Sirillion

SMX - (Alpha19.1)

spacer.png

// Greetings, fellow survivors!

Welcome to the new and improved SMX modlets for 7 Days to Die - Alpha 19.

With this modlet series my goal is to give the entire 7DTD user interface an extreme makeover and refashion it into how I believe the user interface for the game should be experienced. The mod consists of several modlets which can be broken down into three separate mods. These are all stand alone and can be used alone or, as is the intention, together with the other two. These three mods combined is what makes the SMX experience complete!

Please be advised that SMXlib is a library modlet that all the other modlets fetch assets from. Because of this it is a mandatory modlet that is included with all the different downloads.

There are also optional downloads, like the bigger backpack modlets, the target health bar modlet and the third forge slot expansion.

I hope you will enjoy to play 7DTD using the SMX modlets. And if you do, please consider endorsing it, have fun! :)

// Terms of Use.

You are allowed to use this modlet as is for your own personal use and/or on a server you run and/or administrate.

You are under no circumstance allowed to distribute any SMX and/or ZMX branded modlets without written consent from the developer.

If you wish to distribute SMX and/or ZMX branded modlets as part of your own project and consent have been given you are required to do so in such a way so that all the files of the SMX and/or ZMX modlet or modlets in question remain unaltered and you cannot under any circumstance claim credit for creating the modlet or modlets or any of the files provided with it/them.

If consent is given you are required to make the changes as a new modlet that injects into the modlet in question and keeping load order in mind it is to be named so that it loads AFTER the original modlet. The original modlet shall be distributed as is with no change to its files what so ever.

If consent is given it is only given on a case to case basis and those that receive consent cannot pass that consent on to another party or project. Nor will the consent pass on to other creators that opt to include consented work into their project.

You are not allowed to use any of the assets bundled with SMX and/or ZMX branded modlets in other projects. This restriction applies to all files that the SMX and/or ZMX modlets consist of.

You are required to seek special consent from the developer should you wish to make changes to any asset files provided with the SMX and/or ZMX branded modlets.

You are required to inform the developer when your project that contains any SMX and/or ZMX modlet or modlets have been made available to the public.

spacer.png

// SMXhud // The HUD replacement modlet...

SMXhud is SMX as you know it from Alpha 16 first remade into a modlet and tweaked for Alpha 17 & 18 and now further enhanced for Alpha 19. The purpose of SMXhud is to take the in-game HUD into a more horror like and gritty art style all while trying to stay as informative as possible while not being intrusive on your gameplay.

spacer.png

SMXhud - The Base HUD conversion.

spacer.png

ZMXhudCPTHB - Enables the Target Health Bar for SMXhud. (Install optional modlet ZMXhudCPTHB to get the target health bar)

spacer.png

// SMXmenu // The MENU replacement modlet...

SMXmenu is a menu conversion modlet. It was made to extend the art style of SMX into the menu UI’s of the game and even though it was made to supplement SMXhud it will also work stand alone for those that just want to modify their menu UI's.

spacer.png

SMXmenu - The Main Menu conversion.

22-1601026480-979299605.jpeg

SMXmenu - The In-Game Menu conversion.

spacer.png

SMXmenu - Video Settings Window.

spacer.png

// SMXui // The UI replacement modlet...

SMXui is an extension of SMXhud and SMXmenu and will bring the art style over to the rest of the user interface. I've tried to maintain as close a relation to the vanilla interface as possible but I have also granted myself some artistic freedom when it comes to some areas. It deviates from vanilla with the fifth crafting queue slot which I added to make it fit the overall design better. The other changes I made are all optional like the third forge slot and the 63, 99 and 110 slot big bag conversion modlets for those that want a bit bigger bags.

spacer.png

SMXui - The forge with the third forge slot enabled. (Install optional modlet ZMXuiCPTFS to get the third forge slot and ZMXuiCPBBM to get the bigger backpack)

spacer.png

SMXui - Totally reworked skills windows. The goal was to make it look like a talent screen.

spacer.png

SMXui - Trader Window.

yrV2yPA.png

// Download Locations...

SMX modlets can be downloaded from NexusMods, Github or via the Mod Launcher. Click the appropriate icon below to start a download from your favorite source or use the 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher by SphereII to install the SMX modlets on your system.

// THE MAIN MODLETS //

Download SMXhud - NexusMods          Download SMXhud - GitHub          Download SMXmenu - NexusMods          Download SMXmenu - GitHub          Download SMXui - NexusMods          Download SMXui - GitHub

// THE OPTIONAL MODLETS //

Download ZMXhudCPTHB - NexusMods          Download ZMXhudCPTHB - GitHub          Download ZMXuiCPBBM - NexusMods          Download ZMXuiCPBBM - GitHub          Download ZMXuiCPTFS - NexusMods          Download ZMXuiCPTFS - GitHub

yrV2yPA.png

// Installation and removal procedures...

• Download the modlet from one of the locations below.
  • Decompress the modlet using WinRAR or a compatible archiver.
  • Copy or move the Mods folder into your 7 Days to Die installation folder. Overwrite if prompted.
  • Verify the install by checking that the ModInfo.xml file is located in this hierarchy: "\Mods\modletname\ModInfo.xml"
  • Remove by deleting the modlet folder in question inside the Mods folder.

spacer.png

// Support SMX Development...

