Alpha 18 feedback and balancing thread

Hated

Any chance of xml dictated rage altering? The more things we can ♥♥♥♥ with and break means more use cases and problem definitions for the badass QA team. Keep up the awesome work, rockstar. :)

Probably. It will be some scaling system based on damage, but not a zombies max health.

Bow feature request: Please consider a bow mod or arrow type that causes less damage but high bleed? Love the bleed themed Agility spec but cant seem to get an attack rhythm going. Perhaps starting out at distance with bleed and closing with melee will create a synergy between bow and blade.

Another thought.. What if heavy knife attacks did not cause bleed. Rather, heavy knife attacks do damage based on how many bleeds already on a target. Light knife and bow attacks would build bleeds, then you go in with the heavy knife attack for the head splat.

Another thought.. What if heavy knife attacks did not cause bleed. Rather, heavy knife attacks do damage based on how many bleeds already on a target. Light knife and bow attacks would build bleeds, then you go in with the heavy knife attack for the head splat.

This idea sounds great to me! It would give a nice spin to the blunt weapon power attacks 'stun, then finish off with power attack' philosophy. I'd really enjoy using the knives like that. Imagine stacking lots of bleeds on a crowd of zombies and then finishing them all off with one power attack.

mp scaling is a bit too severe. day 14, 3 players, I was the highest level at 18, we had irradiated zombies and cops and a demolisher. at day 14. now that isnt enough time to get good enough gear for those, not when gear is split 3 ways. loot is also calculated on the single player gs while the horde is calculated on the party. so a big discrepancy there.

this is btw a different horde night than what I post in my forum page. so no recording.

edit. this was adventurer difficulty, was introducing 7dtd to a couple of friends. 3 peeps, 12 max alive

A lot of things are manufactured with unnecessary stuff and it's done purely to differentiate one product from another. Vehicles, houses, websites, food, you name it, everything has that. Yes, the new font might be more readable for some, but it's so basic, it feels like a generic font while the old one felt unique to the game with the boxy long rectangular shapes.

Maybe it's just me, because I've been modding the game for more than 4 years and playing it for more than 5 years and I have just gotten used to the old font, especially how the numbers look. The new one to me looks just bleh (important note - talking about how it looks not about readability and practicality, purely about aesthetics)

*shrugs* I think the new font is more aesthetically pleasing as well.

@Faatal

who handles gamestages calculations?

if you look on the screen to see your level and gamestage, then plug that into the formula in the xml, the numbers are off. especially in mp with the party calculations.

the formula is just straight forward math. there should be no dispute in the final result, but it doesnt match up.

does the day length play into this at all?

@Faatal

if you look on the screen to see your level and gamestage, then plug that into the formula in the xml, the numbers are off. especially in mp with the party calculations.

the formula is just straight forward math. there should be no dispute in the final result, but it doesnt match up.

Fataal will not be able to help you with anything or waste a lot of time if you don't give him details. It could be that you are doing something wrong or the game is, or the game is only doing it under specific circumstances.

So tell him your level, difficulty setting, number of days, any settings different from vanilla default, number of deaths, and the gamestage. And why you expect a different gamestage

Fataal will not be able to help you with anything or waste a lot of time if you don't give him details. It could be that you are doing something wrong or the game is, or the game is only doing it under specific circumstances.

So tell him your level, difficulty setting, number of days, any settings different from vanilla default, number of deaths, and the gamestage. And why you expect a different gamestage

from the xml

gameStage = (Player Level 10 + Days Survived 4 ) X Nomad Difficulty Multiplier 1.2

level 30 15 days max alive, difficulty 1.2. no deaths. should be 54, it is 52.

lvl 4, day 2, difficulty 1.2 should be gs 7, it is gs 8. again no deaths

the only change, 90 minute days

sometimes the gs is higher than expected, sometimes it is lower. this was in sp. in mp, at times the calculations are off by more than 10, per person. this becomes additive per each new person and severely ramps up horde night past what is expected.especially since each player gets a multplier on their gs before adding them together.

gs for mp seems to be

highest player gamestage (<lvl + max alive>*difficulty ) *1.7

then 2nd (<lvl + max alive>*difficulty ) *1.48

then 3rd (<lvl + max alive>*difficulty ) *1.26

so mistakes in the individual's GS get multiplied, then added together

by week 2, a party of 3 on adventurer, we had demolishers on day 14. highest level person was 18

edit: a15b3exp new game, not a carry over from 18.2

Unnecessary programming. Personally, I think the new font is more readable.

