Quest Tweaks & Added Skill Point Rewards

Laokia

With everything working correctly, the skill points tend to be a bit more common a reward choice than I would like (at least for players with adventurer Lvl 3, which is not difficult to get). I feel that this ends up making things too unbalanced as then players could just focus on perking into adventurer and would more often than not get skill points for completing any quest.

To remedy this and balance it out a bit more, I made alternate versions of the mod (both a skill book version and a direct skill point version) that spread out the reward offers to result in the skills being a bit rarer. With the new revision, a single point in Adventurer will have a 1-in-9 chance to have a skill point offered. That would increase to 2/9 for level 2 and 3/9 for level 3. Previously it was a 1-in-4 or 1-in-5 chance.

Unfortunately the method I used to do this involved changing the vanilla game offered rewards a bit. The changes are not too drastic, but some reward choices will no longer show up with zero points into the adventurer perk. I could have done this a different way, but that would have resulted in possibly getting offered 2 or more choices of items from the same loot pool. If anyone wants it, I can make that second option- it would mean that the no-perk vanilla options would remain the same but that you might get offered more than one of the same thing. I can also make a version in which the skill point rewards are even rarer should anyone want that.

Rarer Skill Books Version

Main Mod

Rare Challenge Quests Addon

Rarer Skill Points Version

Main Mod

Rare Challenge Quests Addon

• 1 month later...

An update:

The only thing in my mods that was affected by the alpha 18.3 b4 stable release was the Localization files. I have updated those, and changing them should have no affect on save game data, thankfully. Sorry that I have not been able to take the time to sort out this thread or anything like that.

Remember to back up your save data before updating these mods (or any mods really)!

If an error occurs when using one of these mod versions, try to just copy the Localization.txt files from the appropriate version and just replace them in the version of the mod you were previously running. I may have made an update that I failed to actually release due to craziness but if so the Localization file is all that needs to be changed anyway so you should be good if you only use that (and backup before trying to update).

Quest Tweaks - Common Skill Book Version

( + ) Rare Quests Addon

Quest Tweaks - Rarer Skill Book Version

( + ) Rare Quests Addon

Quest Tweaks - Common Skill Point Version

( + ) Rare Quests Addon

Quest Tweaks - Rarer Skill Point Version

( + ) Rare Quests Addon

• Laokia changed the title to Quest Tweaks & Added Skill Point Rewards

Archived