SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

Ok that is strange I have installed again and is working fine,  sorry to have wasted your time. I assure you I did double check things were there before so very confused but glad its working.  Originally I had installed it wrong (only left size I wanted) but had since fixed that, maybe I did not restart dedicated server but fairly sure I did. I guess I must have done something wrong, so frustrating I can't work out what though.       

Thank you, had completely missed the fact there is colour coding for item level.

1 hour ago, Hiperion said:

@Sirillion Any chance we can get a branch with hosted textures?

Would like to use this awesome UI pack but i can't install it from geforce now, so i need to install it from the server side.

There are only two textures in SMX, the menu background and the compass line. The rest are sprites and those cannot be hosted online.

2 hours ago, CrazyBoyyy said:

Hi, is possible to install this mod on my server which is hosted on 4players ? Or is any mod which I can install on server that change ui etc. ?

You can install this mod on the server, but all the players should install this mod too from the client side.

7dsmxupdate.png.38f3c7e8e2aaffd1857e8ea74d28055c.png

yrV2yPA.png

// SMXui updated to 19.3.Release1

• SMXui - Moved the Perks UI to a separate modlet.
  • SMXui - Players Window: Adjusted the width of the distance column by 20px.
  • SMXui - Fixed a small bug in the itemInfoPanel window.
  • SMXui - Fixed two bugs with the perks/buffs. Thanks Napalm91 for reporting!
  • SMXui - Fixed a layering issue in the books window.

Both NexusMods and GitHub are now updated with the new versions.

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

Hi!

I am trying to install this UI, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it... :(

Which exact file do I download, and where do I put it?

Every file I have downloaded, does not have a MODS folder in it. I have tried extracting everything into the MODS folder, but I just can't get it to work.

Do I need another program or something?

Thank you for any reply.

Pjew

9 minutes ago, Pjew said:

Hi!

I am trying to install this UI, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it... :(

Which exact file do I download, and where do I put it?

Every file I have downloaded, does not have a MODS folder in it. I have tried extracting everything into the MODS folder, but I just can't get it to work.

Do I need another program or something?

Thank you for any reply.

Pjew

I got it working! yay!

It is just not working when I play on a friends server.. Can anyone explain to me why that is?

7 hours ago, Pjew said:

I got it working! yay!

It is just not working when I play on a friends server.. Can anyone explain to me why that is?

That is because it is not installed on the server. In 7D the server is the one that dictate what mods will work, if it’s not installed on the server it won’t load.

Hello SIRILLION, 

I love the mods that you have set up, however I have some display problems when using them.

I just downloaded them on the link https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/22?tab=files .

The mods are installed on a personal server (dedicated PC). 

I don't understand where the display problems below come from.

List of mods

image.png.556a7ab2b71bc7ce3893a99779e04ddb.png

Screen capture of errors.

image.png.c7f6c0f7dfb88041dde95685d9a8543a.png

image.png.2b993899c350faa8261019176e662516.png

image.png.7727db83fd0b5a5c55cfa251f48fa498.png

image.png.9fb72a26ce294a092056a390b9823994.png

image.png.575fc7a6ec6b7d6a0b048d59007737c1.png

image.png.7a84f52939f2747f0640f89d65650094.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

31 minutes ago, Aulit42369 said:

Hello SIRILLION, 

I love the mods that you have set up, however I have some display problems when using them.

I just downloaded them on the link https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/22?tab=files .

The mods are installed on a personal server (dedicated PC). 

I don't understand where the display problems below come from.

List of mods

image.png.556a7ab2b71bc7ce3893a99779e04ddb.png

Screen capture of errors.

image.png.c7f6c0f7dfb88041dde95685d9a8543a.png

image.png.2b993899c350faa8261019176e662516.png

image.png.7727db83fd0b5a5c55cfa251f48fa498.png

image.png.9fb72a26ce294a092056a390b9823994.png

image.png.575fc7a6ec6b7d6a0b048d59007737c1.png

image.png.7a84f52939f2747f0640f89d65650094.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

SMX also needs to be installed on the clients.

2 hours ago, Sirillion said:

SMX doit également être installé sur les clients.

Thank you for your prompt return.

Indeed it works better. 

I notice 2 problems following the installation of the mods, the first one on the XXL mod, when opening the storage boxes, impossible to use the storage shortcuts (the icons are hidden)

image.thumb.png.8532e0b299eb89a67ee0481a920d3ce3.png

Also the yam time does not scroll I am at 00H00 since the installation of the mod.

image.png.3ac97a7b7acf06b8477793d0f574ed1c.png

6 minutes ago, Aulit42369 said:

Thank you for your prompt return.

Indeed it works better. 

I notice 2 problems following the installation of the mods, the first one on the XXL mod, when opening the storage boxes, impossible to use the storage shortcuts (the icons are hidden)

image.thumb.png.8532e0b299eb89a67ee0481a920d3ce3.png

Also the yam time does not scroll I am at 00H00 since the installation of the mod.

image.png.3ac97a7b7acf06b8477793d0f574ed1c.png

The backpack issue is due to improper mod installation. The backpack modlets are dependent on each other. So to use BBMXXL you also need BBMXL and BBM installed.

The clock is due to you installing too much. That is part of the Darkness Falls compatibility patch, and unless you run Darkness Falls those are not needed. Both ZMXhudCPDF and ZMXmenuCPDF are compatibility patches that are not needed with SMX alone.