All SMX branded mods and/or modlets will forever be free of charge and available for everyone to download and enjoy. I do however from time to time get questions from users on how they can donate to me and support the SMX development. The purpose of this link is nothing more than a way for me to cater to those that want to make a donation. You should under no circumstance feel obligated to do so, but if you do decide to do it I want you to know that is comes greatly appreciated.

Donation or not I would like to extend a thank you to all that download and use the different SMX mods, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do making them.

If you feel like making a donation to support the development of the SMX branded modifications, click the image below.

SMX Development Donation

Edited by Sirillion
New version update. (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Every time there is an update from 7D2D in Steam do I have to reinstall this modlet?

If there is a change to the files I modify it is advised to update. But I usually check and confirm here on updates if I get the chance.

If there is a change to the files I modify it is advised to update. But I usually check and confirm here on updates if I get the chance.

Thank you.

Stupid question... what are the three icons in the top left. I know one is elevation, one is outside temp? what's the other?

There are no stupid questions :)

From left to right those are Elevation, Temperature (Environment) and Temperature (Feels like).

So the one with the coat for an Icon is how the temperature feels to the player after different modifiers are in place, like clothing, clothing mods, food etc.

... sounds like a challenge...

Is there cheese in a cheeseburger?

And to be on topic: Woo! Love this UI mod. It makes surviving so much more manageable

i tryed loading this on to my pve server but when i logged in i could see the numbers and stuff in the top right but the boxs around my tool belt are gone and its not in black like in the pics ... i dropped the smx hud folder in my mod folder on my server .. any fix for this ? does this mod have to be on server and player side ?

Edited by saltyzombies (see edit history)

i tryed loading this on to my pve server but when i logged in i could see the numbers and stuff in the top right but the boxs around my tool belt are gone and its not in black like in the pics ... i dropped the smx hud folder in my mod folder on my server .. any fix for this ? does this mod have to be on server and player side ?

Yes, when used on a server this mod has to be on both server and client.

The reason for this is that to get this level of customization from the vanilla experience I have to use custom made assets and as such those assets are not present in the vanilla asset files and if the client doesn't have them installed the game won't find them as the server only sends the information about where they should exist and not the assets themselves.

wum8yGp.png

yrV2yPA.png

// 7 Days to Die just updated to A18B143.

There were no changes to the files we modify, no SMX update needed.

Unless I am blind, which is fully possible :) , I don't see anything about you updating the SMXhudBBM. Are you planning to update that? Or should it work as is?

Unless I am blind, which is fully possible :) , I don't see anything about you updating the SMXhudBBM. Are you planning to update that? Or should it work as is?

Hi,

No, no blindness involved. This is correct, I have not updated SMXhudBBM and the reason for that is that I have moved the BBM part over to SMXui, which I am currently developing. SMXhudBBM has been reported to work though, even if I have not even tested to see that for myself.

If all else fails there are other BBM mods and modlet out there that will work fine with SMXhud as it doesn't touch the backpack.

When it comes to SMXui I have been saying in a few days for a while now, and at this point I am not gonna say anything as it takes more time than I thought to clean it up for shipping. I am working as fast as I can and it will be ready soon :)

...and to those that wait...a small teaser...

PFeacAr.jpg

Hi,

No, no blindness involved. This is correct, I have not updated SMXhudBBM and the reason for that is that I have moved the BBM part over to SMXui, which I am currently developing. SMXhudBBM has been reported to work though, even if I have not even tested to see that for myself.

If all else fails there are other BBM mods and modlet out there that will work fine with SMXhud as it doesn't touch the backpack.

When it comes to SMXui I have been saying in a few days for a while now, and at this point I am not gonna say anything as it takes more time than I thought to clean it up for shipping. I am working as fast as I can and it will be ready soon :)

...and to those that wait...a small teaser...

PFeacAr.jpg

Very nice.

@Sirillion Hello, i think there's a bug. I cannot choose the "Drop nothing on dead" option

Yes, I am aware. There is a bug in the SMXmenu modlet, I will push an update a bit later this evening.

I use the bigger backpack 60 slot, not otger hud. And this hud. Works fine!

Glad to hear it, I am currently working on the last few “must add” window for SMXui, the bbm being one of them, got that completed yesterday. I reduced it a bit though, due to UI real estate, it is now 63 slots. I could add the 72 slot version as an option still but it would mean that the windows “flow” outside the visual area from time to time.

Using it. The transparent toolbelt takes some getting used to but a few hours in and it's all good. :)

Using it. The transparent toolbelt takes some getting used to but a few hours in and it's all good. :)

Glad to hear it. The transparent tool belt have been a thing for SMX since the beginning, this changes soon. From the next version the tool belt will have the same backdrop as the upcoming SMXui inventory and other slots have.

sorry for the silly question but where is the xp bar? or is it invisible? thanks.

The XP bar is in the upper left corner. It is the white circle that surrounds the level number.