SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

a20_banner_forum.thumb.png.26a3b656484ceccf581039e02e0990b7.png

// GREETINGS //

Welcome to the new and improved SMX series for 7 Days to Die - Alpha 21.

The goal with this mod is to give the entire 7 Days to Die user interface an extreme makeover an refashion it into how I believe the user interface for the game should be experienced. SMX consist of several modlets which can be broken down into three separate mods: SMXhud, SMXmenu and SMXui. These are all stand alone and can be used separately or, as is the intention, together with the other two and all three mods combined is what makes the SMX experience complete!

In addition we have the core, the main modlet if you will, SMXlib. This is a library modlet and even though it makes very little changes on its own it holds all the assets that the other mods need to function. Because of this it is a mandatory modlet that will need to be downloaded and installed no matter which of the other ones you choose to use.

SMX tries to create an experience as close up towards the vanilla user interface as possible. With little to no changes that can disrupt the balance of the game. The only exception being the extra slot on the crafting queue which is there to make the design fit and hardly disrupts game balance!

Then we have the optional modlets. We are aware that some people want the extra bling bling, and as such we offer these as optional downloads that can be installed alongside the main modlets from each series to expand upon the features from vanilla. We offer official optional downloads such as: Target Health Bar, Bigger Bags and a Third Forge Slot.

Other optional modlets and compatibility patches might become available from other mod authors.

We hope you will enjoy playing 7 Days to Die with the new experience that SMX brings to the table.

Have fun! :)

- The SMX team.

// TERMS OF USE //

• You are allowed to use these modlets as is for your own personal use and/or on a server you run and/or administrate.
  • You are under no circumstance allowed to distribute any SMX and/or ZMX branded modlets without written consent from the main developer.
  • If you wish to distribute SMX and/or ZMX branded modlets as part of your own project and consent have been given you are required to do so in such a way so that all the files of the SMX and/or ZMX modlet or modlets in question remain unaltered and you cannot under any circumstance claim credit for creating the modlet or modlets or any of the files provided with it/them.
  • If consent is given you are required to make any changes as a new modlet that injects into the modlet in question and keeping load order in mind it is to be named so that it loads AFTER the original modlet. The original modlet shall be distributed as is with no change to its files what so ever.
  • If consent is given it is only given on a case to case basis and those that receive consent cannot pass that consent on to another party or project. Nor will the consent pass on to other creators that opt to include consented work into their project.
  • You are not allowed to use any of the assets bundled with SMX and/or ZMX branded modlets in other projects. This restriction applies to all files that the SMX and/or ZMX modlets consist of. EXCEPTION: The content of the Harmony folder is to be considered open source and can be used freely as long as the original credit comments within the files are not removed or altered other than adding to.
  • You are required to seek special consent from the main developer should you wish to make changes to any asset files provided with the SMX and/or ZMX branded modlets.
  • You are required to inform the main developer when your project that contains any SMX and/or ZMX modlet or modlets have been made available to the public.

// MEET THE TEAM //

As of A20 I decided to move SMX into the lands of Harmony and with that digging even deeper into what we can do with modding the game. This requires knowledge that I do not possess enough of to be able to continue working on this on my own. As a result the team has grown and we have added some supernerds that know this stuff.

Main Credits:

• Sirillion (main developer/designer/xml/coding)
  • sphereii (developer/coding)
  • TormentedEmu (developer/coding)
  • Laydor (developer/coding),

Contributors:

• Mumpfy(art)

// SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT //

All SMX branded mods and modlets will forever be free of charge and available for everyone to download and enjoy. We do however from time to time get questions from users on how they can donate to support the development. The purpose of this link is nothing more than a way for us to cater to those that want to make a donation. You should under no circumstance feel obligated to do so, but if you do decide to do it we want you to know that is comes greatly appreciated.

Donation or not we would like to extend a thank you to all that download and use the different SMX mods, we hope you enjoy them as much as we do making them.

If you feel like making a donation to support the development of the SMX branded modifications, click the image below or scan the QR code.

SMX Development Donation

119453095_SMXDevelopmentDonationsQR.png.8835751460997adca49b06559abd110b.png

smxlib_separation_line_1.png.661fbb4945ea15ac58ecb7846309ed81.png

// DO YOU NEED SUPPORT? //

We strive to make SMX in the best possible way and try to make user actions with it as smooth as possible. But we are still here to answer questions if you run into problems with it or it's installation procedure. Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any issue, big or small, we just ask you to run this simple checklist before coming to ask us for help and just maybe you will be able to help yourself first.

