SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

I cannot play it currently as A18 is not running until I finally upgraded my computer, but I saw your changes on one of the youtuber channels and I have to say it looks amazing. Especially the new map and the block selector are really nice.

I was very cautios about the SMXui modlet as it changes the entire look and does not only add some small graphical details. But once you are used to it you don't want the old vanilla style back :)

Thank you for the kind words, they are much appreciated :)

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Ryu.ita said:

hy guys, and compliment for the mod.

I'd like to try it, but it seems that 18.4 (b4) is not yet supported; isn't it ?

It is fully supported, iirc there were no UI change between 18.3 and 18.4 so I saw no real benefit to update the mod other than to change the version number.

It's alive!

A19.0_2020-06-30_01-57-18.thumb.jpg.85a302f5d8bc93bc2f7b08fa8425557e.jpg

Screenshot from the DMT version of the upcoming SMXhudHarmony modlet. Expect it and its little brother SMXhud to drop sometime tomorrow.

SMXhud - Will be as you know it.
SMXhudHarmony - Will require you to use the DMT tool to patch the engine and injects new features to the engine. Like the ability to separate the ammo counter(lower right corner), true food and water label values on the food and water bars (lower left corner), colorable names in chat (not shown) and movable tooltipline (not shown- the line that shows above the toolbelt at times) to mention some of the features for SMXhudHarmony.

SMXuiHarmony will have even more features to further enhance the UI when we get to that point.

1 hour ago, pgriffith said:

C'mon man, you're killin' me here. Standard UI is awful.  😜

Hehe, I did state that no one should expect anything during experimental. 😜

You should try my other HUD while waiting, Z2.

SMX will still be at least another week due to family and holiday time. At this point I just hope I will be able to get it out before going back to work, if not we are looking at August.

I just hope people understand that I don’t have time to work on the modlets constantly. But I do spend every moment that I am able to on it.

2020.07.12 - A test version of SMX has now been uploaded to Nexusmods.

Please be advised that SMXlib is now a new, mandatory, modlet that all must install to be able to use SMX, this modlet is a library that contains all the assets that the modlets use and share. If this modlet is not installed, then you will experience errors and SMX will not work.

The different modlets are now as follows:

MAINS:
1 - SMXlib (CORE) - A library of assets and styles that the modlets share between them. MANDATORY!
2 - SMXhud - Consists of SMXhud, SMXhudTHB and ZMXhudCP. This is the hud as you know it but with the target health bar built in and a compatibility patch that hopefully will increase the level of compatibility between SMXhud and other modlets. (Don't want target health bars? Just deleted SMXhudTHB)
3 - SMXmenu - This is the menu as you know it.
4 - SMXui - Consists of SMXui and ZMXuiCP. This is the UI as you know it with a compatibility patch that hopefully will increase the level of compatibility between SMXui and other modlets.

OPTIONALS:
1 - SMXhudTB10 - An extension that converts SMXhud to work with 10 slot toolbelt DMT modlets. Does not contain a 10 slot toolbelt DMT modlet!
2 - SMXuiBBM - Converts SMXui to use a 63 slot bigger bag modlet.
3 - SMXuiBBMxl - Converts SMXui to use a 99 slot bigger bag modlet. (110 slots can be obtained with editing the code)

Please try and read the instructions BEFORE asking for help. SMXlib is mandatory, install it with your modlets of choice.

Do NOT use the links in the OP. All download must be done from here for the time being...

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/22?tab=files

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

// READ THIS FIRST! //

2020.07.18 - The experimental SMX version have been updated to support A19.0B169.

Please be advised that SMXlib is now a new, mandatory, modlet that all must install to be able to use SMX, this modlet is a library that contains all the assets that the modlets use and share. If this modlet is not installed, then you will experience errors and SMX will not work.

