SMXui - (Alpha19)

Sirillion

• 2 months later...

Hi - I've tried to use all four of the SMX mods but I have a problem with the SMXui/SMXuiBBM ones. First, I get a red error message about the progression.xml failing to load, but still get into the game. Second, when I click on the Skills menu, I get a red error message about a NullReferenceException and cannot use that menu. I don't know enough about modding to fix this myself and I don't think it's a conflict with my other mods (but not sure). Has anyone else seen this problem at all? By the way, I'm playing on experimental, alpha 18.4(b4). Thanks.

Hi - I've tried to use all four of the SMX mods but I have a problem with the SMXui/SMXuiBBM ones. First, I get a red error message about the progression.xml failing to load, but still get into the game. Second, when I click on the Skills menu, I get a red error message about a NullReferenceException and cannot use that menu. I don't know enough about modding to fix this myself and I don't think it's a conflict with my other mods (but not sure). Has anyone else seen this problem at all? By the way, I'm playing on experimental, alpha 18.4(b4). Thanks.

Opt out of experimental, use stable. There should be no difference in data at the moment, but sometimes it actually matters which channel you're using. I'm using stable and this mod works well. So assuming you're installing it properly, it should work for you too.

That is likely due to a conflict with another mod that adds to the perks, attributes or books.

Opt out of experimental, use stable. There should be no difference in data at the moment, but sometimes it actually matters which channel you're using. I'm using stable and this mod works well. So assuming you're installing it properly, it should work for you too.

Okay, I'll try it with stable. Hope it works, really like this ui a lot.

That is likely due to a conflict with another mod that adds to the perks, attributes or books.

I'll try it with stable first, then if still a problem will check out my other mods that may be doing something with what you mention. Love your iu hope I can get it to work!

I'll try it with stable first, then if still a problem will check out my other mods that may be doing something with what you mention. Love your iu hope I can get it to work!

I tried with stable and still no go, so I think it is a mod conflict but with mods I don't want to play without, so I'll just enjoy the SMX menu and hud. Thanks for all of the help!

I tried with stable and still no go, so I think it is a mod conflict but with mods I don't want to play without, so I'll just enjoy the SMX menu and hud. Thanks for all of the help!

Believe it or not, recently I ran into the same issue. It's most likely a mod conflict. Hopefully we will be able to find the mod that is causing it. What's your mod load order? Maybe we are using the same mod that is causing this problem to both of us.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sirillion

could you please re-skin vehicle storage too? Pretty please, I tried to do it myself, but I couldn't figure this out. There is a problem with vanilla vehicle storage that it's too big and first column of storage slots gets cut by half with large vehicle storages. Reducing the whole UI size to 95% helps with this, but introduces new problems with mods that use new custom workstation UI such as Snufkin's slot machines.

@Sirillion

could you please re-skin vehicle storage too? Pretty please, I tried to do it myself, but I couldn't figure this out. There is a problem with vanilla vehicle storage that it's too big and first column of storage slots gets cut by half with large vehicle storages. Reducing the whole UI size to 95% helps with this, but introduces new problems with mods that use new custom workstation UI such as Snufkin's slot machines.

All in due time. That window is a pita to mod as it acts much like the loot window but it is somewhat lacking in the engine so I will have to see if I am able to do some DMT work on that.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, user2010 said:

A rare muck!
In terms of design, everything is in order!
But playing this @%$*#! is impossible!

Well, then don’t use it? I guess? 

28 minutes ago, AdrianVaughan said:

Hi am new to modding and have a question the patch for War3zuk Alpha 18 AIO how does one apply it? I tried to drop the folder in the mods file but that don't seem to work? 

Thanks for the help. 

Hi, it is installed just as any other modlet, it is outdated though and I should have updated it long ago but seeing as how I am close to releasing the next version of the main modlet with core changes that would mean I would have to update it again I have been holding off on that. I expect to have something ready sometime next week.

3 hours ago, Sirillion said:

Well, then don’t use it? I guess? 

