Terrain rendering !

Astanias

I dont know whats going on ! i first thought i might have something wrong in my Settings, but today i got told that in order of going against to much lag they implemented some type of rendering stop code at a certain distance. Sorry but this is terrible !

i dont like to walk around without knowing what might pop up out of a mountain . Maybe a house , a Town,who knows. It wasn´t in A17,so why now in 18 ? And how in the hell will this work on a Bloodmoon ?

PLEASE change that . for me thats not a playable Version as long THIS is in the Game.

Just a quick question, do you exactly know how that functions?

I assume (which is a lot based of playing the Experimental) it is more to do with being indoors and showing objects at particular distances. Staying outdoors should show you everything the rendering distance would, but when you walk inside you'll notice objects popping in and out of visibility at various angles and distances.

In short, you'll definitely not miss anything, unless you carefully look around. Also, if you have a better PC, you'll most likely play on higher settings making it less obvious.

Just a quick question, do you exactly know how that functions?

I assume (which is a lot based of playing the Experimental) it is more to do with being indoors and showing objects at particular distances. Staying outdoors should show you everything the rendering distance would, but when you walk inside you'll notice objects popping in and out of visibility at various angles and distances.

In short, you'll definitely not miss anything, unless you carefully look around. Also, if you have a better PC, you'll most likely play on higher settings making it less obvious.

Found out thats a setting the Server Admin can use . There was a lot people talking about lag on the server so he turned it on.

He said it is to go against the lag but honestly it is so disturbing , because u just can not trust what u see in distance since it will render when u get closer. sometimes u just have a huge cut mountain right in your face before the world finaly renders at this point. Thats a stupid feature in my eyes. So many bugs it seems in A 18 right now. yes is Experimental but i think it is a stage where it should not have be released.

Archived