SMXhudTB10 does NOT make the tool belt have 10 slots, it just converts SMXhud to SUPPORT a 10 slot tool belt DMT mod. You will have to find and install a 10 slot tool belt DMT mod for it to work. Please do not make support claims for slot 9 and 10 not working if you do not have a 10 slot DMT mod installed. If you do not know how to find and install a 10 slot DMT mod then SMXhudTB10 is not for you!

// New as of 19.0.Release2 //

Some stuff have been moved around to further increase compatibility with other mods / modlets. Please be aware of the following changes:

SMXhudTHB has been moved to the compatibility branch and is now named ZMXhudCPTHB, delete SMXhudTHB when updating!
SMXuiBBM has been moved to the compatibility branch and is now named ZMXuiCPBBM, delete SMXuiBBM when updating!
SMXuiBBMxl has been moved to the compatibility branch and is now named ZMXuiCPBBMxl, delete SMXuiBBMxl when updating!

Failure to follow the above instructions can lead to unexpected results!

The different modlets are now as follows:

MAINS:
1 - SMXlib (CORE) - A library of assets and styles that the modlets share between them. MANDATORY!
2 - SMXhud - Consists of SMXhud, ZMXhudCP & ZMXhudCPTHB. This is the hud as you know it but with the target health bar built in and a compatibility patch that hopefully will increase the level of compatibility between SMXhud and other modlets. (Don't want target health bars? Just deleted ZMXhudCPTHB)
3 - SMXmenu - This is the menu as you know it.
4 - SMXui - Consists of SMXui and ZMXuiCP. This is the UI as you know it with a compatibility patch that hopefully will increase the level of compatibility between SMXui and other modlets.

OPTIONALS:
1 - SMXhudTB10 - An extension that converts SMXhud to work with 10 slot toolbelt DMT modlets. Does not contain a 10 slot toolbelt DMT modlet!
2 - ZMXuiCPBBM - Converts SMXui to use a 63 slot bigger bag modlet.
3 - ZMXuiCPBBMxl - Converts SMXui to use a 99 slot bigger bag modlet. Requires ZMXuiCPBBM to work. (110 slots can be obtained with editing the code)

Please try and read the instructions BEFORE asking for help. SMXlib is mandatory, install it with your modlets of choice.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS

Sirillion, I've been using ur mods for quite a few alphas and would like to know if u plan on releasing different hud versions like the old times (I mean the hp/food/etc part).

I actually like this one, just wanted it bigger, or another of the old versions as they were bigger too :)

thank you!

1 hour ago, danielspoa said:

Sirillion, I've been using ur mods for quite a few alphas and would like to know if u plan on releasing different hud versions like the old times (I mean the hp/food/etc part).

I actually like this one, just wanted it bigger, or another of the old versions as they were bigger too :)

thank you!

Hi, I cannot say that I do. At the moment the modlets are not complete and as such I am trying to not stray from the development path too much until they are. But maybe after that, when all the windows in all the modlets have been modded I can start considering that.

If you enable the 110 slot bp and die with a full inventory you lose everything beyond 99 slots. And if you leave it at 99 slots and and die with a full inventory you lose all beyond 90 slots. This is with the game set to drop backpack only.

If set to drop everything, you lose all above 90, your toolbelt and your clothes.

20200718174211_1.jpg

20200718174606_1.jpg

20200718174703_1.jpg

Edited by fclen (see edit history)

10 hours ago, fclen said:

If you enable the 110 slot bp and die with a full inventory you lose everything beyond 99 slots. And if you leave it at 99 slots and and die with a full inventory you lose all beyond 90 slots. This is with the game set to drop backpack only.

If set to drop everything, you lose all above 90, your toolbelt and your clothes.

20200718174211_1.jpg

20200718174606_1.jpg

20200718174703_1.jpg

An oversight on my part, thanks.

Fixed in the upcoming Release3, please play with drop nothing until that release comes out.

For some odd reason, cant get the HUD display properly. Day and time is missing, The compass is in the middle of the screen (on crosshair). Tried editing position, but failed miserably =(. Help. I downloaded the Core lib, and HUD modlet. B173 version.