• Did you install all the downloaded folders? Do note that SMXhud and SMXui both have an additional folder that needs installing. (ZMXhudCP and ZMXuiCP)
  • Did you install SMXlib? This modlet contains all the assets (custom graphics) we use and without this your UI will be mostly transparent.
  • Did you check the folder hierarchy and made sure you didn't install the modlets too deep?
  • Did you disable ALL other mods or modlets and then try again to see if the problem still exists? (Be careful with this, backup your save!)
  • Did you check the support sites to see if anyone else have had the same problem recently?

If you ran this checklist and still need our support please contact us on one of the links below or just post in this thread. But please, only post on one of the support channels. Pick one and stick with it as we do monitor all of them and having to answer the same thing on several sites just leads to confusion.

Discord-Logo-Color.png.0901d60957747c7798f4fb54945c96c1.png nexus_download_button.png.f56b9fc9445ab3025e30a83d4202b0b7.png git_download_button.png.ca40d84ca31407423e3c3471e49745c2.png

// INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL PROCEDURES //

• First and foremost, the most important thing you need to do with SMX in A20: >> !!TURN OFF EAC!! <<
  • Backup your save game before installing ANY mods to the game. We don't expect SMX to cause any issues, it is just good practice!
  • Download the mod or mods you want to install from the list below.
  • Decompress the downloaded files with WinRAR or a compatible compression software like 7zip.
  • Copy or move the Mods folder you just decompressed into your 7 Days to Die installation folder. Overwrite if prompted.
  • Verify your install by checking that the ModInfo.xml file is located in this Hierarchy: "\Mods\modletname\ModInfo.xml"
  • Remove by deleting the modlet folder in question from within the Mods folder.

// DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS //

SMX modlets can be downloaded from Nexusmods (our main site) or GitHub. Alternatively it can be installed via the 7 Days to Die Mod Launcher by sphereii. When opting to use Nexusmods or GitHub you will have to do the installation manually by following the procedure above. When opting to use the Mod Launcher the installation procedure will be more automated but you will need to make sure that all the different modlets are installed as you won't get nested downloads like from the other two.

Please note that the Mod Launcher is a separate piece of software that you will need to download and install on your system and then setup properly before downloading mods and modlets with it. The link below is to the main Mod Launcher web page.

Follow the links below to go to the download sites and then select which mods to download from there.

nexus_download_button.png.f56b9fc9445ab3025e30a83d4202b0b7.png git_download_button.png.ca40d84ca31407423e3c3471e49745c2.png modlauncher_logo.icon.thumb.png.e1c1b8cc34fc02a6af0f7716bc6df2a9.png

// SMXhud - THE HUD REPLACEMENT MODLET //

SMXhud changes the game HUD. Everything you see on the interface while running around in the game world is part of the HUD experience. The purpose of SMXhud is to change that part of the user interface and change it into a more horror like and gritty art style all while trying to be as informative as possible but not intrusive.

A20.0_2022-01-17_17-29-52.thumb.jpg.5b39d0d3b95332736a16eaee59d9af9e.jpg

SMXhud - The Base HUD conversion.

A20.0_2022-01-17_17-31-55.thumb.jpg.9f057c5ba373740b3566d471ddd0923d.jpg

ZMXhudCPTHB - Enables the Target Health Bar for SMXhud. (Install optional modlet ZMXhudCPTHB to get the target health bar)

// SMXmenu - THE MENU REPLACEMENT MODLET //

SMXmenu changes the game menus. Everything you see when you start the game or when navigating the different options and settings is part of the menu experience. The purpose of SMXmenu is to extend the art style and feeling from the HUD into the menus and to supplement SMXhud to create the SMX experience.

A20.0_2022-01-07_01-54-09.thumb.jpg.713c74056fad3e52ce8f20d3753530f1.jpg

SMXmenu - The Main Menu conversion.

A20.0_2022-01-07_01-52-55.thumb.jpg.efd406771e8ff7a7a0534e3a25548e52.jpg

SMXmenu - The In-Game Menu conversion.

spacer.png

SMXmenu - Video Settings Window. ( !! NOT YET AVAILABLE IN A20 - COMING !! )

// SMXui - THE UI REPLACEMENT MODLET //

SMXui is an extension of SMXhud and SMXmenu and will bring the art style over to the rest of the user interface. We've tried to maintain as close a relation to the vanilla interface as possible but we have also granted ourselves some artistic freedom when it comes to some areas. It deviates from vanilla with the fifth crafting queue slot which I added to make it fit the overall design better. The other changes we made are all optional like the third forge slot, the target health bar and the big bag conversion modlets for those that want a bit bigger bags.

A20.0_2022-01-16_23-35-03.thumb.jpg.291b3d9255594947090e22ed3c83434e.jpg

SMXui - The forge with the third forge slot enabled. (Install optional modlet ZMXuiCPTFS to get the third forge slot and ZMXuiCPBBM to get the bigger backpack)

spacer.png

SMXui - Totally reworked skills windows. The goal was to make it look like a talent screen. ( !! NOT YET AVAILABLE IN A20 - COMING !! )

A20.0_2022-01-16_23-48-50.thumb.jpg.ae2550e9d60648f54e44f1c6f6652225.jpg

SMXui - Trader Conversation Window.

