SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha20)

Sirillion

On 9/24/2022 at 6:04 AM, CocaineMan said:

Soo uh i have a massive issue for me that is a game breaking onee soo. the thing is when i launch the game with the HUD it launches a @%$# ton of errors saying "Could not load texture" and other @%$# i have it downloaded in /Steam/steamapps/common/7daystodie/mods/(Another)mods/(And all the smx stuff, core,hud,menu,xui,hudCP,huiCP,xuiCPBBMxxl and xuiCPTFS. maybei downloaded it wrong i spent alot of time reading and installing maybe im just THAT @%$#ed to download it but idk whats the reason, help me please with this issue.

Well, there shouldn’t be two Mods folders, only one. It must be /Mods/modname/ModInfo.xml as is described in the instructions.

Are you playing locally or on a server?

On 9/25/2022 at 4:17 PM, Sirillion said:

Well, there shouldn’t be two Mods folders, only one. It must be /Mods/modname/ModInfo.xml as is described in the instructions.

Are you playing locally or on a server?

on my own singleplayer server and ye i just got it already its aint 20.6 ty anyways (Edit: im stupid it is i just have skill issue

Edited by CocaineMan (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Pushed updates for: SMXhud, SMXcore, SMXmenu and SMXui.

ChangeLog - SMXhud - r20.rc7:

• ADDED: Block damage display for tools.
  • ADDED: Entity damage display for melee weapons.
  • CHANGE: Moved elevation to active tools display. (Shows when tools are held)
  • CHANGE: Moved back end code to SMXcore.
  • ADDED: Bloodmoon indicator under compass. Gradually shows when bloodmoon is near.

ChangeLog - SMXcore - r20.rc10:

• CHANGE: Back end code has migrated from all other modlets to SMXcore.
  • UPDATE: Quartz has been updated to 1.4.1. (Can be updated independently if needed)

ChangeLog - SMXui - r20.rc6:

• CHANGE: Moved back end code to SMXcore.
  • ADDED: Quartz lockable slots system. (Use ALT + Click to lock) (Old system still works too)
  • (Quartz lockable slots system allows for locking of individual container/vehicle/backpack slots and saves between sessions.)

ChangeLog - SMXmenu - r20.rc5:

• ADDED: Video Options Window.
  • ADDED: Audio Options Window.
  • ADDED: Control Options Window.
  • ADDED: News Window.
  • ADDED: Animated Background (By Mumpfy).

Pushed an update for: SMXcore

ChangeLog - SMXcore - r20.rc11:

• FIXED: Fixed a bug with the collection list when entering a vehicle.

Released a new compatibility patch for SCore

ChangeLog - ZMXuiCPSCBC - r20.rc1:

• ADDED: New compatibility patch to enable broadcast crafting in SCore.
  • DEPENDENCY: Requires SCore 20.6.285.831 to be installed (Not Included).

22-1665729719-1674952787.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, dudes, how is it going! I'm loving this mod, but i have an inssue - the items on a inventory and storage grids are too small!

I can't play for too long, because inventory becomes a hard to read mess when there is a lot of stuff - items are small and hard to recognize - you have to take closer looks all the time.

I have tried to change that myself by changing modlets, but it's pretty hard to figure out many of ui's elemets.

I managed to enlarge items on the inventory grid and the inventory itself, and it looks great on inventory screen - but other things "break".

For example - storages are too wide so combined with widened inventory results in them getting out of screen. 

Besides that - i am unable to figure out how to increase size of storage items - in the windows.xml i only managed to find how to increase grid itself, but not items that are in the grids.

There is a lot of unused space on the screen that could support increased inventory items, but i fail to implement such change. Also the middle container (item descriptions) between storage/trading/crafting and inventory can be shortened - it doesn't need to be this wide, so inventory could use that space.

Personally i found that perfect size is: 98x98 pixels.

Either way - i want to ask - can i requiest the mod to be adapted to such change? I don't know if that is purely my problem, but playing on large resolution (1920x1080) is very uncomfortable for the eyes and having a version with increased inventory items would be very much appreciated!

Edited by t1slam (see edit history)

On 11/7/2022 at 4:42 PM, t1slam said:

Hey, dudes, how is it going! I'm loving this mod, but i have an inssue - the items on a inventory and storage grids are too small!

I can't play for too long, because inventory becomes a hard to read mess when there is a lot of stuff - items are small and hard to recognize - you have to take closer looks all the time.

I have tried to change that myself by changing modlets, but it's pretty hard to figure out many of ui's elemets.

I managed to enlarge items on the inventory grid and the inventory itself, and it looks great on inventory screen - but other things "break".

For example - storages are too wide so combined with widened inventory results in them getting out of screen. 

Besides that - i am unable to figure out how to increase size of storage items - in the windows.xml i only managed to find how to increase grid itself, but not items that are in the grids.

There is a lot of unused space on the screen that could support increased inventory items, but i fail to implement such change. Also the middle container (item descriptions) between storage/trading/crafting and inventory can be shortened - it doesn't need to be this wide, so inventory could use that space.

Personally i found that perfect size is: 98x98 pixels.

Either way - i want to ask - can i requiest the mod to be adapted to such change? I don't know if that is purely my problem, but playing on large resolution (1920x1080) is very uncomfortable for the eyes and having a version with increased inventory items would be very much appreciated!

We have no plans to make any such changes. But I do have some new designs on the drawing board for the crafting/info/inventory windows but that is a long way out and there might not be changes to this extent.

22 hours ago, Sirillion said:

We have no plans to make any such changes. But I do have some new designs on the drawing board for the crafting/info/inventory windows but that is a long way out and there might not be changes to this extent.

I understand! 

So i have another question: if i want to make changes myself, where can i ask for advice? I have managed to achieve a pretty nice look for myself, but still have things to change that in haven't figured out how to.

For example:

- How do i make looting and storage windows scrollable like 100 slot inventory (SBBM)?

- How to properly increase looting window items? Right now they only increase in border size, not actual size, so it looks like i just add padding to the grid instead of making items larger.

- How do i regulate height of 100 slot inventory? When i change it's size (changed it to 7 columns and 14 rows and made slots 88x88 pixels) it starts overlapping the bottom.

Is this forum a right place for questions like that or is there a better choice? (like discord group, etc.)

Edited by t1slam
fix - switched "rows" and "columns" places (see edit history)