SMXmenu - (Alpha19)

Sirillion

xDQ6B5k.jpg

// Greetings, fellow survivors!

Welcome to the new and improved SMXmenu modlet for 7 Days to Die - Alpha 18. This version has undergone a great deal of improvements in light of the many new features that Alpha 18 brought to the table. See the changelog below for detailed information.

// Terms of Use

You are allowed to use this modlet as is for your own personal use and/or distribute said modlet bundled with something of your own creation as long as all the files of this modlet remain unaltered and you do not claim credit for creating the modlet itself or any of the files provided with it.

You are welcome, but not required, to inform the developer of this modlet should you wish to bundle and re-distribute said modlet as described above.

You are not allowed to use any of the assets bundled with this modlet in other projects where said modlet is not included and credited. This restriction applies to all files that this modlet consist of.

You are required to inform and ask permission from the developer of this modlet should you wish to make changes to any files provided with the intention to bundle and/or distribute.

Should permission be granted you are required to make the changes as a new modlet that injects into the modlet in question and keeping load order in mind. The original modlet shall be distributed as is with no change to its files whatsoever.

yrV2yPA.png

// SMXmenu //

SMXmenu is a menu conversion modlet. It was made to extend the art style of SMX into the menu UI’s of the game and even though it was made to supplement SMXhud it will also work stand alone for those that just want to modify their menu UI's.

// Main Menu //

22-1580460615-993754558.jpeg

// Ingame Menu //

22-1580460626-263572451.jpeg

// Video Options (example) //

22-1580461192-193218281.jpeg

// Install and remove

• Download the modlet from one of the locations below.
  • Decompress the modlet using WinRAR or a compatible archiver.
  • Copy or move the Mods folder into your 7 Days to Die installation folder.
  • Verify the install by checking that the ModInfo.xml file is located in this hierarchy: "\Mods\SMXmenu\ModInfo.xml"
  • Remove by deleting the SMXmenu folder inside the Mods folder.

yrV2yPA.png

// The Downloads

SMXmenu can be downloaded from three sources. NexusMods, which is my main distribution platform. Everything I distribute launch here first. Github, which is my mirror of choice for those that cannot or will not use NexusMods. SphereII's Mod Launcher, an easy to use mod and modlet installer for 7 Days to Die.

// NexusMods

// Github

// SphereII's Mod Launcher

Nice!

I'm trying that soon and i'll let you know if anything goes wrong.

does it include loading screens?

Please do, and get back to me with any errors or problems that you may find.

Not at this time no, that would be an upcoming feature if at all.

Not all elements are modded at this time either, some screens are still vanilla, like the server browser, world gen previewer, profile editor. These are all work in progress and will be modded over time.

hello, with the new update I get this error when I put in this modlet. I took out all xui modlet I had and only this one did it.

this is a good modlet hope it can be update.

2019-11-01T00:33:39 17.463 ERR [XUi] Failed initializing window group optionsVideo

2019-11-01T00:33:39 17.464 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_OptionsVideo.Init () [0x000f5] in <2af138c71a504ed58b4aca3d6632ceea>:0

at XUiController.Init () [0x00023] in <2af138c71a504ed58b4aca3d6632ceea>:0

at XUiWindowGroup.Init () [0x00009] in <2af138c71a504ed58b4aca3d6632ceea>:0

at XUi+<LoadAsync>d__199.MoveNext () [0x00276] in <2af138c71a504ed58b4aca3d6632ceea>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

<LoadAsync>d__199:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

hello, with the new update I get this error when I put in this modlet. I took out all xui modlet I had and only this one did it.

this is a good modlet hope it can be update.

2019-11-01T00:33:39 17.463 ERR [XUi] Failed initializing window group optionsVideo

2019-11-01T00:33:39 17.464 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_OptionsVideo.Init () [0x000f5] in <2af138c71a504ed58b4aca3d6632ceea>:0

at XUiController.Init () [0x00023] in <2af138c71a504ed58b4aca3d6632ceea>:0

at XUiWindowGroup.Init () [0x00009] in <2af138c71a504ed58b4aca3d6632ceea>:0

at XUi+<LoadAsync>d__199.MoveNext () [0x00276] in <2af138c71a504ed58b4aca3d6632ceea>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

<LoadAsync>d__199:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

What game version are you running?

im on 18.1(b5) just came out like an hour a go

Ahh, ok is that stable or experimental still?

SMX modlets are for stable only. When a new alpha happens I do develop for experimental in the beginning but when it first go from experimental to stable the SMX development stay in stable even if the game continues on experimental.

No update should be expected for experimental versions.

Edit: If it hit stable then I will not be able to get an update out until later this evening as I am just about to start my day at work now.

Ahh, ok is that stable or experimental still?

SMX modlets are for stable only. When a new alpha happens I do develop for experimental in the beginning but when it first go from experimental to stable the SMX development stay in stable even if the game continues on experimental.

No update should be expected for experimental versions.

Edit: If it hit stable then I will not be able to get an update out until later this evening as I am just about to start my day at work now.

Great author hello, looking forward to your update, currently entering the game can not set video report error scarlet letter 18.1(b5)

yes its experimental we will just have to wait for stable to come out.

I think you are going to see a lot of modders doing this as well. I know i can not sit around and constantly update modlets to work with every experimental, especially when they want to keep making framework changes twice a week.

I had a look at b5, and there were a lot of option changes, which is why this wont work now. Its impossible for us to keep copies for every experimental and stable. We would need 4 folders and to keep up with all of them is just ... a lot lol

To those on the experimental branch.

I had a little downtime on work yesterday where I found a while to work up a solution to this which I can live with while still catering to those that want to be on the experimental branch.

I created a new modlet called SMXmenuPatch which simply just xpath in the changes into SMXmenu to bridge release and experimental versions together without the need for me to spend a lot of time on this.

This new modlet will only be available on GitHub and it would have been available now if it wasn’t for some severe internet issues on the floatel on which I live while at work.

The 2kb upload simply wouldn’t go through. I will try again this evening as they told us the issues would be fixed during the day.

I will post a link here when it is up.

Archived