Farm Plots

bjurney

I was playing with my wife last night and we went to the Bob's Boars POI where you can get the super corn and where you can fight Grace and found that there are a TON of farm plots there. I spent a good amount of time digging them up with a shovel and was able to dig up a good 35-40 plots. It is far easier than trying to get all the materials needed to build your own and thought I would pass it on for anyone interested.

Thanks for the info. I found that POI early and marked it on the map, but haven't looted it yet. I didn't realize it would be so slow going to farm (now there is a reason to save the rotten flesh). Part of the wait is for seed recipes (don't want to use perk points to gain the recipes), the other is farm plot ingredients (rotten flesh).

I got it as a quest this weekend and had no idea that it had farm plots in there or I would have stripped it first and then did the quest for more. I still got well over 20+ farm plots from the place, probably closer to 30. Unfortunately Grace the pig disappeared when I shot at her, so no meat from her :(

If it only applies to the farm pots in the POIs then you can at least move the farm pots you created yourself. That was my biggest concern when I read madmole's post since the pots are a bit costly.

No, you can't move your either.

Ugh, why would this be a thing? I can understand not being able to dig up POI plots (though that makes me personally sad..) but I like being able to move my own, especially if I want to start working on a farm early, but then find a better town/base location.

No, you can't move your either.

Depends how it is implemented. Madmole only said that you can't pick them up from POIs.

To achieve this they simply can replace the blocks in the POI with blocks that look identical but have different properties.

I was playing with my wife last night and we went to the Bob's Boars POI where you can get the super corn and where you can fight Grace and found that there are a TON of farm plots there. I spent a good amount of time digging them up with a shovel and was able to dig up a good 35-40 plots. It is far easier than trying to get all the materials needed to build your own and thought I would pass it on for anyone interested.

Thanks, I was going to clear out that POI tonight for the copious quantities of cobblestone, cement and meat. Now I can add farm plot supplies to the list. Looks like I will be making a couple of trips hauling everything back.

Thanks, I was going to clear out that POI tonight for the copious quantities of cobblestone, cement and meat. Now I can add farm plot supplies to the list. Looks like I will be making a couple of trips hauling everything back.

50 farm plots from the Grace POI - woohoo! By the way, nice avatar. See you back at housewares...

Ugh, why would this be a thing? I can understand not being able to dig up POI plots (though that makes me personally sad..) but I like being able to move my own, especially if I want to start working on a farm early, but then find a better town/base location.

Because it was never intended in the first place. Experimental. Things can and will change.

The materials for building them are abundant too tho. Encountered so many roadkillcorpses on the street, corpses on farms/Barns, vultures ect

If you only have 3 farm plots these may be easy to replace but if you have a larger garden then that's something different. In A17 I had a garden with 192 planting places. To make 192 farm plots you need 768 wood, 1920 rotting meat, 4800 nitrate and 19200 clay soil.

If I had to move the base then this would be a big problem.

Because it was never intended in the first place. Experimental. Things can and will change.

It was never intended that you could get the farm plots from POIs but it was intended that you could pick them up again. Otherwise they would not have written this into the XML file. Madmole wasn't aware that designers used farm plots in POIs.

An easy fix would be to replace the farm plots in the POIs with something else. The property of the farm plots would not need to be changed.

Archived