Farm Plots

bjurney

If you only have 3 farm plots these may be easy to replace but if you have a larger garden then that's something different. In A17 I had a garden with 192 planting places. To make 192 farm plots you need 768 wood, 1920 rotting meat, 4800 nitrate and 19200 clay soil.

If I had to move the base then this would be a big problem.

I honestly see no real problem to that?

Everything but rotten flesh is easy to get, even in those quantities

Edit: Just do it gradual while doing adventures.

See roadkill? Gotta use that hunting knive

Vultures at factories? Free flesh n bones.

Zombiebear in wastelands? Jackpot!

I honestly see no real problem to that?

Everything but rotten flesh is easy to get, even in those quantities

The problem is exactly that you don't get rotting meat in these quantities.

I'm not saying that you should be able to pick up the farm plots in the POIs. But you should be able to pick up the farm plots you crafted yourself.

A workbench in a POI cannot be picked up. But the self made workbench can be picked up if you placed an LCB.

Just do it gradual while doing adventures.

See roadkill? Gotta use that hunting knive

Vultures at factories? Free flesh n bones.

Zombiebear in wastelands? Jackpot!

When I build a garden I can do that but it was about moving the farm plots in case I want to modify or move my base.

I have no problem collecting raw materials for my garden. In A16 I had 5 cement mixers that were only there to produce the fertilizer.

The main problem is not that you can move the farm plots but that they were used in POIs. The solution is simply to remove them from the POIs.

50 farm plots from the Grace POI - woohoo! By the way, nice avatar. See you back at housewares...

I ended up with 61 farm plots. I seriously doubt I will need that many though. There are a lot more inside the bin at the end of the conveyor belt in the basement plus the one where the single supercorn is behind glass. I'm not sure but there may be even more outside where those trees are planted out front. I got tired of digging them up after going through the basement.

I was happy to see that they added a proper "boomstick" to the game in alpha 18.

I ended up with 61 farm plots. I seriously doubt I will need that many though. There are a lot more inside the bin at the end of the conveyor belt in the basement plus the one where the single supercorn is behind glass. I'm not sure but there may be even more outside where those trees are planted out front. I got tired of digging them up after going through the basement.

I was happy to see that they added a proper "boomstick" to the game in alpha 18.

Not sure what poi I got mine from. I think it was a one story house but it was pretty long. But ended up with 63 just the front yard. Up against the house had was a 3x12 and then right across it/the drive way had 3 section up along the drive way of 3x3 box of them. I don't mind them stopping from digging up the ones from poi. I hope they keep it where we can pick up player made ones. If they stop them all then I would say bring back the old way of farming. I can up and move anytime I want the old way. If they stop us on the new way we can't just up and move. I don't know of any valid reason to keep us from moving player made ones. At the very least have it in a perk somewhere where we spend perk points to be able to pick them up.

Thanks for the info. I found that POI early and marked it on the map, but haven't looted it yet. I didn't realize it would be so slow going to farm (now there is a reason to save the rotten flesh). Part of the wait is for seed recipes (don't want to use perk points to gain the recipes), the other is farm plot ingredients (rotten flesh).

Hobo stew is actually better than any other food in game. That would be the reason to save the rotten meat. Farming is basically a dumpster fire now. I always loved it the way it was before.

The materials for building them are abundant too tho. Encountered so many roadkillcorpses on the street, corpses on farms/Barns, vultures ect

Yeah I'm with you. By day 21 I had 40 farm plots just from crafting them. I didn't dig any up from POIs. It's really not an issue if they make it so you can't dig them up.

Yeah I'm with you. By day 21 I had 40 farm plots just from crafting them. I didn't dig any up from POIs. It's really not an issue if they make it so you can't dig them up.

I don't think anyone has a problem with farm plots not being available from POIs anymore. Many people are more concerned with moving their farm plots when they move the base or when they change their base.

Ah, I missed the single super corn plots. Thanks for the tip. The ones in the front yard are not farm plots. They will only give you clay. Gotta love the boomstick! Retails for about $109.95. MadMole said he might add Ash's Chainsaw if they go the route of unique items. That's a pretty far trip from Dearborn, Michigan.

Not sure what poi I got mine from. I think it was a one story house but it was pretty long. But ended up with 63 just the front yard. Up against the house had was a 3x12 and then right across it/the drive way had 3 section up along the drive way of 3x3 box of them. I don't mind them stopping from digging up the ones from poi. I hope they keep it where we can pick up player made ones. If they stop them all then I would say bring back the old way of farming. I can up and move anytime I want the old way. If they stop us on the new way we can't just up and move. I don't know of any valid reason to keep us from moving player made ones. At the very least have it in a perk somewhere where we spend perk points to be able to pick them up.

Agreed, I don't mind if they nerf this. Actually, I expect they will. I usually setup my base near whichever trader is closest to the center of the map so I don't have to move. It would still be nice to have the option to move any plots I make just in case.

Ah, I missed the single super corn plots. Thanks for the tip. The ones in the front yard are not farm plots. They will only give you clay. Gotta love the boomstick! Retails for about $109.95. MadMole said he might add Ash's Chainsaw if they go the route of unique items. That's a pretty far trip from Dearborn, Michigan.

A chainsaw mod for gloves would be awesome, lol. They should make a hair trigger mod for the boomstick as well.

You mean GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN :D

Archived