No Heat Torches/Candles

Odetta

While I do like hugging the shadows, travelling and resource gathering at night; I miss having the freedom, to dress my base up like a cheap Christmas tree.

Thanks Odetta :02.47-tranquillity:

Edit: I found no modinfo.xml file in the main mod folder that is shared with the config folder. Just letting know.

While I do like hugging the shadows, travelling and resource gathering at night

This is kinda nice if you wanna travel at night without using the mining helmet..

Thanks for the lighting source from this modlet

Sorry for the confusion folks, this change is only for the candle and torch blocks and believe it doesn't apply when you are holding them.

Changed the description to reflect that.

Sorry for the confusion folks, this change is only for the candle and torch blocks and believe it doesn't apply when you are holding them.

Changed the description to reflect that.

Thanks for the update to the mod Odetta.

I understood that the function change was for the block the first time I posted. That's why I mentioned "I miss having the freedom, to dress my base up like a cheap Christmas tree."

Thanks again

• 2 months later...

FYI...I'm running your mod through the mod launcher and in the blocks.xml file you didn't close the main </blocks> so it errors when loadinng game. You might want to update it. I fixed on mine manually..but thought I'd letcha know the problem is there. Nice mod..thx!

FYI...I'm running your mod through the mod launcher and in the blocks.xml file you didn't close the main </blocks> so it errors when loadinng game. You might want to update it. I fixed on mine manually..but thought I'd letcha know the problem is there. Nice mod..thx!

Ya, as soon as I made this modlet the Pimps completely changed the how they worked. I was waiting until they stopped updating A18 to fix it. I think A18.3 might be the last update. If it is I'll change it. I had gotten a PM from a game tester stating that torches were bugged also during this time so I thought I'd wait it out.

• 5 weeks later...

Some of my RWG POIs are attracting screamers due to heat generated by pregen light sources, so I came here looking for a workaround. Would this work better than what you are currently using for blocks.xml?

<blocks>
<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='wallTorchLightPlayer']/property[@name='HeatMapStrength']/@value">0.0</set>
<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='candleWallLightPlayer']/property[@name='HeatMapStrength']/@value">0.0</set>
<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='burningBarrelPlayer']/property[@name='HeatMapStrength']/@value">0.0</set>	
</blocks>

Some of my RWG POIs are attracting screamers due to heat generated by pregen light sources, so I came here looking for a workaround. Would this work better than what you are currently using for blocks.xml?

<blocks>
<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='wallTorchLightPlayer']/property[@name='HeatMapStrength']/@value">0.0</set>
<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='candleWallLightPlayer']/property[@name='HeatMapStrength']/@value">0.0</set>
<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='burningBarrelPlayer']/property[@name='HeatMapStrength']/@value">0.0</set>	
</blocks>

I don't think POI light sources have any heat production, unless they are custom POIs. You could try your workaround to see if it helps though those light sources have a player tag attached so they would have had to be placed by the player.

If that doesn't work you could try just the blocks themselves. Sorry I just never ran into this issue before.

Archived