11 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

Le problème du sac à dos est dû à une mauvaise installation du mod. Les modlets de sac à dos dépendent les uns des autres. Donc, pour utiliser BBMXXL, vous devez également installer BBMXL et BBM.

L'horloge est due au fait que vous en installez trop. Cela fait partie du correctif de compatibilité de Darkness Falls, et à moins que vous n'exécutiez Darkness Falls, ils ne sont pas nécessaires. ZMXhudCPDF et ZMXmenuCPDF sont des correctifs de compatibilité qui ne sont pas nécessaires avec SMX seul.

Great, it works perfectly.
Congratulations to you for this titanic work and for your quick response. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just found your thread regarding this, I'll try installing this latest version and see if it resolves the Perks issue:

Tried the version from GitHub but still kicks the NullException Error when attempting to access Perks Menu:  // SMXui updated to 19.3.Release1

27 minutes ago, Ravagers said:

Ok, just found your thread regarding this, I'll try installing this latest version and see if it resolves the Perks issue:

Tried the version from GitHub but still kicks the NullException Error when attempting to access Perks Menu:  // SMXui updated to 19.3.Release1

Are you running SMXui together with other mods that also does changes to the perks?

I'll check them and let you know what I find.  It's a small handful of mods, so shouldn't take long.

Ok, looks like the mod "Research System and New Weapons" adds new perks for unlocking new weapon types in the mod.  I didn't see any perks being added or modified by the other three mods. 

6 hours ago, Ravagers said:

I'll check them and let you know what I find.  It's a small handful of mods, so shouldn't take long.

Ok, looks like the mod "Research System and New Weapons" adds new perks for unlocking new weapon types in the mod.  I didn't see any perks being added or modified by the other three mods. 

Then that is the problem. SMXui is not compatible with any other mods or modlets that adds to the progression.xml file. Exceptions exist but then it is usually stated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a major issue with the modelts themselves. I'm using the bigger XXL bag modlet, and the empty spaces is outside of my inventory screen. Along, with my tool bar with numbers 10 through 15 being glitched. Tool bar number 10 deletes my items, and everything else is used as storage in the extra tool bar spaces. I can even duplicate edible items which swaps out to tool bar number 10, then grab it and place it back in my bag. So, I can only swap out only through numbers 1 through 9, with the others inaccessible. As they are only used as storage, except for 10. 

34 minutes ago, gamefreak89 said:

I'm having a major issue with the modelts themselves. I'm using the bigger XXL bag modlet, and the empty spaces is outside of my inventory screen. Along, with my tool bar with numbers 10 through 15 being glitched. Tool bar number 10 deletes my items, and everything else is used as storage in the extra tool bar spaces. I can even duplicate edible items which swaps out to tool bar number 10, then grab it and place it back in my bag. So, I can only swap out only through numbers 1 through 9, with the others inaccessible. As they are only used as storage, except for 10. 

Well, you haven’t really read the instructions then I take it?

The slots being outside the backpack is because you haven’t installed the BBM modlets correctly, they all depend on each other and as such you need to install them all up to the level of slots you want to use. This is in the installation instructions.

The 15 slot backpack is only for Darkness Falls, and is not going to work if used without it, so here you installed too much of the optional. This is also in the descriptions.

It is important to take notice of what you are actually installing and how it should be installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Put the War_of_the_Walkers mod!
And oh, horror !! There is a new version of SMX!
Well, it's impossible to play this black and terrible creature!
Not only is it almost impossible to see anything on a black background, they also made a darkening!
Who thought of making all the recipes dark? Now, by touch, you need to seek, seek, seek, seek until you lose consciousness!
Or unload every resource from chests, boxes into your inventory, and go to the workbench to see what can be done from this!
Otherwise, there will be barely, barely visible contours!
According to the new version of the mod, it is clear that the mod has advanced very far, please, colored icons in the skills.
But I started learning programming to remove this nasty black color! And to clean up, this is your recipe darkening invention!

2 hours ago, user2010 said:

Put the War_of_the_Walkers mod!
And oh, horror !! There is a new version of SMX!
Well, it's impossible to play this black and terrible creature!
Not only is it almost impossible to see anything on a black background, they also made a darkening!
Who thought of making all the recipes dark? Now, by touch, you need to seek, seek, seek, seek until you lose consciousness!
Or unload every resource from chests, boxes into your inventory, and go to the workbench to see what can be done from this!
Otherwise, there will be barely, barely visible contours!
According to the new version of the mod, it is clear that the mod has advanced very far, please, colored icons in the skills.
But I started learning programming to remove this nasty black color! And to clean up, this is your recipe darkening invention!

I am not entirely sure why you bring your grief here? I am not part of the War of the Walkers development team, never has been. That they use SMX for their mod and the changes they make or not make to it is their business and I have no influence there.

If you don't like it then I suggest you go play something else.

12 hours ago, Sirillion said:

Я не совсем уверен, зачем вы приносите сюда свое горе? Я не являюсь частью команды разработчиков War of the Walkers, никогда не был. То, что они используют SMX для своих модов, и изменения, которые они вносят или не вносят в него, - это их дело, и я не имею на них никакого влияния.

Если вам это не нравится, я предлагаю вам поиграть во что-нибудь другое.

I apologize, but if I understood you correctly, then all I wrote is their revisions ??