MeanCloud's Mining A20 (with copper, zinc, and excavators)

psouza4

How do I use this with Nitrogen so it creates world with Zinc and Copper properly?

I am looking for the exact same information as vosszaa here. I'd love to be able to use this mod with a map generated by Nitrogen as the A18 RWG generates some pretty bland maps since they overhauled it.

I uploaded them to my drive until psousa4 will set up a link to the 18.0 files.

Just change the URL of my 1.02 version to 1.01 if you want 18.0 compatibility.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I use this with Nitrogen so it creates world with Zinc and Copper properly?

Shouldn't have to do anything special. I used nitrogen myself and it reads the game's biomes data to spawn subbiome prefabs.

I installed the Mod 1.02 on A18.1 B6 and i finde the ores, but there are no icons in the inventory, it only shows the number and when I do a mouseover it shows resourceZink or resourceCopper

Sounds like you didn't install the mod locally, you only installed it on the server. Scroll to the main post and read it again.

Our group has been using this mod and honestly we can't live without it now so thanks! Though I do have ONE request, can we have a new tool or something (maybe the Rock Crusher) that can break down all the blocks of land that we get like stone and fertile soil? It'd be a nice little way to score some sand.

Our group has been using this mod and honestly we can't live without it now so thanks!
Awesome, glad to hear!

Though I do have ONE request, can we have a new tool or something (maybe the Rock Crusher) that can break down all the blocks of land that we get like stone and fertile soil? It'd be a nice little way to score some sand.
With the sole exception of Asphalt, all of the blocks produced by the excavators can already be broken down in either the rock crusher or smelted in the forge.

put this in your prefablist.txt in the reource folder of nitrogen -

//deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,

//deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,

For this custom POI to load, it would need to be more like that: (custom zones in the newest version of NitroGen)

deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3

deco_zinc_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3

To increase its amount, you can do something like this: (duplicate the lines, to increase the chance to show up)

The last entry is a zone, you could also add this to another zone like:

deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3;downtown

to show up inside of cities

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

For this custom POI to load, it would need to be more like that: (custom zones in the newest version of NitroGen)

To increase its amount, you can do something like this: (duplicate the lines, to increase the chance to show up)

The last entry is a zone, you could also add this to another zone like:

deco_copper_vein,BIOMEONLY,2,-10,1,11,1,custom_outback_size_3;downtown

to show up inside of cities

Hmmm this worked for me lol. In previous versions of nitrogen. But ok thanks for the correction. I found zinc veins and all. But I have to say last play thru on latest nitrogen I haven't seen any

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Updated mod to v1.02.

A18.1 changed some of the probabilities of sub-biomes, which threw some warnings. While these warnings would not prevent the mod from working, it was causing the probability of copper and zinc ore to not spawn as frequently as it should.

Generate a new RWG game using v1.02 for a better distribution of ore. Keep in mind that zinc ore looks like potassium nitrate (they share appearance) and copper ore looks like lead ore (they also share appearance), since I'm not a 3D video game artist.

Fully tested with game version A18.1 b6.

My friend and I who normally drop in on each other's local games have just reverted to A18.0 stable (b155) because we got sick of the terrain resetting and taking our bases out that is happening with 18.1 stable - my local game is on a map that was generated with your mod v1.02, I presume I need to be running v 1.01 of the mod with a18b155 - will I need to generate a new map or will the map generated with 1.02 work with 1.01 ?

Cheers

Added the models for Copper and Zinc. The code for Blocks.xml is as follows.

<block name="oreCopperBoulder">

<property name="Extends" value="oreBoulderMaster"/>

<property name="Material" value="MoreMetal"/>

<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Metals.unity3d?Copper.prefab"/>

<!-- <property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/oreLeadBoulderPrefab"/> it'd be nice if we had a custom mesh and texture for copper boulders... they look like lead boulders right now -->

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceCopper" count="50" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>

</block>

<block name="oreZincBoulder">

<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Metals.unity3d?Zinc.prefab"/>

<!-- <property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/oreNitrateBoulderPrefab"/> it'd be nice if we had a custom mesh and texture for zinc boulders... they look like nitrate powder boulders right now -->

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceZinc" count="50" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>

</block>

The link to the "Resources/Metals.unity3d" file is here

https://github.com/DelStryker/Delmod/tree/master/For_MeanCloud_Mining

Peace.

Added the models for Copper and Zinc. The code for Blocks.xml is as follows.

<block name="oreCopperBoulder">

<property name="Material" value="MoreMetal"/>

<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Metals.unity3d?Copper.prefab"/>

<!-- <property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/oreLeadBoulderPrefab"/> it'd be nice if we had a custom mesh and texture for copper boulders... they look like lead boulders right now -->

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceCopper" count="50" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>

</block>

<block name="oreZincBoulder">

<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Metals.unity3d?Zinc.prefab"/>

<!-- <property name="Model" value="Entities/Resources/oreNitrateBoulderPrefab"/> it'd be nice if we had a custom mesh and texture for zinc boulders... they look like nitrate powder boulders right now -->

<drop event="Harvest" name="resourceZinc" count="50" tag="oreWoodHarvest"/>

</block>

The link to the "Resources/Metals.unity3d" file is here

https://github.com/DelStryker/Delmod/tree/master/For_MeanCloud_Mining

Peace.

I'll take a look at your models, thanks!

Are they custom-designed by you or are they licensed? How can they be legally redistributed?

(It looks like they may be from this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/yughues-free-rocks-13568 ?)

Edited by psouza4 (see edit history)

I'll take a look at your models, thanks!

Are they custom-designed by you or are they licensed? How can they be legally redistributed?

(It looks like they may be from this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/yughues-free-rocks-13568 ?)

Yes, they are from Yughues, I just re-textured them to look more like Copper and Zinc. They are free and can freely be used.

Updated mod to v1.03, which increases generation rate of copper and zinc boulders and uses Del_Stryker's models for copper and zinc. They look good, thanks Del_Stryker!

Right on, no worries. I just dig your mod alot and I find it super useful, and indispensable at this point. I just wanted to be able to see the different nodes as I drove around so I threw them together. Feel free to use them however you want.

Cheers,

Del