Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

Screamers calling screamers is a questionable tactic IMHO. Day 29 and level 9, I get a screamer. She screams and calls another screamer. Before I know it, I have 3 or 4 screamers and a dozen or more other zeds. Hmmmpf....minibike and GTFO!

Questionable tactic on the players part, if you arent ready for it.

If you are ready I love the option to create your own hordes, especially with zombies being more scarce than in some past alphas. (except horde nights)

There are workarounds to not get in that situation for the player.

I'm wondering if they over compensated for the lack of feathers in previous exp builds because I have over 500 feathers and found only 18 eggs.

I've been wondering through every A18 experimental. I use arrows all the time and I have had plenty of feathers to spare in every build. I can tell that the number of nests were lowered, and the amount of feathers aren't ridiculous like they once were, but it makes me wonder when I see all the posts complaining about the lack of feathers. I think the better textures are making people miss the nests. Even if, vultures are so common now. I don't get it.

Did they increase the count more from the first builds?

screamers

I don't know if this counts as balancing, but the harvesting animation for the knife seems extremely fast. I think it needs to be slowed down to how it used to be.

Loot feels like it's in a good place, I'm on day 10 and haven't found anything better than my yellow quality shotgun.

My apologies, this is feedback for experimental. I'll come back once I've played some stable.

first sorry for replying on this thread not sure where to send this if you can forward to right person i would appreciate it.

second adjust the darn heat map i just had 12 screamers in a row from 2 forges.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/763850685499238228/626A143BF0FB73255BF7123000081CAA4E64BB2B/

@Gazz warum funktionieren im creative menue die verschiedenen Bodenarten nicht mehr ? legst du Schnee auf Kies sieht er aus wie Kies . Zerschlنgst du das Abgelegte erhنlst du Schneebنlle. So ist es mit den anderen Bodenarten auch. Ich hatte MM angeschrieben nur scheint es mit dem ـbersetzen nicht so zu klappen.

ok dann Asphalt dem ist auch die falsche oder keine Oberflنche zugeordnet .Nach dem Ablegen sieht er aus wie der Untergrund. Ich habe alle Bodenarten versucht . Legt man sie auf beton ab sehen alle wie Grasboden aus.

bis 17.4 hat alles funktioniert

I believe that the bird nests should have more feathers and eggs. Eggs are really hard to get and with too many feathers is nothing wrong. They sell for so little and for those doing roleplaying need them feathers :)

There loads of feathers out there, plus if you dig up the nest as well after you have looted it you get even more.

This would be a great idea, certain place holders in each POI that could randomly contain the TREASURE LOOT. This way you couldn't zone in on the same location every time.

Once I get some free time (cannot right now due to school and job) I have a goal of making a tool for generating random PoIs. Essentially the path through it will be different every time and the loot placement will be aswell. In time I want to randomly generate hazards like mines, loose floors etc. However I dont think that old PoIs will be compatible with it, as you need to design them a bit differently for this randomization to work.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?119519-Dynamic-PoI

Correct. By day 6 I'm swimming in those (ok...120min days muliplayer). But unable to craft concrete out of cement unless you find or craft a mixer.

That negates the use of wood for base building.

I would not say this negates use of wood. Wood is the cheapest material, so you use it for parts of the base, that have no chance of being hit by zombies. With the amount of hit points wood has it is unusable for defense

I would not say this negates use of wood. Wood is the cheapest material, so you use it for parts of the base, that have no chance of being hit by zombies. With the amount of hit points wood has it is unusable for defense

Yeahh wood is a great starting material.

I use wood on a existing POI to make temporary base structures for my loot etc. Also to deal with the early blood moons. It may be just my playing style but I not even touched concrete yet.

Yeahh wood is a great starting material.

I use wood on a existing POI to make temporary base structures for my loot etc. Also to deal with the early blood moons. It may be just my playing style but I not even touched concrete yet.

Wood also upgrades to cobblestone, so it’s great if you prefer building with frames rather than blocks.

Did they increase the count more from the first builds?

Yes. As of b155 (I think?) they added a single guaranteed feather to nest loot. So before it was 1-5 feathers, it is now [1 feather] + [1-5 feathers], basically. There is a 50% chance of RNG choosing twice, so you can get feathers & eggs, or double feathers, or even two eggs and just the one guaranteed feather.

<lootgroup name="groupBirdNest" count="1,2">
<item name="foodEgg" prob="0.25"/>
<item name="resourceFeather" count="1,5" prob="0.75"/>
</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupBirdNestMain" count="all">
<item group="groupBirdNest"/>             [b]<-- randomized feathers and/or egg[/b]
<item name="resourceFeather" count="1"/>  [b]<-- guaranteed feather[/b]
</lootgroup>

Player Vending Machine Pricing

I'm passing along a note from one of the players on my server regarding pricing on player vending machines.

So, with some help with Ryan, I have discovered that better barter affects vending machine prices. So for me, with my maxed out better barter skill, the prices I set appear much, much lower for me than they do for anyone with a lower barter skill. The difference can be pretty massive. The profit I get is from the price the buyer sees

It's going to make pricing things much harder

TLDR: If you've perked up your trading skill, you can't set your personal vending machine prices as high. Vending machine prices should be based on global economy values.

Yes. As of b155 (I think?) they added a single guaranteed feather to nest loot. So before it was 1-5 feathers, it is now [1 feather] + [1-5 feathers], basically. There is a 50% chance of RNG choosing twice, so you can get feathers & eggs, or double feathers, or even two eggs and just the one guaranteed feather.

Thanks. I don't think that single guaranteed feather means that one could say, "they over compensated for the lack of feathers in previous exp builds".

I'm sticking with my original thoughts... some people are just bad at finding feathers.

Recent discovery I made, "Sprinting" while driving a vehicle consumes far, far more gas then just driving it normally. For about a 30% speed boost you consume about 5 times the gasoline, probably more. This is most likely a bug.

I'm pretty sure that's working as intended.

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic

Archived