I Agree with Subquake +1, I have experience Modding many Modlet, Even new font is readable, This Dynamic font support only in current 13 languages, But you can not type message in chat game with different than 13 languages, Sample is no has Thai language or ASCII Char like emoji that's ok we not used this suck language or emo ascii in game cause game base on ENGLISH, But how about Steam player name ? Can we name Steam profile character or different language or set by emoji word ? cause when we set name like "ผมสบายดี" or "ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ !! IS" in game our name not show on tab Score bar, Unlike old font still unique compatible many language or emoji.

The bad thing is when stranger player connect in server and we don't know what his real name cause he set different word like "ดีดี" and not show name on tab score, How about if he try to raiding players or destroying base even we already have player logged, It so hard for us to catch thief.

@Faatal

It was always spot on for me. Are you taking the difficulty modifiers from gamestages.xml? Are you counting days survived -- that is, you have 1 day survived on day 2? Note as well that on events such as roaming hordes and blood moons the gamestage used for each player is logged, and you can check those as well.

It was always spot on for me. Are you taking the difficulty modifiers from gamestages.xml? Are you counting days survived -- that is, you have 1 day survived on day 2? Note as well that on events such as roaming hordes and blood moons the gamestage used for each player is logged, and you can check those as well.

read the next one after that

@Faatal

I don't recall looking at this code but here it is:

float daysAlive = Mathf.Clamp((float)((long)(world.worldTime - gameStageBornAtWorldTime) / WorldConstants.cTimePerDay), 0, Progression.Level);
float difficultyBonus = GameStats.GetFloat(EnumGameStats.GameDifficultyBonus);
return Mathf.FloorToInt(EffectManager.GetValue(PassiveEffects.GameStage, null, (Progression.Level + daysAlive) * difficultyBonus, this));

Since the exact time is used for days alive, you would need to know the day and time you last died. For a new game it starts at 0700.

When you die, gameStageBornAtWorldTime is moved forward by a max of 2 days time.

I don't recall looking at this code but here it is:

float daysAlive = Mathf.Clamp((float)((long)(world.worldTime - gameStageBornAtWorldTime) / WorldConstants.cTimePerDay), 0, Progression.Level);
float difficultyBonus = GameStats.GetFloat(EnumGameStats.GameDifficultyBonus);
return Mathf.FloorToInt(EffectManager.GetValue(PassiveEffects.GameStage, null, (Progression.Level + daysAlive) * difficultyBonus, this));

Since the exact time is used for days alive, you would need to know the day and time you last died. For a new game it starts at 0700.

When you die, gameStageBornAtWorldTime is moved forward by a max of 2 days time.

myself and a couple of other guys saw that, did the math, it wasnt adding up for some reason, and yes we counted it for the 24 hour period. I never died so that wasnt an issue

edit: ps, thanks for the code.

also, does day length matter for time? such as 12 hour days vs 18?

can we talk about food poison? we eat a single non canned food and get poisoned, so we need to eat to get out of this poison and recover, but you get poisoned again when you are trying to recover from first poison. This sucks. Im more afraid to eat than zombies

Does your finger ever get tired from pushing up your glasses and raising your hand in the front row of the class?

The devs are grown ups, they can determine what they will or won't answer on their own, they don't need your help.

- - - Updated - - -

can we talk about food poison? we eat a single non canned food and get poisoned, so we need to eat to get out of this poison and recover, but you *MIGHT* get poisoned again when you are trying to recover from first poison. This sucks. Im more afraid to eat than zombies

Fixed it for ya.

Fixed it for ya.

sorry, but you didnt. When you get poisoned you go to 20 or less stamina max, so you will need to eat like 10 or more food to recover depending on the recipe. If you dont get poisoned again it is call luck, because you will. We should have food recipes that doesnt give poison status or have some drink to avoid getting poisoned for a certain time.

Also is crazy that old garbage canned food has 0% chance of making you sick, but go through all the trouble of hunting, gardening, and cooking and you still have 4% chance of food poisoning. The canned should make you sick, not the fresh new meat you did cook, once we dont have food spoiling system.

I understand how the mechanic works, and I've yet to get stuck in this so called "food poisoning loop" once so it sounds like maybe all half-dozen of you that can't eat once without getting it are just unlucky.

That being said, yeah the canned goods being food of the gods is a very silly concept and I don't think diluting the vending machines with candy will be enough to counteract how prevalent and easily accessible it is.

I have once gotten food poisoning when trying to recover from food poisoning. It has not happened again in a long time, mostly because I take vitamins first, or maybe it's because I can cook much better foods.

As far as gameplay goes I think tinned food having no chance of food poisoning... it's a mechanic that fits well with TFPs trend of reward for risk/looting. Like MadMole said once, he wants most recipes to have one uncraftable ingredient to encourage continued looting.

Archived