Yourdrunkendad

How to Fix / Increase Your FPS Guide A18

Just an FYI blow it off if you know everything.  FPS was the original goal until 50p movies came out and they found that anything over 35-40 FPS tends to stress the brain a bit (People were getting headaches at theaters).  Its not that you don't see the information its you can't process it and you start disregarding it.  The goal should be the quality of frames you provide in that 35-40 range not more of them.  The limit is YOU not your video card.  If your running a FPS meter to know that your picture is "better" rather than a "that looks good to me" try to break your more is better addiction or focus it on More per frame rather than more frames.  This is why many games started having "frame limiters" for liability issues

6 minutes ago, GunMuse said:

This is why many games started having "frame limiters" for liability issues

Actually that is done to prevent screen tearing, and to cap the framerate at the limitations of the display device. It's a QOL feature to ensure that the game looks as optimal as possible, not because of some liability issue.

In gaming, using a higher framerate can also decrease input lag, as control input is checked once per frame. The more input checks you can get per second, the less input delay there will be.

The human eye can physiologically detect up to 1000 frames per second. The average human, tasked with detecting what framerate he/she is looking at, can accurately guess up to around 150 fps. That is, they can see the difference in framerates all the way to 150 fps.

The reason that movies are limited in frame rate has nothing to do with stressing the brain. It has to do with artifacts in the legacy displays.

Film, at its native 24 FPS rate could not be displayed without the necessary pulldown process, often leading to "judder": To convert 24 frames per second into 60 frames per second, every odd frame is repeated, playing twice, while every even frame is tripled. This creates uneven motion, appearing stroboscopic. Other conversions have similar uneven frame doubling. Newer video standards support 120, 240, or 300 frames per second, so frames can be evenly multiplied for common frame rates such as 24 FPS film and 30 FPS video, as well as 25 and 50 FPS video in the case of 300 FPS displays. These standards also support video that is natively in higher frame rates, and video with interpolated frames between its native frames. Some modern films are experimenting with frame rates higher than 24 FPS, such as 48 and 60 FPS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate#Modern_video_standards

This is true but misleading it has to do with volume of information being processed by the card not the output.  I record video in 60 fps it makes the files HUGE and bulky to upload but if we don't do this then smart tv's don't have enough information to process and it can look fuzzy on larger screens.  As your quote described this is about filling in the gaps.  Monitors don't have the pixel gaps that a large screen tv does.  Another side note monitors like what you see displaying menu's at Movie theaters have way more pixels than desktop monitors to allow depth at distance for easier reading.

I use one of these for troubleshooting even VGA looks like HD on these screens.  The advise was simply don't drive yourself crazy trying to drive your card to insanity.  If it looks good it looks good.  But other factors are the quality of monitor.  Crap card with a quality monitor will look better than a quality card with a crap monitor.

The dead but killer tech was in the DLP back lit screens sent black and white light toward screen and a spinning crystal added the color. Old John Wayne movies would look 1080p

Guess it is time to star a new thread all same about A19 )))

Currently mostly unplayable with Mac Book Pro 2018 i7 16Gb Radeon X555X 4Gb

I am getting fps in single digits now .A18 was on ultra .Now even medium settings dont help .i9-9900KF ,32gb ram 1080 graphics 2560/1440 screen res.

Its a new pc build ,no bloatware or other crap running .With my specs I should at least be able to play on high ,med is awful cant even read names on boxes.single digits fps on high is daft

16 minutes ago, Feersum said:

Its a new pc build ,no bloatware or other crap running .With my specs I should at least be able to play on high ,med is awful cant even read names on boxes.single digits fps on high is daft

Again, it's proven lesser systems don't have an issue. It's not the game client that's the problem. 

Also, just because you build the PC, doesn't mean there isn't any bloatware or other software issues. With your specs you should absolutely be able to play on high. Since it's not the client that's the issue, it's some software, driver, or configuration on your system.

Well i ran A18 on high ,ran DF on high and can still run them on high .  cant run A19 on high

"Again, it's proven lesser systems don't have an issue. It's not the game client that's the problem." "Since it's not the client that's the issue" Sorry but there is no proof that its not the game client that is the issue.Just because certain systems dont have probs doesnt mean others wont have probs

Lesser systems dont run on high !

Edited by Feersum (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, Feersum said:

Well i ran A18 on high ,ran DF on high and can still run them on high .  cant run A19 on high

"Again, it's proven lesser systems don't have an issue. It's not the game client that's the problem." "Since it's not the client that's the issue" Sorry but there is no proof that its not the game client that is the issue.Just because certain systems dont have probs doesnt mean others wont have probs

Lesser systems dont run on high !

Sorry, but did you see the specs I had posted here?  That's a 3rd gen Intel. Sure it's OC'ed to perform on the same level as an 8th gen, but it's definitely less than your setup. If you can't get those numbers with those settings, then you have something preventing the client from performing properly. Either it's security software, incompatible drivers, incompatible software, or an incorrect hardware configuration.