EpicSpire's A18 Modlets

EpicSpire

Direct Google Drive

Nexus

Added Skill Points as reward for completing each Tier of the Trader quests, making the trader quests more worth the risks for early game.

I've seen a lot of Mods/Modlets that increase the number of skill points per level, but personally think that this is more balanced for my style of play. I'm not trying to dis on those mods, we need more skill points in the game, but i think earning them is a bit more balanced.

Tier 1 =3 Skill Points

Tier 2 = 4 Skill Points

Tier 3 = 5 Skill Points

Tier 4 = 5 Skill Points

Tier 5 = 6 Skill Points

Tier 6 = 8 Skill Points

Low Progression Variant:

Tier 1 =1 Skill Points

Tier 2 = 1 Skill Points

Tier 3 = 2 Skill Points

Tier 4 = 2 Skill Points

Tier 5 = 3 Skill Points

Tier 6 = 4 Skill Points

Mid Progression Variant:

Tier 1 =2 Skill Points

Tier 2 = 2 Skill Points

Tier 3 = 3 Skill Points

Tier 4 = 4 Skill Points

Tier 5 = 4 Skill Points

Tier 6 = 6 Skill Points

For Games already in Progress.

If you do not wish to restart your world, and have already completed some Tier quests for the trader, type the following lines into the game console (Press F1 in-game)

For each tier that you completed:

givequest quest_tier1complete

givequest quest_tier2complete

givequest quest_tier3complete

givequest quest_tier4complete

givequest quest_tier5complete

givequest quest_tier6complete

Then go talk to any trader. You'll get all the rewards including the skill points.

(I'm willing to adjust these point values, based on balance. Feed back is welcome!)

Direct Google Drive

This mod adds a recipe for vitamins that is unlockable with the same level of YEAH Science that antibiotics are. There is also a schematic for it that i added to the loot tables.

The recipe has been reworked by Laokia who also helped fix an issue where the recipe wasn't unlocked properly through the progression tree. Laokia also added a localization doc so that the game would display the proper name of the items, i forgot we can do that now.

Snowberries are now used in the recipe and therefore they are now able to be crafted and planted in order to make them more available (unlockable seeds in the living off the land skill and seed schematic also created). and snowberry seeds can be found in loot like any other seed.

produces 2 vitamins

must use a chemistry station for the vitamin crafting

Update: The schematics for crafting vitamins and the schematics for making snowberry seeds have now been added to traders. Thanks again to Laokia

Can you, please, reupload to some friendlier place? Nexus demands ppl to register in order to download, and that's just rude.

yeah, sure. i changed the above link to a google drive link. hope that works better for you. let me know if i can do anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

This. I love some mods , then I see they're in Nexus and I have to leave :(

i honestly don't know whats wrong with nexus. didnt you have to register to use this site? so i know it's not just having to register... its free.. so is there something i am missing?

There's nothing wrong with Nexus. Might have issues if you're trying to use Nexus mod manager though I guess. It gives you the option to do manual downloads like any other file host.

Also, just wanted to say, this is a great idea to incentivize questing.

There's nothing wrong with Nexus. Might have issues if you're trying to use Nexus mod manager though I guess. It gives you the option to do manual downloads like any other file host.

okay, so it's just a preference thing then. good to know. when i make more mods i'll have different options for people. I used Nexus because that's what im use to and it also has a Download count which satisfies my need for attention.

Tossed this into an A18 dedicated server and it doesn't seem to be giving any skill points on reward. Logfile shows that it loads the mod and it's localizations without error, and I can't find any errors relating to it. Just no action on the mod's part when it comes time for turning in quests. Only other trader related mod I've got loaded is the 'always open trader' which keeps the close/open times between 6:59 and 7:01am. Any ideas?