A20.0_2022-01-16_23-35-57.thumb.jpg.a7547eaff5ee166c28637ff6b4ac1511.jpg

SMXui - Character Screen Window with normal backpack and the item info window.

A20.0_2022-01-16_23-35-18.thumb.jpg.99d82fcbb42caddb7b52c78e939d7fcd.jpg

SMXui - Vehicle Window with normal backpack and empty info window.

A20.3_2022-02-28_19-38-23.thumb.jpg.19ace850c97c9fc2186dfda978b8aae3.jpg

SMXui - Map Windows with increased map texture and 48 fully configurable waypoint icons..

// SMX - THE OPTIONAL MODLETS //

SMX sports a variety of optional modlets. Some are meant as small QoL additions to the vanilla experience like the third forge slot and the target health bar while others are meant as pure extensions that push the vanilla experience out of balance.

A20.3_2022-03-01_01-10-49.thumb.jpg.4fca26c65d9bf0d21412561ed82072c9.jpg

ZMXuiCPBBM - A scrollable big bag mod for SMXui. It has 100 slots and adds search functions to the backpack, containers and vehicle storages.

Edited by Sirillion
Updated to A21 information. (see edit history)

Stupid question... what are the three icons in the top left. I know one is elevation, one is outside temp? what's the other?

There are no stupid questions :)

From left to right those are Elevation, Temperature (Environment) and Temperature (Feels like).

So the one with the coat for an Icon is how the temperature feels to the player after different modifiers are in place, like clothing, clothing mods, food etc.

i tryed loading this on to my pve server but when i logged in i could see the numbers and stuff in the top right but the boxs around my tool belt are gone and its not in black like in the pics ... i dropped the smx hud folder in my mod folder on my server .. any fix for this ? does this mod have to be on server and player side ?

Edited by saltyzombies (see edit history)

i tryed loading this on to my pve server but when i logged in i could see the numbers and stuff in the top right but the boxs around my tool belt are gone and its not in black like in the pics ... i dropped the smx hud folder in my mod folder on my server .. any fix for this ? does this mod have to be on server and player side ?

Yes, when used on a server this mod has to be on both server and client.

The reason for this is that to get this level of customization from the vanilla experience I have to use custom made assets and as such those assets are not present in the vanilla asset files and if the client doesn't have them installed the game won't find them as the server only sends the information about where they should exist and not the assets themselves.

Unless I am blind, which is fully possible :) , I don't see anything about you updating the SMXhudBBM. Are you planning to update that? Or should it work as is?

Hi,

No, no blindness involved. This is correct, I have not updated SMXhudBBM and the reason for that is that I have moved the BBM part over to SMXui, which I am currently developing. SMXhudBBM has been reported to work though, even if I have not even tested to see that for myself.

If all else fails there are other BBM mods and modlet out there that will work fine with SMXhud as it doesn't touch the backpack.

When it comes to SMXui I have been saying in a few days for a while now, and at this point I am not gonna say anything as it takes more time than I thought to clean it up for shipping. I am working as fast as I can and it will be ready soon :)

...and to those that wait...a small teaser...

PFeacAr.jpg

Hi,

No, no blindness involved. This is correct, I have not updated SMXhudBBM and the reason for that is that I have moved the BBM part over to SMXui, which I am currently developing. SMXhudBBM has been reported to work though, even if I have not even tested to see that for myself.

If all else fails there are other BBM mods and modlet out there that will work fine with SMXhud as it doesn't touch the backpack.

When it comes to SMXui I have been saying in a few days for a while now, and at this point I am not gonna say anything as it takes more time than I thought to clean it up for shipping. I am working as fast as I can and it will be ready soon :)

...and to those that wait...a small teaser...

PFeacAr.jpg

Very nice.

I use the bigger backpack 60 slot, not otger hud. And this hud. Works fine!

Glad to hear it, I am currently working on the last few “must add” window for SMXui, the bbm being one of them, got that completed yesterday. I reduced it a bit though, due to UI real estate, it is now 63 slots. I could add the 72 slot version as an option still but it would mean that the windows “flow” outside the visual area from time to time.

Using it. The transparent toolbelt takes some getting used to but a few hours in and it's all good. :)

Glad to hear it. The transparent tool belt have been a thing for SMX since the beginning, this changes soon. From the next version the tool belt will have the same backdrop as the upcoming SMXui inventory and other slots have.

• Sirillion changed the title to SMX - (Alpha19.3)
  • Sirillion changed the title to SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)