SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

when I use the mod I get the error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_BuffPopoutList.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x002c0] in <e37ed47c6bbc4ff88bb27cec364cf24f>:0

at XUiController.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x0004f] in <e37ed47c6bbc4ff88bb27cec364cf24f>:0

at XUiController.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x0004f] in <e37ed47c6bbc4ff88bb27cec364cf24f>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (System.Single updateDeltaTime) [0x0014d] in <e37ed47c6bbc4ff88bb27cec364cf24f>:0

at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x0003f] in <e37ed47c6bbc4ff88bb27cec364cf24f>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x0002e] in <e37ed47c6bbc4ff88bb27cec364cf24f>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <e37ed47c6bbc4ff88bb27cec364cf24f>:0

just to let you know I get an error with the SMX-menu mod to

Which client version are you running it on? If 18.3 then that is the reason as SMX modlets do not support 18.3 until it leaves experimental. And that is because the versions doesn’t exist yet, I am soon finished with SMXmenu, moving to SMXhud when that is done.

Hi everyone,

first of all: Happy New Year :)

I'd like to use SMXhud on my computer. I run 7DTD in A17.4 on a local dedicated linux server installed with linuxgsm (for performance reasons). I downloaded the latest version (18.2.r1) and extracted the entire folder to ./serverfiles/Mods/SMXhud, this is what it looks like:

sdtdserver@yawns-server:~/serverfiles/Mods/SMXhud$ ls -la
total 24
drwxrwxr-x 4 sdtdserver sdtdserver 4096 Dec 30 19:58 .
drwxrwxr-x 3 sdtdserver sdtdserver 4096 Dec 30 20:03 ..
drwxrwxr-x 3 sdtdserver sdtdserver 4096 Dec 30 19:58 Config
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sdtdserver sdtdserver  311 Dec 30 19:58 ModInfo.xml
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sdtdserver sdtdserver  324 Dec 30 19:58 mod.xml
drwxrwxr-x 4 sdtdserver sdtdserver 4096 Dec 30 19:58 UIAtlases
sdtdserver@yawns-server:~/serverfiles/Mods/SMXhud$

All files in subfolders exist.

In addition I extracted the modlet to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SMXhud

However the images are not shown, my hud now looks like this:

A17.4_2020-01-01_21-24-43.jpg.34ecfaaeef5c62d4e889551357d4bced.jpg

Any idea why this is the case? Do I need another version of the modlet for A17.4 ? Is this a problem with my screen resolution (1680x1050) ?

the fun pimps need to hire the dev of this mod and make it the new vanilla ui. This ui is far superior to the current vanilla one.

Thank you for the kind words. I am sure TFP has someone much more qualified for the job should they wish to change their user interface :)

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be possible to also update this mod for the latest experimental 18.3b3? I started modding but the ui files are much more confusing that adding a couple of recipes and items.

I really enjoy using this mod and the default hub doesn't show enough, but I also like the framerate improvement of the new build.

I hope you'll have enough time to release it soon. Hope you are doing well and thanks for your time making this <3

EDIT:

I opened the mod and replaced all AgencyB with ReferenceFont. It works but I think the font height has changed the the text in the hub is slightly lower than it should.

Edited by SickWolf (see edit history)

18.3 versions will be made available when the experimental version moves to the stable branch. I try to add a patching modlet whenever an experimental releases but the changes introduced this time around made that an impossibility due to the amount of changes needing to be done.

I started having this problem with the SMXMenu just starting today, although it's looking like (to me anyway) that this may be the same problem from others before, but instead of the 'Video options' menu, it's all menus incl. the Continue Save which is featured in the screens.

873200679_7DaystoDieScreenshot2020_01.24-15_38_42_71.jpg.9f2b2fd591b94feaf21358bce5b770c1.jpg

I'm using the launcher as well if that helps too, but not sure what other info you may need if any.

For now playing with that specific mod uninstalled, as that is the only problem I'm having so far in my modlet list.

**New edit**

Apparently it's all SMX elements, and/or their interaction with the game. When I loaded into my saved world, not only were the elements not showing, but my progress was reset as well because I left it on day 2 working on my base from last night, and was locked out of any input and had to Alt+F4 in order to exit.

1162100746_7DaystoDieScreenshot2020_01.24-15_53_23_30.jpg.910b34d79393598f7b9d2b68da699e0c.jpg

The red text was a continuous rapid repetition.

1280256633_7DaystoDieScreenshot2020_01_24-15_24_21_79.jpg.1f5213d48cc18846020b5051549a0c61.jpg

2090418542_7DaystoDieScreenshot2020_01.24-15_25_21_77.jpg.bc75700be41510daf790c2dafc46b23e.jpg

Edited by NazT_DragN
updating to include additional results (see edit history)

Oh yay...

I just noticed that even though it's labeled as a "Language Patch" it actually has a lot to it. I didn't realize that changing a language had to do with the Font being used.

I just read it all, and wish it was labeled differently to something of more importance. Since I do not understand any other languages I thought nothing of it...and now that my saves were reset from the changes I need to start over yet again.

....I'm starting to get tired of having to constantly "Start over" after all I time I put into play and building.

Nothing aimed at the Mod at all, just venting in general.

SMXhud update available.

SMXmenu update available.

SMXui update available.

SMXuiBBM update available.

Currently only available for download on Nexus as I am at work and have limited time. Expect all links and posts to be updated on Wednesday next week when I am back home.

Until then download from Nexus

New in this version:

New Unit Frame (SMXhud)

New Vehicle Frame (SMXhud)

New Forge Windwo (SMXui)

New Block Selector (SMXui - Experimental, not final version)

New Map Screen (SMXui - First Draft, not final version)

EDIT: And about losing saves. It is a good routine to do a save backup before doing any mod changes.

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

18.3 versions will be made available when the experimental version moves to the stable branch. I try to add a patching modlet whenever an experimental releases but the changes introduced this time around made that an impossibility due to the amount of changes needing to be done.

Thanks!

I love it.

Well, that’s it then, my work is done and I can finally go back home.

I will be taking another pass at the new features from the 18.3 release and I am particularly interested in how people perceived the block selector. Am I swinging a miss with the whole radial style look? Would you prefer it as a more normal window?

Same goes for the new unit frame. Did you prefer the old one or the new one?

Well, that’s it then, my work is done and I can finally go back home.

I will be taking another pass at the new features from the 18.3 release and I am particularly interested in how people perceived the block selector. Am I swinging a miss with the whole radial style look? Would you prefer it as a more normal window?

Same goes for the new unit frame. Did you prefer the old one or the new one?

I cannot play it currently as A18 is not running until I finally upgraded my computer, but I saw your changes on one of the youtuber channels and I have to say it looks amazing. Especially the new map and the block selector are really nice.

I was very cautios about the SMXui modlet as it changes the entire look and does not only add some small graphical details. But once you are used to it you don't want the old vanilla style back :)

• Sirillion changed the title to SMX - (Alpha19.3)
  • Sirillion changed the title to SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)