Tossed this into an A18 dedicated server and it doesn't seem to be giving any skill points on reward. Logfile shows that it loads the mod and it's localizations without error, and I can't find any errors relating to it. Just no action on the mod's part when it comes time for turning in quests. Only other trader related mod I've got loaded is the 'always open trader' which keeps the close/open times between 6:59 and 7:01am. Any ideas?

it works on my end. using the same file too. The problem may be my explanation. the skill point is given after the entire tier of quests are completed. not after each individual quest. so if there are 3 tier 1 quests, you need to finish all 3 before you get this reward.

it works on my end. using the same file too. The problem may be my explanation. the skill point is given after the entire tier of quests are completed. not after each individual quest. so if there are 3 tier 1 quests, you need to finish all 3 before you get this reward.

Ahhhh I got it now. I might have just sped through the post a bit too quickly and misinterpreted. Thank you for the explanation though, that made it way obvious what I was doing wrong. With this particular modlet, could it be modified to work per quest or is it limited to tiers of quests based on the game? (Please know I'm not asking you to re-write it or anything, just want to know if it's possible to do)

Thanks again!

Ahhhh I got it now. I might have just sped through the post a bit too quickly and misinterpreted. Thank you for the explanation though, that made it way obvious what I was doing wrong. With this particular modlet, could it be modified to work per quest or is it limited to tiers of quests based on the game? (Please know I'm not asking you to re-write it or anything, just want to know if it's possible to do)

Thanks again!

as is, it only works for tiers.

it is possible for each quest, but not with the lines of code my modlet appends.

i wanted to keep it a bit more balanced.

The way it works now, isn't it inconsistent? I have 5 tier 1 quests, I'd have to complete all 5 to get 1 skill point (low progression).

But if I had the option of selecting 3 Tier 1's, 1 tier 2, and 1 tier 3, wouldn't that then mean I just have to complete the Tier 2 and Tier 3 and I'd end up "Completing" those tiers, thus getting skill points? Not sure how the game determines the tier of quests that get offered.

I really don't even understand how this mod functions in that capacity. If i complete a tier 1 quest and go back to the trader, he still offers 5 tier 1 quests.

What is a "tier completion" classified as? 3 tier 1s? 5?

I think what I'll do for my own personal desires is create a modlet that makes quests (and other things?) give "skill book scraps" that can be crafted to make a skill book. That way I can add them as rewards to the low tier quests with out being concerned that its too overpowered.

@alcsaar

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your post, I am very disoriented. If I did understand it then this reply should make sense.

The tier completions are one-time 'reward/graduation quests' that you get after completing a certain number of trader quests. I tried to find the required amount of quests in each tier you need to complete before you graduate to the next tier, but I was unable to find it in the XMLs. But you will only get the tier completions once every time you rank up to the next tier, and that will happen automatically once you complete the required amount of quests for the trader.

If I remember correctly, you likely won't even see that you have the 'quest' for advancing to the next tier because it will auto-add and complete as you are talking to the trader turning in the quest that caused you to rank up. Maybe you can back out of the trader dialogue without selecting your reward and see that you have the quest? Not sure as I've never tried it, but the quest does show up in your quest log after the fact as completed. Unless you use commands, each tier can only ever be completed once so you will only get the skill points once per tier.

@EpicSpire

Since I'm posting anyway it doesn't feel like spam to say thank you for the mod! It's great, and was a large source of inspiration for a mod of my own. Yours is more balanced since you only get the rewards once, which I like a lot. So, thank you!

Thank you for your support. Hope to make a few more modlets soon. I have a few ideas rolling around

Laokia is correct. The tiers are sort of a hidden chain quest that completes when you ginish a set number of same tier quests.

You'll notice after completing a few quests tgst you'll choose your reward and tgrn vd offered another choice of rewards, this is because the tier quest line wss completed. This is when you get the Tier rewards that i set up.

I fo like the idea of receiving schematics or magazines as rewards as well or having skill points as a choice

Very great idea. Looking forward to trying that out.

Updated and fixed the Vitamin Crafting Modlet. Thanks to Laokia

The recipe has been reworked by Laokia who also helped fix an issue where the recipe wasn't unlocked properly through the progression tree.

Snowberries are now used in the recipe and therefore they are now able to be crafted and planted in order to make them more available (unlockable seeds in the living off the land skill and seed schematic also created). and snowberry seeds can be found in loot like any other seed.

produces 2 vitamins

must use a chemistry station for the vitamin crafting

• 2 weeks later...

Archived