MeanCloud's Fishing A20

psouza4

Curious why you can't hit http://mean.cloud/ -- I ran several 'website speed tests' that hit the page from all over the globe (including Brisbane) and none of them failed. Example: https://www.dotcom-tools.com/website-speed-test.aspx#2BEA226BF20E45B4AD62C4D5F980E5D7

Urgh it is prolly my net Telstra sucks and Australia has worse then 3rd world country internet.

• 2 months later...

Hello! I wanted to try this mod on my 7dtd server so I added it to the server files and also my own files on the client side. It's supossedly working, but if I click on any recipe on the craft list that includes fish, the console prints this message endlessly ("Null Reference Exception: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object") and I need to close the game to play normally again.

This happened not only to me but also my friends that are playing on the same server.

Any suggestions?

As additional info, the server also has Darkness Falls and the Mining mod also from MeanCloud installed.

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

I was using this mod (as well as many other mods from this author) in Alpha 18. I was waiting for an official update and I still hope there will be an official one! As impatient as I am, I couldn't help it but create an UNOFFICIAL update for this cool mod which brings it to Alpha 19.2. Please note that all credits goes to the original author!!! I simply made it compatible with Alpha 19.2 for those people like me who would like to go fishing in Alpha 19.2 with this cool mod. Now we can!

This updated version of the mod is based on the original one from Alpha 18. Nothing was added or removed. This mod is provided as is. I cannot promise any update beyond necessary adjustments to fix any remaining incompatibility issues that may still show up, that is not to say that I haven't tested this on my end though. I ran some tests and so far the mod works well, but one never knows. Feel free to test and report any issues you may find and I might fix them if possible.

@psouza4, if you ever come around, feel free to take over the updated files and do with them as you deem fit.

MeanCloud's Fishing for A19.rar

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Reporting an issue with the Fishing Trap for the Alpha 19 version which is resulting in a Divide by Zero error if the fishing trap is selected while in the Inventory window:

In items.xml, under the fishTrapItem, the line which reads:

<property value="0" name="EconomicBundleSize"/>

Needs to be changed to:

<property value="1" name="EconomicBundleSize"/>

Edited by Lyssabet (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Lyssabet said:

Reporting an issue with the Fishing Trap for the Alpha 19 version which is resulting in a Divide by Zero error if the fishing trap is selected while in the Inventory window:

In items.xml, under the fishTrapItem, the line which reads:

<property value="0" name="EconomicBundleSize"/>

Needs to be changed to:

<property value="1" name="EconomicBundleSize"/>

Hey, thanks for report! I was unable to reproduce this problem on a clean game copy with only this mod installed. Could you please describe in detail how to reproduce this bug? Thanks in advance.

17 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Hey, thanks for report! I was unable to reproduce this problem on a clean game copy with only this mod installed. Could you please describe in detail how to reproduce this bug? Thanks in advance.

I found a fishing trap in a random trash pile.  When I clicked on it in my inventory, the console immediately spammed a divide by zero error message repeatedly for around a minute without stopping.  I noticed that the icon for the fishing trap did not show a number.  I clicked on a different item in the inventory which was selected and displayed correctly, then clicked on the fishing trap again and it resulted in the same divide by zero error message loop.  I exited out of 7 Days back to the desktop and then restarted it, reloaded the game world, and tried again to receive the same error loop when I selected the fishing trap.  At that point I checked in the xml files to try to assess what may be causing it.  I noticed that there was both an economic value of 0 and an economic bundle size of 0 for the fishing trap, which from what I recall was the only item in item.xml with both of those settings set to 0.  I figured that it was probably trying to assess the value of the stack (of 1 fishing trap) when I selected it and so it was likely trying to use either of those values in its calculations.  I tested setting the economic bundle size to 1 first, saved, restarted 7 Days, reloaded the game world, and was then able to select the fishing trap without being spammed with the divide by zero error messages.

Since the value of the fishing trap is set to 0, which means that it technically has no sell price, it shouldn't make any significant changes trader-wise to set the economic bundle size to 1; it's not like it's the same as the stack value.

