A18 Server Console Info

ahawksfan

I'm seeing the same stuff I saw before, except that after the server has been up several hours, I can't connect to telnet anymore.

Logging options are in the server config.

Thanks for the reply. I now see the problem. I am getting:

2019-10-16T11:20:51 21.131 ERR Error sending to console server:

I will open a case in the DEV thread.

I'm seeing the same stuff I saw before, except that after the server has been up several hours, I can't connect to telnet anymore.

Logging options are in the server config.

I do not see that option. What is the line supposed to be?

How is the line supposed to read - it was mentioned in the release notes that the save location is supposed to be designated.

Log path when starting the client has to be the absolute path, No relative shortcuts work currently.

Before you could use...

-logfile 7DaysToDieServer_Data/output_log__`date +%Y-%m-%d__%H-%M-%S`.txt

Now you have to use...

-logfile D:\servers\7 Days to Die\7DaysToDieServer_Data/output_log__`date +%Y-%m-%d__%H-%M-%S`.txt

The logging options aren't new. They've been in since a16 at least.

<property name="HideCommandExecutionLog"				value="0"/>		<!-- Hide logging of command execution. 0 = show everything, 1 = hide only from Telnet/ControlPanel, 2 = also hide from remote game clients, 3 = hide everything -->

Log path when starting the client has to be the absolute path, No relative shortcuts work currently.

Before you could use...

-logfile 7DaysToDieServer_Data/output_log__`date +%Y-%m-%d__%H-%M-%S`.txt

Now you have to use...

-logfile D:\servers\7 Days to Die\7DaysToDieServer_Data/output_log__`date +%Y-%m-%d__%H-%M-%S`.txt

The logging options aren't new. They've been in since a16 at least.

<property name="HideCommandExecutionLog"				value="0"/>		<!-- Hide logging of command execution. 0 = show everything, 1 = hide only from Telnet/ControlPanel, 2 = also hide from remote game clients, 3 = hide everything -->

So now you have to have that when it starts up the startdedicated.bat?

So I opened a bug report and then closed it thinking it was something I did by copying the player/map data. As it turns out that isn't the case. Sometimes when I start the server (with startdedicated bat) it will not be able to show any console data (log has an error). Other times it starts like normal. Haven't been able to diagnose it yet.

So I opened a bug report and then closed it thinking it was something I did by copying the player/map data. As it turns out that isn't the case. Sometimes when I start the server (with startdedicated bat) it will not be able to show any console data (log has an error). Other times it starts like normal. Haven't been able to diagnose it yet.

Was your bug report ever re-opened? You should probably re-open it, cite your old report, and mention that the solution did not fix it.

Do you have Any solutions yet?

Archived