Hi, it is installed just as any other modlet, it is outdated though and I should have updated it long ago but seeing as how I am close to releasing the next version of the main modlet with core changes that would mean I would have to update it again I have been holding off on that. I expect to have something ready sometime next week.

I can not wait, thanks very much :)

1 hour ago, user2010 said:

I would love to, but he was shoved into the War of the Walkers Mod mod! And from there, I can’t pick it out. So I'm suffering!

Oh you are talking about the WotW mod. That is a modified version of this that the mod author of WotW have modified to fit to his mod and is not representative to this mod which is made for to replace the vanilla experience.

That said, I know Dwallorde have had some issues with the adaptation and I have made some patches for it that I will release sometime next week when the new version of SMXui gets released that will fix the issues that I know about.

1 hour ago, Sirillion said:

I have made some patches for it that I will release sometime next week when the new version of SMXui gets released that will fix the issues that I know about.

I knew you would add support for the vehicle containers, thanks! (Hey, I know your post didn't say that, a man can dream)... 😎

2 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

I knew you would add support for the vehicle containers, thanks! (Hey, I know your post didn't say that, a man can dream)... 😎

hehe, I will take a look at that prior to me releasing the next version, but I make no promises as I think the vanilla code in the engine are missing some key components that I would need to write a script for that.

18 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

hehe, I will take a look at that prior to me releasing the next version, but I make no promises as I think the vanilla code in the engine are missing some key components that I would need to write a script for that.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Thanks!

Well, I had a look. And it is not good. The controller in the engine that is used to create the vehicle container windows seems to be lacking the background element all together and only has code to build the header. Without that particular part of code I cannot create a DMT script to "fix" it (afaik with my limited knowledge of it) because I cannot inject the parts that are missing. At this point we can only hope that TFP changes the controller for A19/A19.?+. If not the only way to change it is to ship a hacked dll instead of the script but that would be in the grey area as it is technically piracy to ship the dll.

37 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

Well, I had a look. And it is not good. The controller in the engine that is used to create the vehicle container windows seems to be lacking the background element all together and only has code to build the header. Without that particular part of code I cannot create a DMT script to "fix" it (afaik with my limited knowledge of it) because I cannot inject the parts that are missing. At this point we can only hope that TFP changes the controller for A19/A19.?+. If not the only way to change it is to ship a hacked dll instead of the script but that would be in the grey area as it is technically piracy to ship the dll.

But DMT should be able to handle such injection, no? I mean people are already using it to change more complex stuff in the game engine than this, so I think this should be doable without the need to ship the dll. But I do understand that DMT is certainly not for everyone as it requires a good knowledge of C# and the actual game engine internal functions. Maybe @sphereii could help with this part? He's been creating his own SDX / DMT mods for years.

5 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

But DMT should be able to handle such injection, no? I mean people are already using it to change more complex stuff in the game engine than this, so I think this should be doable without the need to ship the dll. But I do understand that DMT is certainly not for everyone as it requires a good knowledge of C# and the actual game engine internal functions. Maybe @sphereii could help with this part? He's been creating his own SDX / DMT mods for years.

This information comes from sphereii. He is the one that has been teaching me to do what little I can with DMT patching. The problem is that we are missing parts that cannot be touched with using DMT.

6 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

This information comes from sphereii. He is the one that has been teaching me to do what little I can with DMT pathcing. The problem is that we are missing parts that cannot be touched with using DMT.

Oh, ok fair enough. I thought there were practically no limitations in what can be done with DMT, I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for the amazing and beautiful mod Sirillion! I really appreciate the work you put into this mod it has enhanced my gameplay and couldn't imagine the game without it at this point.

As for anyone else that loves the mod and would like to experience SMX UI on a server with other players. Feel free to check out my server. It's the only mod required to play.

Sirillion, I hope you don't mind me advertising here. If it's an issue let me know and I'll edit this reply immediately.

• xyth locked this topic

Archived