Edited by Lyssabet (see edit history)

On 11/8/2020 at 11:38 AM, Lyssabet said:

I found a fishing trap in a random trash pile.  When I clicked on it in my inventory, the console immediately spammed a divide by zero error message repeatedly for around a minute without stopping.  I noticed that the icon for the fishing trap did not show a number.  I clicked on a different item in the inventory which was selected and displayed correctly, then clicked on the fishing trap again and it resulted in the same divide by zero error message loop.  I exited out of 7 Days back to the desktop and then restarted it, reloaded the game world, and tried again to receive the same error loop when I selected the fishing trap.  At that point I checked in the xml files to try to assess what may be causing it.  I noticed that there was both an economic value of 0 and an economic bundle size of 0 for the fishing trap, which from what I recall was the only item in item.xml with both of those settings set to 0.  I figured that it was probably trying to assess the value of the stack (of 1 fishing trap) when I selected it and so it was likely trying to use either of those values in its calculations.  I tested setting the economic bundle size to 1 first, saved, restarted 7 Days, reloaded the game world, and was then able to select the fishing trap without being spammed with the divide by zero error messages.

Since the value of the fishing trap is set to 0, which means that it technically has no sell price, it shouldn't make any significant changes trader-wise to set the economic bundle size to 1; it's not like it's the same as the stack value.

You know, some of the properties are pretty tricky. This item is not added to the trader's stock, it's not set to be sellable to trader either which means there's no point for it to have any value in the first place. On the other hand, it's weird that vanilla game (assuming you have no other mods installed?) would complain about these values set to zero if it doesn't need to process them in the first place, so do you have any other mods installed by any chance? Maybe there's some sort of conflict there. I guess if I just removed these values altogether it should work, assuming the game doesn't need them for any other calculation that is.

As for the property itself, this is the official information that we have available:

"EconomicBundleSize" :
Was put in because the coder did not want a float there. =)
A trader will trade this many items as the smallest bundle. You won't be able to sell a single small rock.
The "EconomicValue" applies to the bundle.

In other words, since this item can't be sold to the trader anyway, it should be safe to remove it together with its economic value. I will run some tests on this issue on my end and see where this goes, then again I didn't want to make any significant changes to the original code, but if something got changed in the vanilla game and the way this mod used to work doesn't work anymore, there will be no other way if we want to make it work in the current version of the game...

• 3 weeks later...

FYI: I will be attempting to update MeanClouds modlets for a19+ (I have MeanClouds blessing :)).

They will be located here on GitHub

If anyone needs any a19+ updates for bug fixes for this modlet:

Desired: Please tag/message me in this thread, which I will be subscribed to catch new posts.

Optional: Post on my modlet page: Doughs Modlets

If you have created a bug fix and want to help keep the mods updated:

Desired: If you have a Github account: Submit the issue/bugfix/pull request on Github

Optional: If you do not have a Github account: Submit the files/xml to the places above

I know there's some fixes/updates posted in this thread, which I will be looking at when I get to this modlet!

On 10/6/2020 at 12:37 AM, mr.devolver said:

Hello everyone,

I was using this mod (as well as many other mods from this author) in Alpha 18. I was waiting for an official update and I still hope there will be an official one! As impatient as I am, I couldn't help it but create an UNOFFICIAL update for this cool mod which brings it to Alpha 19.2. Please note that all credits goes to the original author!!! I simply made it compatible with Alpha 19.2 for those people like me who would like to go fishing in Alpha 19.2 with this cool mod. Now we can!

This updated version of the mod is based on the original one from Alpha 18. Nothing was added or removed. This mod is provided as is. I cannot promise any update beyond necessary adjustments to fix any remaining incompatibility issues that may still show up, that is not to say that I haven't tested this on my end though. I ran some tests and so far the mod works well, but one never knows. Feel free to test and report any issues you may find and I might fix them if possible.

@psouza4, if you ever come around, feel free to take over the updated files and do with them as you deem fit.

MeanCloud's Fishing for A19.rar 716.13 kB · 22 downloads

FYI: Merging this into MeanClouds a19 mods to make it as "official" as possible!  Thanks for the work @mr.devolver!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Italexis said:

For the fishing spear, has anyone suggested a reskin? The broad stone head isn't really realistic. It should be much thinner - wood only, since fish are relatively small and damage isn't the object, just capture.

No ones suggested it that I know, but handling the unity files for something like this is a bit beyond my skill, unless someone builds and packages it as a working unity.3D file I could include. I might be able to learn how to do it someday, for basic stuff, I just don’t have a lot of time to figure it out right now.

• psouza4 changed the title to MeanCloud's Fishing
  • psouza4 changed the title to MeanCloud's Fishing A20