sort of combat or weapons-related training? Zero. (Big Army, not AIT, in AIT I think we had one day of training outside of computer BS lol). Also stationed at AF bases, and Army. Moved around a couple time CONUS and Hawaii.

I was doubting you served but those doubts have been alleviated. *fist bump* :)

tenor.gif

Gun nuts will do their thing. That's one of the constants in life. Just nod and smile. =)

That all the rifles fire a "7.62mm" caliber is as close as it gets in a computer game. Note that we never specify if that's "x51" or "x39". =)

At the engagement ranges in this game it's also completely irrelevant.

Someone suggested re-chambering all the rifles in 5.56 but... the marksman rifle (looks like a G3 variant) and an M60 firing 5.56? This is some multiverse Earth-2 talk.

The weapon models were picked and created by artists.

The MP5SD model was obviously picked oblivious of the fact that it has an integrated suppressor. I guess it was "a cool looking SMG". Now you get to attach a "silencer" to an MP5SD. Because reasons.

It was then put into the game as firing a 10mm round. (my guess: because Fallout makes that a thing)

So to anyone unhappy over the state of gun nuttery in 7D2D: Smile and be happy. It could be worse.

Heat in iron ore and lead ore still needs to be balanced.

Continuous use of the pickaxe increases the heat to a maximum of 80%. Therefore no screamers are to be expected.

However, if you mine iron ore or lead ore then the heat quickly rises above 100% as each hit to the iron/lead ore further increases the heat. With stone, nitrate and coal one does not have the problem.

The problem with interactive lockpicking is that you can do it with zero character skill. It's too dependent on player skill.

You mean like shooting, or better said aiming? We need skills for that, it should not depend on the players skill.

The Fallout 3 example is also supported by skills. If i remember it correctly the skill was called "lockpicking". Surprise, Surprise.

You need to find the correct angle for the lockpick to be able to rotate the cylinder and the lockpick has "hitpoints" which deplete with every try to rotate the cylinder. Without any skill the lockpick angle is so small that it's nearly impossible to find it without breaking the lockpick earlier. With better skill the angle becomes wider and the lockpick becomes more HP, so it's easier to find the angle and you have more tries due to the higher HP.

That's not at all only dependend on the player skill.

Is Alpha 18 the final Alpha before Beta/Gold? Up until Alpha 18, there has always been the next Alpha thread started with in a day or two of the previous Alpha release.

Nope. At least 2 more.. There is NPCs and bandits coming, and also the main questline and Navezgane boss... For main features. So that will probably be done over 2 Builds, each accompanied by a score of more secondary features, items etc.

Please make the trash hold for hunger/thirst 50 instead of 50%. It is so annoying to become thirsty/hungry at an increasing rate. Makes no sense at all.

That's because you are going off the false assumption that you become thirsty/hungry at an increasing rate (as you gain levels).

Please make the trash hold for hunger/thirst 50 instead of 50%. It is so annoying to become thirsty/hungry at an increasing rate. Makes no sense at all.

Think you mean threshold? :)

Is the threshold 50%? It seems I start taking max stam damage much sooner - like 99%. That doesn't make sense. If anything you should feel sluggish with a full belly, not striving for it all the time.

If we're on the same page, then I agree with ya - I think making max stam damage only happen once you are down to 50 points (not percent) would be smarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. At least 2 more.. There is NPCs and bandits coming, and also the main questline and Navezgane boss... For main features. So that will probably be done over 2 Builds, each accompanied by a score of more secondary features, items etc.

I got mixed feelings about bandits. Do you know if bandits were on the original road map?

Is the threshold 50%? It seems I start taking max stam damage much sooner - like 99%. That doesn't make sense. If anything you should feel sluggish with a full belly, not striving for it all the time.

If we're on the same page, then I agree with ya - I think making max stam damage only happen once you are down to 50 points (not percent) would be smarter.

- - - Updated - - -

I got mixed feelings about bandits. Do you know if bandits were on the original road map?

