Nitrate Powder Sources

Ttocs

Hello all im having trouble getting stock of nitrate powder, is it only lootable now? or are their surface boulders i just havnt found. Only biome ive not explored much is snow so unless the surface boulders are in snow and just havnt found them then its only loot??

There are surface boulders for nitrate. Looks like a big white spikey ball. I have seen them in every biome so far. I have no idea if they are more prevalent in one or the other. I found a large stock of Nitrate when I was digging in an Iron mine. I haven't had to specifically search for it.

I can confirm nitrate spawns as boulders, white spiky balls as mentioned above...

...but I also feel like nitrate boulder/veins are a lot more rare than the other boulders....like...7 different worlds and iron/coal/lead appear at least 3 times as frequently on every one of those worlds.

Definitely rarer. We have lead everywhere, practically tripping over it. Same with iron. Nitrate I rarely see in the snow biom (maybe 2 sightings) but we have about 9 marked off in the forest biom. Maybe they are just really really hard to spot in snow. The coal deposits in the burning lands are almost rare but we get quite a few of them bunched up around the coal plants, which is kinda cool and makes it easier to find.

Wasteland needs its own mineral to mine honestly, besides land mines.

Archived