MeanCloud's Mining A20 (with copper, zinc, and excavators)

psouza4

Nice Modlet, good work. But unfortunally not compatible with smxui from Sirillion :(

Does his mod mess with the forge?

Yeah I see that he completely reskins the forge, among other stuff -- thus the point of his mod. And forcibly sets it back to 4 inputs. He'd need to allow 6 inputs or it'll crash.

Edited by psouza4 (see edit history)

Does his mod mess with the forge?

Yeah I see that he completely reskins the forge, among other stuff -- thus the point of his mod. And forcibly sets it back to 4 inputs. He'd need to allow 6 inputs or it'll crash.

can you rewrite yours for me so i can use the ui ?

I installed v1.01 into A18 stable and it works great, thank you ! Not quite sure what to do with most of the blocks that come up from the excavators though - the ones that are identified as ores crush with sand ok and give me lots of materials, but I'm not sure what to do with blocks of things like ashphalt, sandstone, fertile ground, that sorta thing ... Umm, help ? Thanks :)

Edit : having played a bit more trying stuff out it seems that all of those other blocks can be tossed into the forge where they'll turn into something useful - is that correct ? Cheers.

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

Edit : having played a bit more trying stuff out it seems that all of those other blocks can be tossed into the forge where they'll turn into something useful - is that correct ? Cheers.
Everything except for asphalt, which is only useful as a building tool for paving. If you don't want to build with it, you can just toss it away. :)

Hey my friends and I installed the mod no issue but we're trying to figure out why we can't find coal nodes/veins anymore, we can only find zinc no matter how hard we look. If I were to just be lazy and apply a blue filter over say copper's deco.jpg, would that change it in the game? I know I'd need to give them each the edited .jpg if it does but we're looking to have an easy time, appearance doesn't matter to us.

Also some instructions on the mod on how to use the excavator would be appreciated. We're not sure how it works, we've left it out on the ground on all sorts of places and it doesn't generate anything.

hello, so when I use this I get some wrn, will this hurt the game or is it ok?

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.057 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=snow]/layers/layer[@depth=10]"

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.057 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=snow]/subbiome/layers/layer[@depth=10]"

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.057 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/layers/layer[@depth=10]"

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=pine_forest]/subbiome/layers/layer[@depth=10]"

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=wasteland]/layers/layer[@depth=1]"

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=wasteland]/layers/layer[@depth=10]"

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=wasteland]/subbiome/layers/layer[@depth=10]"

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=burnt_forest]/layers/layer[@depth=10]"

2019-11-03T23:28:22 253.058 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "MeanCloud's Mining for A18" did not apply: <append xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name=city]/layers/layer[@depth=10]"

no, I found the problem it the smxhud modlet im using your mod loads fine but when I add the smxhud I get the wrn, I was wondering if they could be made compatible, what would I have to change or could I add the smxhud files to your files?

----Up Date----

I tried to combined them but it didn't work. but for some reason the biomes will not load with or with out modlets in, I do have the prefabs in and I start a new game every time I try.

Edited by dragonslayer770 (see edit history)

Hey my friends and I installed the mod no issue but we're trying to figure out why we can't find coal nodes/veins anymore, we can only find zinc no matter how hard we look. If I were to just be lazy and apply a blue filter over say copper's deco.jpg, would that change it in the game? I know I'd need to give them each the edited .jpg if it does but we're looking to have an easy time, appearance doesn't matter to us.

Also some instructions on the mod on how to use the excavator would be appreciated. We're not sure how it works, we've left it out on the ground on all sorts of places and it doesn't generate anything.

You can't apply a filter to a mesh texture. The images are just for admins to know what 3D entity they're placing and are not indicative of the color of the texture. I tested it thoroughly and did get multiple nodes (coal vs copper, zinc vs. pot. nitrate).

The excavators are automatic. You should notice them do something after 5-10 minutes of gameplay if you're in the area. 15+ minutes if you're unlucky. If they aren't, you should post your log.

so I tried it again still the same and I recopied the prefabs to 7 days prefabs with this being the only modlet in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk0hc4ew3ilhirz/output_log__2019-11-06__14-45-40.txt?dl=0

and I have one with the modlets I use

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6js223yaj05mwn/output_log__2019-11-06__15-04-19.txt?dl=0

Edited by dragonslayer770 (see edit history)

Updated mod to v1.02.

A18.1 changed some of the probabilities of sub-biomes, which threw some warnings. While these warnings would not prevent the mod from working, it was causing the probability of copper and zinc ore to not spawn as frequently as it should.

Generate a new RWG game using v1.02 for a better distribution of ore. Keep in mind that zinc ore looks like potassium nitrate (they share appearance) and copper ore looks like lead ore (they also share appearance), since I'm not a 3D video game artist.

Fully tested with game version A18.1 b6.

so I tried it again still the same and I recopied the prefabs to 7 days prefabs with this being the only modlet in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk0hc4ew3ilhirz/output_log__2019-11-06__14-45-40.txt?dl=0

and I have one with the modlets I use

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6js223yaj05mwn/output_log__2019-11-06__15-04-19.txt?dl=0

it works know thanks for the up date.

I was wondering if I can use this or some of the code in my mod.

Just installed your mining mod along with cannabis and fishing. I'm trying them out now on a fresh map. Server is 14.1.28.98:17657 if anyone is interested. I've always enjoyed various mining/fishing mods and can't wait to see how everything works!