No...way too long since I seen that road map. I know NPCs and NPC controlled pois etc was there, but specific bandit talks have just been surfacing in the dev talks over the years, what I know of.

I feel ya. Its the one area of the game I fear may ruin it all but TFP have done an amazing job so far and things I doubted would work in the past they pulled off with flying colors so.....lets hope.

More than likely has always been on the road map since day 1. I cannot imagine something this big being thought up out of thin air one day.

As the devs have said in the past, we would be surprised how long something has been on the drawing board for. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Found it....haha, and ye. No specific mention of Bandits ( Aside from you can choose to be one in a 'Nomad" game mode. )

Annotation-2019-11-18-082044.png

Bandits have been on the road map since day 1 :)

lol... you get a bandit skin...That's not stating there are bandits in the game.

Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer - Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane.

The trailer talks about a gang controlled by the Duke of Navezgane. These are bandits.

Yes, but in the original roadmap, which the discussion was about, there is only mention of The Bandits, one of the PvP factions. You can play as a Human, a Bandit, or a Zombie. This is a coming game mode....As I understand it.

I swear some people you just cannot talk sense to. LOL... my lord.... *walks away laughing*

Perhaps learn to read the whole thing in context. That will save you a lot of embarrassing moments like this.

Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer - Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane.

Pledge $7,500 or more

THE BANDITS - Get a Bandit likeness of yourself in the game (Must submit a high res picture or yourself) + 2 VIP tickets to the launch party + 7 Days to Die T-Shirt + Character Poster + World Map + Name in the credits + Alpha + Beta + Finished Game + Kickstarter Backer Badge

<snip>

<snip>

"a human, a bandit or a zombie" ?

Are they saying bandits are not human? lol.

Ancient-Aliens-Meme-600x338.jpg

Yes, but in the original roadmap, which the discussion was about, there is only mention of The Bandits, one of the PvP factions. You can play as a Human, a Bandit, or a Zombie. This is a coming game mode....As I understand it.

Yes, but a faction without NPCs you can talk to is not a faction (not in any game I know of). Also you are probably misinterpreting the $7500 pledge. It doesn't mean a skin for yourself, it does mean an NPC is looking like you. Similar to some zombies already being modeled after backers, most notably the zombie who crouches (name escapes me, someone please help)

Yes, but a faction without NPCs you can talk to is not a faction (not in any game I know of). Also you are probably misinterpreting the $7500 pledge. It doesn't mean a skin for yourself, it does mean an NPC is looking like you. Similar to some zombies already being modeled after backers, most notably the one who crouches (name escapes me, someone please help)

Spider zombie modeled after Tom Clark....god I'm such a nerd when it comes to this games history and TFP company lol.

Yes, but a faction without NPCs you can talk to is not a faction (not in any game I know of). Also you are probably misinterpreting the $7500 pledge. It doesn't mean a skin for yourself, it does mean an NPC is looking like you. Similar to some zombies already being modeled after backers, most notably the zombie who crouches (name escapes me, someone please help)

Tom Clark, big backer is the spider zombie.

https://7daystodie.com/new-zombie-concept/

Cheers

I think, the guys understood that, before you add something, you need to bring to shine what is already available.

before the bandits, I would like to see new quests, balance.

I would like a new quests.

Type

1) bring some resources or items, get a reward for that.

2) deliver the item to a specific point. (trader to trader). in a certain time.

3) Repair a damaged communication transmitter. or road, bridge.

4) connect to the electricity, some block, poi on the map.

I think, the guys understood that, before you add something, you need to bring to shine what is already available.

before the bandits, I would like to see new quests, balance.

Generally yes, but in coding, not so much. If you polish now, the next thing you add might break that, and you have to code it all over again. That's why there is stages of development. Alpha - Add content. Beta - Polish/balance/optimize/bugs. This way you know everything you want to add to the game works well together, then you can focus on fine tuning it.

Archived